taking kids to group with you?

Cakey

does anyone take their kids to group with them? if so how do you keep them entertained while you're there?

I have to take my little boy with me because I havent got anyone who can watch him for me and he's usually fantastic for the first 45mins/hour but then he starts getting bored and naughty. He's not even 2 yet so his attention span is awful and trying to keep him entertained is a nightmare! Anyone got any idea what I can do to keep him from driving everyone crazy?

Sorry, I never took my son who is nearly 3. He wouldn't sit still for 5 mins. U could try taking some cars so he can play with them in a corner . Would that work ?

I don't take my girls (4yrs and almost 2yrs) purely because they wouldn't sit still/ be quiet and I was fed up of the looks we got from other members. I used to take lots of snacks and books/ toys. How do you entertain him at the moment? It is really difficult.

When I was a helper I took bought a colouring book and crayons from Asda - just smart price ones and cost me under £1 and left them for the kids to use. Didn't cost me anything really and kept some of them occupied? Would that be an option?

You could leave them at group so they are "special weigh in toys"?

How long does your class last? I would start playing up if i was sitting in a slimming class for over an hour - and i'm nearly 40! My attention span isn't that great either...

Why don't you go to class a little later - I'm assuming you go and weigh and wait for Body Magic - or Image Therapy whatever it's called... If you went and weighed a little later you wouldn't have to be there for so long?

Unless of course you catch a bus and the timing is not convenient for you.

Good luck (this is from someone who doesn't have kids!).

Lx

Back