Taking back control

Borderlass

Well, having just read a very enlightening topic from several years ago about changing habits - thank you KD - and having just bought 'slim from within'; perhaps it is time to change the way I attempt weight loss ... by using my brain! No more giving away my power to clubs and fads and expensive super foods; I need to do what will work for me, thought out by me, for me. I also have to come to learn how to work with 'Fred' - i/e not eat on auto pilot in response to external cues I am unaware of etc.. I need to change because I am getting older and this excess weight is doing my health no favours. So, here we go. For the last time, an ounce at a time, for however much time it takes.....
I am climbing back on the wagon, going to make plans, shop, eat, shrink..... :)

Today re-visiting the slimming world books hiding in my drawer, I'm confident that done properly it will work. I can have controlled carby things to keep my inner Fred happy, while knowing I am being healthier with all the veggies I plan to incorporate. I so can't be bothered with counting cals or points, I want to feel I can eat 'normally' but with a few restrictions. Giving up the over reliance on bread will be hard, but must be done. I am such a bread addict and would rather have 4 sandwiches a day than proper meals. Sandwich, soup and crisps - bliss! Make celery dipped in salt a substitute for crisps - still a salty crunch! Free veg into soup, and a sandwich can be allowed with healthy B choice bread. I know it is always said 'fail to plan, plan to fail' but that has never really sunk in as a lesson. I tell myself I like to freewheel. But actually, having a plan of what I know I will enjoy, while still staying within certain limits brings a kind of freedom to my brain space which is usually pottering along in the background with a 'what can I eat' refrain!
The plans and shopping lists are nearly ready, now I just need hubby to bring the car back so I can go to the supermarket!

Back