Taffy Girl's Weight Loss Journey

woohoo .. what a fab loss hun hope you get to your lil goal next w.i :)
have a great weekend xx

silver 7 on sec weigh in well done say your delighted congrats x

A totally belated well done but what a fantastic result... well done you!

Thanks everyone. I have not been around much this week as I've been very busy at work. I am still struggling to eat all my points - averaged at about 19 out of 21. I am not really expecting much of a weight loss this week because of this but would be happy to stay the same given my losses over the last couple of weeks which I am really pleased with :)

Yes, I have dropped a dress size already.:D I started as a size 18/20 and am now comfortably into lots of my Size 16's. I have 2 wardrobes full of clothes in the spare room that are jammed with clothes that "I will get back into one day" - I keep going and trying things on to give me a bit more of an incentive.....

Thank you everyone for your support - Marie it was actually "only" 7lbs I lost in the first 2 weeks. I wanted to lose the other 2lb this week.....

I have been to WI this morning and .......

I lost 2lbs. :D making a total of 9lbs so far - which was what I wanted to lose before I go on holiday 2 weeks today.

Last week I was so pleased with how I was doing I really didnt mind if I stayed the same - but now this week I am really motivated and want another loss next week (so I have a little to play with on holiday!) Isn't it funny how our minds work!

I'm having the evening off and going to Wagamamas tonight to celebrate with some friends - but I'll be back on track first thing in the morning!!!

Taffy Girl's diary - another weigh in

I only last 1/2 a lb today. Was a bit disappointed as I was hoping for a little more having done so well the first few weeks. Still 9.5lb down overall - and I have a whole new wardrobe of clothes that now fit again. :party0038:

Its my last week before I go on holiday next Saturday and I would love to lose 1.5lbs...... Promise I'll be good after our BBQ tonight!!!

Its still a loss and thats how you need to think of it! I think you have done brilliant, so well done you!

Thank you - We have a cocker spaniel so we walk him for about 2 hours a day and a bit more at the weekend.

I have not used my bonus points from exercise yet - but we are going on holiday to the Lake District next week and hope to be walking a lot so I will calculate and use them then to make up for the inevitable "holiday treats"!

(PS can anyone tell me how I change the title to this thread... as I'm not that new anymore!!)

Just popped on to say hello! Am back from our holiday in the Lake District. We had a lovely time but the weather was really awful - rain, rain and more rain.... I was really good for the first few days and stuck to plan adding in some bonus points for all the walking we were doing - but the last few days I was really naughty with chocolate/ chips/cake/garlic bread.....

As I have missed my weigh in two saturdays running I've weighed on my own scales each week to try and keep on track - which show I've stayed the same, which I am pleased about. We were walking about 6 or 7 miles a day so I think that has helped limit the damage!

Back on track tomorrow and hoping for a loss next week.

Hiya Taffy girl, pity about the rain! but glad you had a good holiday and kept busy. And good news about you staying the same.Bette the n a gain!

Hey Taffy Girl,

Was wondering where abouts in south wales you are from? I grew up in pontypridd so practically lived ON the Taff xxx

Well I went back to class today after missing 2 weeks WIs because of my holiday ...... I had lost another 3.5lbs - making a total of 13lbs.

I went to the docs on Thursday and got weighed. She told me I'd lost 13lbs but I didn't really believe her - thought she'd got muddled up converting from kilos into pounds .....

I am over the moon:bliss:

We had planned to go out to the pub for a meal tonight - but I am being very good and going to stay in and cook something extra scrummy within points and open a bottle of wine. We have so many parties and weddings and things over the summer - we have at least one thing every weekend for the next six weeks I am going to have to be extra good all week!!!

Blue grapefruit - we live in Newport now but I'm a Cardiff girl at heart. I know Ponty well as I studied at Uni of Glam many moons ago. :)

Last edited:
Well done you, that's wonderful. You should be very proud.

Any tips for those of us (me) who are about to go on holiday on how to make sure we don't fall too far off the wagon?

Back