Taking the scenic route, But I`ll arrive where I want to be eventually ;)

Think you're doing the right thing SS. RC sounds fab, I tried the website once but it didn't work for me, couldn't find the motivation to do it and there is no class near me. I agree that exercise has to be a big part of maintaining, I'd like to wriggle out of it but I don't think we have a choice! And of course you are staying here, don't be daft - we are all doing our own journeys, by whatever means work for us, and that's OK.

Hope your daughter is better soon, poor chick.

xxx

Hi SS,

Glad to see that you are still with us and pleased that you have made a decision that you feel you will have success with. That's what it is all about at the end of the day. I'm sure RC will be a good move for you.

Hope your little one gets better very soon. xx

Hi Lise,

I am so sorry your daughter is so ill. As you know my DD was poorly, but hers was just a tummy bug. Also, sorry you have to miss work... I know how much you LOVE that job ;) -- maybe you can scan the papers for something you'll like better while you're home.

Later 'Gator... not gonna get much sleep tonight -- the SUPERBOWL is on!!! Starts at 11 p.m. UK time. (Oh I won't be watching I could not care less about American Pro Football... it's just those d#mn males moaning and groaning over a silly game all night long! UGH!)

MM

Last edited:
Hi SS, glad you have made a choice which is right for you. I remember doing RC years ago, I probably still have tons of her diet books in the loft...... but it did work even back then... have a good week xx

Good decision SS. I hope your daughter is a bit better today.

Scenic route is good SS, take in a lot more scenery that way.

Did you see my post regarding you getting your bike out? I think it was on Katy's diary. I was wondering where you cycled and if you fancied a cycle buddy? xx

Think you're doing the right thing SS. RC sounds fab, I tried the website once but it didn't work for me, couldn't find the motivation to do it and there is no class near me. I agree that exercise has to be a big part of maintaining, I'd like to wriggle out of it but I don't think we have a choice! And of course you are staying here, don't be daft - we are all doing our own journeys, by whatever means work for us, and that's OK.

Hope your daughter is better soon, poor chick.

xxx

Hi Hun x

I don`t think the website would work for me either. I already have a cross trainer, A rowing machine and a Wobble machine here and I`m rubbish at using them as I have no motivation. I think I drive my poor hubbie to distraction as he doesn`t get the paying for it when I have stuff here lol I NEED the discipline of having to go out to do something, And to be weighed.

Takara is so much better thankyou :) She is still a bit blotchy and itchy, But the antibiotics have made such a difference. I`m taking her to my GP Friday morning, So that she has a whole week to get over it (hopefully!). I`m not sure if work were too impressed, But my baby comes first ;)

Hope you have a great week Xxx

Hi Lise,

I am so sorry your daughter is so ill. As you know my DD was poorly, but hers was just a tummy bug. Also, sorry you have to miss work... I know how much you LOVE that job ;) -- maybe you can scan the papers for something you'll like better while you're home.

Later 'Gator... not gonna get much sleep tonight -- the SUPERBOWL is on!!! Starts at 11 p.m. UK time. (Oh I won't be watching I could not care less about American Pro Football... it's just those d#mn males moaning and groaning over a silly game all night long! UGH!)

MM

Hey Mel :)

I`m glad your daughter is now feeling better :) It`s such a worry when they`re sick isn`t it? :( I hope no-one else gets poorly! I think my hubbie may be coming down with something now :sigh:

;) @ job, I`ve had a look at the job centre online but there isn`t really much :sigh: I really need something flexible which my current job isn`t really, And I think they`re going to start getting annoyed at me taking time off :( I had last Friday off as Twigs was poorly, Then the whole of this week. In the next few weeks I need to take the day off for some training for my clinic job. I have no say in this because the PCT can be fined if I haven`t completed this training and the clinic is my primary job. I`ve also just managed to book Harley (my elder daughter) an interview with the college she`s hoping to get into. I`ll have to go along with her as she has SN and will need help. So I don`t think I will have this job long as they`re going to get sick of me :sigh:

Wow, I do ramble, Sorry! LOL :rolleyes:

Was it good or bad news in your household after the superbowl?? I can`t remember who won, Was it the Steelers?

Hope you have a great week :) I`m looking forward to hopefully starting my RC Class on Weds. I have you to thank for pointing their offer out to me, So thankyou :D Xxx

Hi SS, glad you have made a choice which is right for you. I remember doing RC years ago, I probably still have tons of her diet books in the loft...... but it did work even back then... have a good week xx

Thanks hun, I have been so pleased seeing your posts on other diaries since you started WW. You are doing so well now that you`re doing something that is right for YOU.

I`m glad to hear that RC works :D I`m starting to worry a bit as I go back to the hospital in June and HAVE to have my BMI at 25 by then :( I don`t lose weight well because of my underactive thyroid and pcos so am worrying that I won`t make it in time :(

I`m going to enjoy this week as even though it`s because she`s poorly, I`m getting to spend the whole week with my gorgeous girl :heartpump: I REALLY miss her now that she is at school :cry:

I hope you have a great week, Keep up the great work you`re doing Xxx

Good decision SS. I hope your daughter is a bit better today.

Thankyou x The antibiotics have made such a difference!

I`m glad you`ve had a good day today too x

Scenic route is good SS, take in a lot more scenery that way.

Did you see my post regarding you getting your bike out? I think it was on Katy's diary. I was wondering where you cycled and if you fancied a cycle buddy? xx

Hehe, I just hope I don`t get lost in the scenery!! ;)

I did see your post and replied :) I don`t really have a cycle route, I just cycle round the estate where I live. I cycled up the A30 once and nearly died :eek: rofl

Maybe we could find somewhere that we could meet up and go for rides together? Not sure where though?? :confused:

Hope your throat isn`t too sore now and that you`re feeling better tomorrow Xxx

Day one of Healthy Eating & WI

So, I emailed my CDC last night explaining that my head just was not in the right place to do this diet anymore and that I would be stopping. I apologised as I feel I have messed her about and let her down :( And I offered to buy another weeks worth as I felt it unfair to suddenly stop. Being the lovely lady that she is, She replied saying that I was under no obligation to buy from her :)

We also decided that considering Twiglet is poorly, As I wasn`t needing to buy anything, It was better for me not to go for WI tonight incase I could be harbouring her lurgies and pass them on.

I did my own unofficial WI first thing this morning as I do every week and then I jumped on the Drs scales tonight at work and they more or less matched :D (slightly more at work but it was 9pm whereas I weighed first thing in the am) so I am taking that as my weight which was 73kgs - 11st 6lbs :cry: (72.3kg - 11st 5lbs this am)

I have felt like a weight was lifted all day today. It`s a bit silly really, As I was only having 2 tetras a day and eating my own thing anyway?? I think it`s just the relief of making a final decision that this just wasn`t right for me and moving on and deciding to do something else. Don`t know if this makes sense :confused:

I have noticed that I`ve been STARVING today, Especially this evening and I`m wondering if it`s something psychological now that I know I`m not so restricted??? I`m still within my calorie goal to lose weight for my height/weight for today though only just! But went way over on protein and over on my carbs by 4 :sigh: - I use myfitnesspal to keep a check on things.

I had a bit of a mish mash for breakfast as Twig made it for me bless her :heartpump: I must be rubbing off on her though with her choices?? Not sure if that is a good or bad thing tho :confused:

So, Here is my food diary for today, Was a bit naughty with my pudding but I was soooo hungry. I think it`s hormones to some degree too :eek:

Breakfast -

Chocolate Tetra Brik
Sauce plate full of Florette Salad
(she had put the salad on the plate, then placed my tetra on top in the middle :heartpump:
Me being the piggy I am, Also added 1 slice of GF multiseeded bread without any marg etc and 1 Tesco Light Choices Chocolate Mousse :eek:

---

Lunch -

1 Braeburn Apple
2 slices of GF multiseeded bread without marg etc and 1 tin of Tesco baked beans *oink*

---

Tea (after work, So about 9.30pm) -

Tesco Mushroom Stir Fry - 355g pack :eek:
Little bit of GF Worcestershire Sauce in it
1 Red Onion chopped and added to the stir fry
130g Tuna
:eek::eek: THREE Tesco Light Choices Chocolate Mousses :eek::eek:

Total cals - 1,402 , Carbs - 198, Fat - 22, Protein - 94

Only had 1L of water :( 1 mug of Green Tea with Mint, 2 mugs of coffee, With milk & 2 small sugars

I am going to get a shock when I go to RC and get those portion control pots lol I KNOW I am eating way too big portions :(

Xxx

Awwwwwww salad with a tetra on top :) A budding Jamie Oliver methinks.

1400 calories sounds pretty ok to me Lisa. The beauty is that you can juggle things around today to compensate if you are worried, so that both days balance out to 1200?

I hope you have a good day today and well done for making a decision that feels right for you. x

SS, just to say your kids have such beautiful names!

Have a great day and so glad you've sorted things out with CDC, onwards and upwards now!

xxx

Hi Lise,

I changed my avatar in honor of your THREE chocolate mousses! (Or is it chocolate mice?) I am only havin one ice cream sundae in that photo!
:17729:

You are correct... the portion pots are going SHOCK you. Someone told me at RC the tiny (microscopically tiny) hole that use to measure a portion of uncooked spaghetti equals 52 pieces on spaghetti! :argh:

RC has 5% fat cheese -- I am going to get some next week and give it a try with my cheese fiend friend. :rolleyes:

Enjoy your extra time with your little one... I kind of enjoyed having my DD home (esp. once she was feeling better).

Fingers crossed that something better surfaces on the J-O-B front. :cross:

MinnieMel

Awwwwwww salad with a tetra on top :) A budding Jamie Oliver methinks.

1400 calories sounds pretty ok to me Lisa. The beauty is that you can juggle things around today to compensate if you are worried, so that both days balance out to 1200?

I hope you have a good day today and well done for making a decision that feels right for you. x

Heheh this morning I was greeted with another saucer of salad with a choc mousse on top! Bless my bubba :heartpump:

Re cals etc, I use myfitnesspal and for my current height and weight, to lose weight, I am allowed 1,410 cals, 194 carbs, 47 fat and 53 protein a day. So I was actually under (ONLY JUST!) tho I was over slightly on my carbs and way over on my protein :rolleyes::sigh:

I do think I need less than this though as I have a rubbish body :( I need less than a "normal" person does because of this :(

I`m starving again today :rolleyes::sigh: Dunno what`s up with me!

Hope ur having a good day so far and that ur throat is feeling better Xxx

SS, just to say your kids have such beautiful names!

Have a great day and so glad you've sorted things out with CDC, onwards and upwards now!

xxx

Thanks hun x I have four mini beasts, James, Harley, Marshall & Takara :D

Takara is Japanese and means precious/treasure :) She is my miracle baby as I was told I couldn`t have any more (there is 10 yrs between her and Marshall) then she more or less saved my life when I was pg as I think if I wasn`t pg at the time, I would have died. It was a bumpy road for both of us, But we survived :D

My CDC is really lovely, I`m going to miss going for our chats. We used to spend up to an hour sometimes just waffling :eek: I have her on FB though, So we can keep in touch that way :D

Hope you`re having a good day Xxx

194 of carbs would have me feeling lethargic, bloated and very very hungry for more :D Carbs are definitely my downfall.

Hope you can get through the day without any hiccups SS xx

Hi Lise,

I changed my avatar in honor of your THREE chocolate mousses! (Or is it chocolate mice?) I am only havin one ice cream sundae in that photo!
:17729:

You are correct... the portion pots are going SHOCK you. Someone told me at RC the tiny (microscopically tiny) hole that use to measure a portion of uncooked spaghetti equals 52 pieces on spaghetti! :argh:

RC has 5% fat cheese -- I am going to get some next week and give it a try with my cheese fiend friend. :rolleyes:

Enjoy your extra time with your little one... I kind of enjoyed having my DD home (esp. once she was feeling better).

Fingers crossed that something better surfaces on the J-O-B front. :cross:

MinnieMel

I`d KILL for a bit of your ice cream sundae!!! YUMMO!!!

Luckily, I don`t tend to eat much gf pasta etc, But I still think it`s going to be a shock to the system. My hubbie is expanding as I`m shrinking, So I will be making use of them for him! I think he`ll feel like this throat has been cut lmao

You`ll have to let me know what her cheese is like. Are you able to buy the food products at the classes? Or an you only order them online?

I have 3 of them home today, Though I suspect that two of them are just being lazy moomins and cba to go to school/college :rolleyes::p

Hope ur day is going well Xxx

Back