Talking trash!

gil7044

I'm sure we've all had friends and family say crazy things about dieting and I wanted to share a comment I got yesterday. Something silly really but it sure has made me determined to get myself back on the straight and narrow.

My mate is overweight and like me has tried many times to kickstart a loss and failed, we even joined LL together a couple of years back in a bid to support each other. I texted him yesterday to say I'd had an awful week and he replied "...it's just not meant to be, we are who we are, end of...!"

As I said, a silly wee thing, but I don't agree. Yeah I'm overweight, but thats who I am at the moment, not who I will be in future. We are who we want to be, and will be!

I agree I am not defined by my weight and will not be! But I think it just proves how much effort mentally goes into losing the weight, it is not easy and you have to want it! I guess your friend is not in that frame of mind!

It annoys me when people make comments like that, I've had that before from a really close friend. Came to the conclusion they're only jealous cos they wouldn't have the same determination about it! We can prove everyone wrong (even tho we shouldn't need to) xxx

Back