Take two, go!

Also, you would only be using the TFR flapjacks instead of shakes and not as snacks. you're only supposed to have 3 lipotrim products per day. Pharmacist should have set all that out for you. Hope that helps. :)

Hi All!!! I have run into a bit of a stumbling block!!! Went to get weighed this morning (3lb off v happy). But then the pharm said She had had the Lipotrim Auditors in and they have questioned my file. I haven't been always able to manage 3 shakes a day from the get go really but more so in the last few weeks. They have noticed that I haven't been buying a full weeks worth and told the pharm that this could not continue!! They said unless I was taking all 3 shakes a day I would not be getting all my nutrients, and although I know this I still find it v difficult to stomach the 3 in one day. Soooo I don't want to continue buying 21 shakes a week @ £40 just to be stock piling them in the cupboard and I am petrified and I mean PETRIFIED at doing a refeed and putting on weight????
One thing Lipotrim has taught me is a lot about my eating habits. I have never been a person that eats too much as in quantity (so how did I end up at this weight???) I truly believe that it wasn't so much how much I was eating as WHAT I was eating. My difficulty getting 3 shakes in a day has proven what I always suspected and that is that I don't have a big appetite. My BIG problem is that I don't process Sugar well at all and my previous way of eating was extremely Carbohydrate laden - Bread, Potatoes, Root Vegetables, Processed Foods, Pasta, Crisps etc..... I would easily have gone to 3-4 pm in a day before eating anything and from then on it would have been a slice of toast and then dinner and then snack at nightime on crisps or biscuits etc.
Basically I have a decision to make - I can continue on TFR and buy the £40 worth of shakes a week and use whatever I can (good in that I will continue to lose but bad in that I know well I won't take the 3 a day and I will inevitably be nutrient deficient and also I think I am not doing my metabolism any favours slowing it down to this extent in the long run) OR I can go refeed (good as I will still be getting weighed each week to keep me on track but Bad as I will still be eating too many carbs to be low carb friendly which is ultimately the kind of diet I know I need to follow as a lifestyle in the long run if I am to keep off the weight I loose)

Ah I am so confused - could really be doing with some opinions/advice???? I am the most determined I have ever been with regard to losing weight (I have an op coming up and so want to have a much healthier BMI for that - I have 3 wee girls at home who need their Mammy and need her HEALTHY to keep up with their demands - two of my little girls have special needs and in no way do I mean this in a negative way but they do require me to have a lot of energy and as I am often stressed I want to be as physically fit as I can be in order to be able to exercise as a means of stress relief (at this weight exercise is stressful in itself lol)))

So what do you all think??? Any advice, tips etc welcome - You guys have been my ROCK in the last 7 weeks - couldn't have come this far without updating here and checking in here everynight with people who don't mind hearing about my highs and lows!! After all if you're not on a weight loss journey who wants to talk about dieting every night??? LOL

Hi Seabre,

Firstly, just to put your mind at rest re refeed - you shouldn't put any of the weight back on if you follow the refeed to the letter. So don't worry too much about that.

Secondly, for what its worth I think the auditors are right - if you're not taking in the recommended amount of shakes you are at risk of making yourself ill. So that's not good. And I agree that you might not be doing your metabolism any favours.

Why don't you refeed first for a week or two (or however long you think you should) and then move on to a keto freindly/atkins style diet to lose the rest? At least that way you will be taking in proper nutrients etc every day. I know it's a very hard choice and of course everyone on the forum will miss you posting (particularly as it has been so quiet lately). The only other alternative you have is to assure the pharmacy that you will take in 3 shakes per day and force yourself to do just that. I try to tell myself that mine are like medicine - I read that on here before and it was quite a good tip.

Its a very hard choice but hope you do whatever feels right for you. At the moment it seems as though you might be more in favour of moving to a keto diet so if that's what you feel is right for you after refeed then I say go for it.

Chin up :)

Thanks for replying Skinny!!!

I am going to work out the carb total of refeed and see if it fits with atkins phase 1 ie less than 20g carb per day and if not I might ask a good and trusted friend who has been there done that with regards to weight loss to come to my house once a week at a specific time and witness my weigh in whilst I go full Atkins..... I really believe the dreaded weigh in is great for keeping me on track but the traditional weigh in diets like SW and WW have failed for me in the past as they are quite carb high and I inevitably struggle with not eating enough during the day and allowing myself to use my extra "points" etc for non healthy night time snacks. I know She would do this favour for me and the fact that she would be landing at my door for weigh ins would prevent me from - "Not bothering to go get weighed this week" which would be a fav of mine too.....
I would miss the comfort of the steady and sure weight loss of Lipo each week though - which has been a brilliant motivator for me but I would be more than happy with a 2lb steady loss on Atkins too......Really need to make a decision and go into it whole heartedly though......

Hey Seabre,
This is a tricky one... on the one hand you've been doing so well with LT, on the other you need to get all of your nutrients. Like Mindy says, you can still lose on refeed - I'm weighing-in tomorrow, but an unofficial peek on my home scales suggests that I've still lost something. If you switch from LT to Atkins and stay in ketosis, switching instead from low-calorie to low-carb, would that work out? Please stay about on the forums whatever you decide to do, your posts inspire me and keep me in line! I know that whatever you choose, you'll do brilliantly, you've already shown such determination here!

Non-scale victory: Two people have now complimented me on my weight loss :D

After a week on refeed, my weight has... stayed exactly the same! Given that I enjoyed a dinner party, I guess it's fair enough. This weekend I'm away and there'll be a buffet, I'll do my best to be good! There'll be 2 fancy dress parties, yesterday I had fun dressing up and wearing clothes that hadn't fit me for a while :)

Last edited:
Hi Guys.

Yeah they give me as a snack on my first week.. darn.. I stopped it, that is why i was always hungry.. thanks guys.

Hey Kamikat! I think that is a real result!!! To stay the same is brill given that you were able to enjoy a lovely meal! My experiment with Atkins induction is showing similar results so far (haha You know what a slave to the scales I am!!!!) was 3lb down BRIEFLY this morn but when I double checked about 15 mins later I was back to the same!!! Given the use my scales get it may be time for a new battery - I be on them at least once a day and they are @a year old - given the Stress I put on them its a wonder they've lasted as long as they have lol!!!! They were always @4lb lighter than the pharm scales too..... False sense of security:p
Glad you had your wee fashion parade - doing things like that keeps me going..... Good luck!

Sooo... I had a great weekend away, lots of fun and games. Food-wise overate a lot of unhealthy food... part of me wants to write it off as 'holiday', but I know that there'll be other occasions like this one where I'm at risk of overeating (birthday and Christmas meals). I'm going for weigh-in on Wednesday, I'll see what the damage is then.

Het Kamikat - thought I'd check in! Sounds like you are in great form and enjoying life - GOOD FOR YOU!!!! I firmly believe you can fit in all those occasions - especially if you are continuing on Low carb! Just be extra good all week when you know you have a treat coming up and try to remember all the lovely low carb treats that are still allowable on your treat days!!! I have to say I have been delighted with a 2lb loss this week and hand on heart am not feeling deprived - I have had to reign myself in a little from eating too high calorie wise esp as I am transferring from 450 cal a day!!! But it is so doable and I am feeling proud of myself. Had another night out this week and stuck to Vodka and diet coke and had no negative effect on scales (or tolerance wise either). Keep at it Kami! We can do this (and have a life too ;) )

Go you seabre! Well done for staying so disciplined, I'm actually dreading weigh-in for the first time since I know I've overeaten unhealthy stuff. But if I hold myself accountable on here and stay low-carb from here on (I might make an exception for my birthday next Wednesday :p ) I hope that I'll make progress like you!

So after my 4-day weekend of not being sensible with food, I've gained 1.5lb. To be honest this isn't as bad as I'd expected, it's extra incentive to be good this week. My body's now craving sugar, it's scary how addictive carbs are.

1.5 lbs is nothing- you'll have that gone in less than 3 days :) that's great you are finding low carbing a better fit for you at the moment. I can't wait to be on the low carb after Xmas!!

You're far too forgiving Mindy :) My mind's going 'But if you'd stayed on LT you could be 8lb down now', but on the other hand I'm not struggling on low-carb (when I behave!). I might LT again after New Year, I'll see how keto goes.

On my second day back to being good :)
I have an interview this afternoon in a city an hour away, I really really hope that I get this one. Otherwise I've provisionally been offered a position in Spain... I'm in two minds about that. I've decided that if I get this offer in the UK, I'll take it. If not, I'll go to Spain. My future hinges on this afternoon, it's scary in a way :/

Hi Kamikat - Well - did you get it? Are you staying or on the move? Hope you get what you really want ;)

They'll let me know on Tuesday... I'd rather stay here in the country, but after talking it through with some friends I feel that going away wouldn't be a bad idea either.
Non-Scale Victory: Today I felt confident enough to go to a convention in cosplay! It was my first convention and it was absolutely brilliant. Stayed keto all day, not easy when the only keto thing on the menu at the place we went for lunch was a plain chicken salad for £9! I'm going for weigh-in on Tuesday and Wednesday's my birthday, I'm thinking that if I have a loss on Tuesday then I won't feel bad about breaking diet on Wednesday.

...and it looks like I'm going to Spain! I'm trying to be excited about it, but to be honest I'm quite scared about the move. On the plus side diet-wise, Spanish food is a lot more keto-friendly than English food!

Back