Taking breaks from VCLD - without blowing it!

FatCyclist

I was wondering how people manage their VCLDs. I am taking 600 calories a day and I had read that you should do this for no more than 4 weeks before taking a break and having a week of one meal a day as well. This makes sense but I was going to try having 1 meal for every time I lost 7lbs - as a reward (!) and maybe even to keep the metabolism up a bit.

I am a binge eater so I'm aware that the reward meal could spell disaster as I say good bye to a banoffi pie.

What do other people do? do you have some food days on the VLCD journey - and what happens to the weight loss?

Hi Fatcyclist, That's very low! Are you under docs supervision?
I am doing 800 now because I have plateaud since beg of Jan but before I was on 1000.
Rather than have a "reward" meal as I know that can be the thin edge of the wedge, so to speak, why not do a 1000 cals for a couple of days and that way you will still feel more in control?
It would be such a shame to mess things up at this point, wouldn't it?

All the very best to you ...... :)

P.s. Are you going to start your own diary? It is soo helpful as we know where you are and can help and encourage you at those particular times which we all suffer from... Her's a link that may be helpful...
http://www.minimins.com/calorie-counting-diaries/

Last edited:
Sculptress, which I believe you're doing isn't a VLCD or TFR diet. You're supposed to have meals every day on it

Last edited:
Thanks Emmaline. You're right 600 cals isn't sustainable but I am just so unable to control food intake. I will take yours and Starlight's advice and try to get on even keel. I was already planning 'dinner' next Sunday which would, in my case, have blown this week's efforts!

All the best to you

FC

You shouldn't be eating just 600 or 800 calories a day or even 1000cals unless you are following a proper VLCD. If you follow a proper VLCD it is very sustainable for a long period of time. Cambridge recommend 12 weeks then a "up a level" week. Exante do 5 weeks and you have to add in a protein and veg/ salad meal each day.

Home made VLCDs are not healthy - bottom line.

Back