taking shakes abroad

lumpyandbumpy

Silver Member
i'm off to turkey in 4 weeks time and planning on sticking to protein based foods as best as i can when i'm away. as its so hot out there, i wouldnt normally stuff my face with food anyway so im hoping i can stick to small portions and healthy options. however as i'm on a hen wkend 3 days after i return home from turkey, i'm worried about putting on too much weight after coming out of ketosis and feeling demotivated b4 going on the wkend. I'm contemplating taking shakes on hols so that i'll have 2 shakes a day and a main meal in the night for damage limitation, plus plenty of water obviously!

the only thing i'm concerned about is would they be allowed through customs? i know some places are funny about certain foods etc so i wondered whether it would be ok to take them with me? i'll be taking a case to put in the hold plus a bag on the plane so would putting it in one case be better than the other to not detect it? i sound like i'm smuggling drugs or something but i really dont want around 30 quids worth of shakes confiscated from me!! any tips??! thx! x

thanks, i'm defo taking some shakes away with me then plus my whisk and a little travel kettle! hopefully it'll help keep me on track!

I'm off to Greece in 15 days and would like to try to carry on over there too! I dunno wether to take them as I'd be scared to get them taken! Like u said I don't eat tons over there anyway but I'd like to keep at shakes if u can x

Total loss- 35lbs

i think i'll defo take the risk with them, i'm so worried about piling on the weight over there so that at least if i can take the shakes i'll feel more in control of the choice i make for my main meal whereas if i just go without i'll end up buying the massive bags of crisps they sell there and stuffing my face! got a travel kettle too as my room does not have kitchen facilities :(

Ummm crispsssss lol

I have taken my packs to and from Cyprus loads of times in my hand-baggage and never had a problem - had more trouble with getting my Kindle throu this time, they really gave it a good going over at Customs at Luton Airport!:D

I have just had my first weigh-in since my 2 weeks holiday and have lost 4 lbs so its well worth packing your CD shakes in your case! :D

Last edited:
ROSB said:
I have taken my packs to and from Cyprus loads of times in my hand-baggage and never had a problem - had more trouble with getting my Kindle throu this time, they really gave it a good going over at Customs at Luton Airport!:D

I have just had my first weigh-in since my 2 weeks holiday and have lost 4 lbs so its well worth packing your CD shakes in your case! :D

Wow that's great loss for 2 weeks hols! Did you eat and drink also?

I did eat some bits but was very careful not to go mad. I took my shake to the beach and quite happily had it whilst sunbathing. I mostly stuck to protein and salads and tried to avoid the bread & cakes I usually like.

Its nice to come home with a tan and feeling slimmer too.
:D

My hubby ate a lot more than me (he has been SS on CD too) and he gained 1 lb so he was pleased with that.

Oh Im going to american and thinking about doing the same :)

Back