Taking Control of Me :)

Just dropping by to say hello and to wish you good luck.Well done on your loss so far:).x

Hi surreygal, thanks for the support.....I see you've been doing very well, can I ask how you've done it :)

Thank you.Im doing slimming world.You will get loads of support on here:).I have still loads more to loose,but it's all going in the right direction:).

Well have felt dreadful today, started this morning when I got an unexpected totm.......the first one this year, I think I have started my menopause and am all over the place, hot flushes, tiredness......but today has been tough, have felt awful all day, terrible cramps, feel nauseas, just been a pants day :( but I didn't overeat so that's something.....will have to see what weigh in tomorrow says

Well I stayed the same today, but its pretty much what I expected.........I'm happy with that, at least I haven't gained :)

Right attitude big girl :) and probably unexpected totm has had an affect of any loss that you would normally have had today, bet next week there is a loss, but sts does mean no gain, so that is good news, hope you feel better soon, take care :)

Hi Big girl

You're doing well to stay the same what with everything! I am having to work much harder than before to lose a few lbs - middle age is no fun!

I am fed up with being a flat bottomed, middle-aged spreader. I would love to be able to move some of the lard into my face, boobs and backside. Why does it redistribute itself? It's as though my body is saying - hey you don't need to be a sexy shape any more. :( Well, stuff that!

I'm sure we can stick it out big girl - don't give up!!

(Today is glorious and I was in my coat!! :confused:)

Pomooky XX

Weigh in today.........and I stayed the same again.........I'm surprised I didn't put on as I haven't been totally good, a few naughties sneaked their way in this week, well actually they didn't sneak in....I opened the door wide and invited them in LOL so I'm pleased I stayed the same :)

Hoping to get back to normal next week, my routine has gone right out of the window the last week or so, so am hoping to get back into my groove......

Hi big girl
sts is so much better than gaining, so well done and you are in the right frame of mind to take on another week now, good luck!

For me, the danger time is when there is a gain, and I've thrown in the towel :eek: so I'm avoiding that happening..fingers crossed :eek:

Have a lovely easter weekend :)

Well I'm starting again.......had a bad couple of weeks, everything was all over the place, I tried to stick to healthy eating as much as i could and I think I did pretty much ok, considering everything :) over the last 2 weeks I've put on 2lbs, which I'm ok with........in the past I could put that amount on at one meal LOL so I think the damage has been somewhat limited.......

So I'm starting again from today, weighing in on a Monday seems to make more sense, start of the new week, new weigh in :)

I have a pretty busy week again, but I'm hoping busy hands/mind will stop me from popping food in my mouth, although not much chance for exercise.......but I did walk up and down 5 flights of stairs yesterday, nigh on killed my knees LOL

well done big girl for climbing back on board :) it shows you really want to do it!

don't worry about wee blips, we all have them and that little 2lb will be off in no time at all.

I weigh in on monday mornings, it keeps me focused throughout the week..and helps me stay on track at weekends (well most of the time :rolleyes:) I look forward to following your progress, especially on a monday..there a few of us in the monday club so welcome to the gang!!!!

So pleased you've returned and decided to stay with us on this challenge ahead...the more the merrier :)

Well I've done ok since Monday.....haha I know it's only Thursday but I'm still feeling positive :)

I have to say I'm loving calorie counting, as long as I stick to my allowance I can still have the odd treat.....yesterday I spent most of the morning crawling round on my hands and knees pinning a quilt (have knackered my knees now tho) and then spent the rest of the day quilting/sewing......all day I kept thinking I had hay fever as I was sneezing all day, had itchy eyes and a scratchy throat, but this morning I have woken up feeling really grotty and my teeth hurt - always a sign of a cold/flu for me - and I got my period this morning :( probably explains why I treated myself to a magnum last night when I went to the supermarket to stock up on fruit, just needed something sweet and cool on my throat and I had enough calories left over to treat myself........but today I'm popping loads of grapes in the freezer, so I can snack on them when I need a sweet fix :)

So here we go again, another day of counting and another day closer to my goal, think I need to put some goals/challenges in my signature - visual aids are good for me :)

Pleased you are feeing so positive, well done!
Hope you are feeling a bit better health-wise, rotten luck a cold and totm :eek: at least your totm led to an ice lolly, which you were allowed anyway!...last week, mine led to flakes!!! (also fish n chips and curry..not chocolate covered I know..but I was soooo hungry for 2 days and craving them so badly, it was uncontrollable... but felt yeuky afterwards, so wasn't worth it, no blow out next month though, I am determined ;)

Frozen grapes sound yummy and will help your sore throat. I admire your sewing skills, I am a VERY basic sewer, and not too good at it!!! lol

Have a nice day and a quick recovery :)

Last edited:
well not only did i get a cold but it went straight to my chest and triggered an asthma attack.....so I've spent the last few days doing nothing very much except trying to breath LOL

i wasn't eating as much but i also wasn't eating properly, plus taking more steroids i thought would have a huge negative effect.........so i wasn't looking forward to my weigh in this morning, but i can happily announce that i've lost 4lbs - woohoo.......can't get too excited and start dancing round the room, don't want to keel over :) but its a great start to the week......

Kayla's mum.....i used this page to figure out my BMR and then reduced my calorie intake accordingly, it was really helpful and i feel like a normal person following the calorie counting rather than being on a diet......if i want a taste of cake with a coffee, i can have it, as long as its within my daily allowance.......

Back