Taking the 'before' pictures !!

alipally

Serial Dieter!
Yesterday I spent a couple of hours trawling through the before and after pictures that are in various places throughout the forum (I don't discriminate on how the weight was lost!) and what I found was that, the before pictures were mostly, half body or facial shots only, so the differences, although obvious, weren't well documented.

The best before and afters I saw were full length shots and, for me at least, the underwear/swimwear shots really stood out as I could see that one day, I might actually look OK naked (not that my DH has ever complained and obviously finds me attractive.... I will NEVER understand men!)

So in the interests of keeping me motivated, this morning I took the camera upstairs and took some brutally honest shots of myself front, back and both sides which I will repeat after every 5kg loss. I have NO intention of posting ANY of them until I get to 77kg, which is 4st10lb away from the here and now!

Anyway, what I'm suggesting is that we all take a few full length shots of ourselves (obviously underwear shots are entirely optional!!) as we embark on this journey and that we take them regularly. The tape measure and scales only really tell half of the story.

I get so much motivation and inspiration from the before and afters I want to be able to share my success and perhaps inspire and motivate others to do the same.

I must admit, this time I didn't take any full length shots at the start, so I had to use pictures taken around the start time.

I wasn't at all in a place to have my picture taken when I'd made the decision to do CwP, but I do wish I had done, especially now that I'm so far along. I'm the person who deletes pictures that aren't flattering so I didnt have many full length shots at all!

I have the "before" shots from when I started WW last year (actually weighing a few lbs less than when I started CWP so I compare back to them x

I've taken full length 360 shots! Both clothes and in a bikini.

Bc even though they make me cringe now I'm sure when I look much better they're be a boost! Xx

There was no way I was doing before pictures, it would not help me. Instead I look at my photos from a couple of years ago when I was the weight I am aiming for this time, that works for me!

I've taken full length 360 shots! Both clothes and in a bikini.

Bc even though they make me cringe now I'm sure when I look much better they're be a boost! Xx
bikini! I've never even owned a bikini! Everyone will have to make do with my mismatched underwear!

bikini! I've never even owned a bikini! Everyone will have to make do with my mismatched underwear!

It's my "target" outfit! I've always wanted to wear one but always felt too fat! X

I took full length front, back and side shots in my full length bedroom mirror when I started, but clothed. I couldn't bear taking any in undies it was just too depressing! After I'd lost 2 1/2 stone I took some front, back and side underwear shots and although they were still depressing I'm glad I did. It's really inspirational looking at other people's, but its pretty cool looking at your own and feeling proud :) (Before and during at the moment but will one day be before and after)

Take a look at this Before And After Fat Loss someone posted it on another forum and it is incredibly inspirational!! These people have mainly lost weight eating healthily and exercising (rather than diets like Cambridge) but I still love looking at the photos. People post on there every day so I check it most days and there's always loads of new ones. What I find most fascinating is that some of them are people that haven't lost any weight on the scales but have completely changed their shape, size and muscle tone through exercise and eating well. That's my plan when I get to goal, stop losing weight but change my body through exercise :)

There was no way I was doing before pictures, it would not help me. Instead I look at my photos from a couple of years ago when I was the weight I am aiming for this time, that works for me!

Have to agree with you, Froggy : whenever am unable to avoid having a "posed " picture taken I always insist it's from the waist up, with me turned at an angle to the camera and my arms away from my body, so as to look slimmer.
My photo on here is a perfect example!! (but I have others, much, much worse!)

My husbands a photographer so Ive learned every trick in the world to look slimmer in pictures! I'm still doing it now 4 and a Half stone down lol

I took some pics to join the platinum players group on fb - was tragic lol x

I bought a £2.99 Primark bikini to wear while my daughter took some 'before' pics of me... she couldn't take the pictures for laughing. Said I looked like 'Bubbles' from 'Little Britain' (she was right, I really did). So she took some half-dressed shots instead and then she used them in her art project at college. I saw her art tutor on results day this week and he commented on how different I look now, so I'll get her to take some new ones and put them both up here.

I've put my photos up on the 'inspirational photos' section... can't believe the difference 6 weeks has made! I've inspired myself lol

*looking* now!!

Hi everyone.

I did front, back & side pictures the day I started the diet. I got my poor fiancé to take the pics of me in my bikini.

I repeat the photos every 2 weeks so I can see what I have achieved. After the first month I just kept staring at my pics. I can't believe the difference already, this definitely works to keep me motivated!

Once I have lost the 4.5st I will also upload them!

Jay xx

Back