Talk to me about Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon....

katalena

Enjoying life!
I have heard alot of people talk about this...is this the one you use instead of the savoury drinks?

Do you use it as stock too?

Any hints, tips would be welcomed.

Thanks

Kat xx

I remember comparing the ingredients and nutritional info on the tub and on the sachets and they were exactly the same. My LLC at the time said it would be fine to have as long as you stuck to no more than 10g per day. During RTM I used it for 'fying', you just mix some with a bit of water and fry your items in it. And you can use it as a stock base too. It is quite nice.

i drink it - 1tsp in a cup of just boiled water.

have used it as stock for years as i am veggie.

can get low salt version - purple lid

daisy x

I knew about it through abstinence but didn't use it. I have used it before for soups as my Dad uses it alot for cooking.

I bought some today, couldn't get the low salt one anywhere!

Daisy can I drink it whilst on RTM?

Kat xx

yes i assume so - i drank it all the way through abstinence
holland and barrett do the low salt one
x

Do you think the ordinary one is too high in salt?

Kat xx

hehe, reason I am giggling, is so many of us used Marigold all the way through Abstinance - usually sto stave off any "hunger" or to span the gap between meals....was a real life saver.

And bless you - you go all the way thru, get to RTM and then want to use it!!! :D :D :) Thats funny, in a really cute way!!! :)

You can use it in RTM. In abs we shouldnt have had more then 2 a day, so I would say that 2 drinks a day are fine, using to to cooke with is fine too. Ask your LLC, but it may be unlimited? I can't remember??

I used the full salt version, with no problem. I like salt - always have - and don;t have never experienced any adverse reactions to it. Even my doctor once said keep using it, if it doesnt affect me. So I am used to it.

Don;t worry about it - either one will be fine.

Krazy Kat. lol. You have made my night!! :D:)

I thought about using it so many times and just never did!

I only ever bought one pack of the savoury drinks, I did enjoy them, the time just seemed to fly by and I forgot about them!

I will look forward to having it - I may even have a hot cup before I go to bed tonight to warm me cockles! lol

Kat xx

hehe, reason I am giggling, is so many of us used Marigold all the way through Abstinance - usually sto stave off any "hunger" or to span the gap between meals....was a real life saver.

And bless you - you go all the way thru, get to RTM and then want to use it!!! :D :D :) Thats funny, in a really cute way!!! :)

You can use it in RTM. In abs we shouldnt have had more then 2 a day, so I would say that 2 drinks a day are fine, using to to cooke with is fine too. Ask your LLC, but it may be unlimited? I can't remember??

I used the full salt version, with no problem. I like sale - always have - and don;t have any adverse affects to it, and even my doctor said keep using it, if it doesnt affect me. So I am used to it.

Don;t worry about it - either one will be fine.

Krazy Kat. lol. You have made my night!! :)

i always use the full salt version.
i found it helped when i felt dizzy

bit late for you tho now, lol
daisy x

I bought the savoury sachets on week 1 then came on here and found out about the Marigold.

I bought the full salt one as the ingredients were the same and I asked BL weeks ago how much i should use ~ it's lovely.
It really helped me in my first weeks when my body was adjusting, and it's true, it makes you feel as if you are having an extra pack. :p

I have started using it in soups for OH too. xx :)

lol yeah! how funny. I am a donut!

I enjoyed a cup before bed last night though :)

Thanks Daisy.

Kat xx

i always use the full salt version.
i found it helped when i felt dizzy

bit late for you tho now, lol
daisy x

i'm glad you brought this up Kat, i had seen a few posts about it but wasn't sure...great if i can have it on abstinence, saves me forking out for savoury drink as i've already got some in the cupboard:D

I thought the full salt version was revolting; it had a nasty after-taste as well as being far too salty. I've bought the low salt version but I haven't tried it yet.

Back