Tabata

Baby_Cakes

Dave's little girl
Has anyone hasd any good results with Tabata? A high intsity/low intensity short program?

The four minutes are supposed to burn as much fat as an hour of jogging!

yes i do them once a week. you wont want to do it more if you do them properly. i have a tabata app to use on my itouch

it burns cals during and after, not sure how many but its EPOC effect is well recorded. Prof Tabata originally worked at massive max VO2 rate, so to get the effect you work very very hard - I use KB swings as you need simplicity. a stationary bike would work as well. if you can stand after and not feel sick you havnt reached the rate he set.... this is original '1e protocal' (4 mins with 20 secs on 10 secs off) there are variations of this now up to 60 seconds on/75 seconds off x 8 reps.

Id add it into your programme, along with LSD work and other HIIT stuff at different intensity. variation is a critical factor. but once a week is great and also has a positive impact for insulin/diabetes and fat in bloodstream so overall health is positively impacted. the original study was cyclists who did it 5 times pw and it was a VO2 test but the blood tests and other results showed positive VO2 and anaerobic impacts but also fat burning optimisation

Back