Tales from the scales: do yours ever lie to you?

Akri

Afternoon all, how we all doing today?

So, today is day 5 (again) for me, weigh-in on tuesday and in light of the fact that ive had 2weeks off nursing a broken heart (not mine) i kinda cheated today and jumped om the scales to see how much of a disapointment i was in for.
Keep in mind i did finish the weeks worth i had so i guess its really only been a week i had off completely.

Anyway, so last time i was weighed i came in at about 288.something.
Today, apparently i am between 274 and 276. My scales (salter electric) have been known to lie, so i weighed myself 4 times to be sure and it never went higher than 276.
Cant quite believe it as i wasn't exactly...frugal in my food choices when i was eating and ive done diddly squat exercise.

So, we'll assume for now that im being viciously lied to. What are YOUR 'Tales from the Scales'?

i weighed myself 5 times this morning and the scales just couldnt decide between 14 st 11.5lb and 14st 13lb. as 14st 13lb came out 3 times i decided to suck itup and live ith the higher figure.....still, it is 1lb less than yesterday ;)

I dont have scales at home, so I only get weighed at the pharmacy, I always feel a bit sick when I first stand on them incase I havent lost anything. Then Im really happy when I do. I think if i had scales at home I would be on and off them every two mins and drive myself crazy lol :p

What is the best to use on the scale? Kg or pounds? I know my chemist weight me in KG last week when i started and even tho I haven't been very well and only had 2shakes and some light meals I lost some weight (not as much as it could have been tho)
I actually quite like the shakes

Daisy1966 said:
I dont have scales at home, so I only get weighed at the pharmacy, I always feel a bit sick when I first stand on them incase I havent lost anything. Then Im really happy when I do. I think if i had scales at home I would be on and off them every two mins and drive myself crazy lol :p

i need them for motivation, especially as its my first week. i think if i hadnt been able to stand on them every morning and actually see the pounds falling off i would have given up - its my morning motivation to get me through the day lol!

Kimmey said:
What is the best to use on the scale? Kg or pounds? I know my chemist weight me in KG last week when i started and even tho I haven't been very well and only had 2shakes and some light meals I lost some weight (not as much as it could have been tho)
I actually quite like the shakes

its whatever works best for you hun. personally my brain cant cope with kg when it comes to my weight, i understand lbs and stones and also a lb weighs less than a kg so you start seeing the numbers falloff quicker which persnally motivates me more!!!

I too prefer lbs to Kgs. I have my scales in lbs only because it shows every little bit of weight loss that way.

My chemist uses KG but never had much time for them myself as i instantly convert it to pounds in my head. Im stubborn that way, i know what i need ro lose in pounds and refuse to come up with that number in KG lol!

Plus, lbs shift easier than KGs lol!!!

I think what ill do is weigh myself tomorrow morning before going to the chemist. That way at least ill know how off (if at all) my scales are. To live in fantasy world, they're not off at all and i really have lost another 10lbs despite the week slip up. Hmmm lalalala and money grows on trees and every country has just discovered the cure to famine, disease and poverty. What a nice world, think ill stay here for a while!

Back