Talking while eating - a new discovery for me!

CoCoMo

I know that Dr D says we should savour every mouthful and eat slowly, but I accidentally discovered today that chatting lots during my meal works just as well!
I went for lunch today with a friend of mine that I know professionally, we ate at Jamie's on Canary Wharf. I chose the chicken and spring greens, and a diet coke.
I haven't seen my friend for a long time and we ended up taking more than an hour to eat, and by the time I had gossiped and chatted for such a long time between odd mouthfuls, I wasn't hungry and didn't finish my meal!
So, instead of eating slowly at my desk, I am going to try and eat with colleagues and see if it makes a difference to my eating habits.
Wondered if anyone else had found the same?
Happy Monday everyone!

Interesting... I've now taken to eating with people in the main kitchen at lunchtime due to an office move and it's definitely more sociable! It possibly also will help "secret eaters" to eat in public. In fact, one of my "rules" to myself over the next few days' holiday, out of ketosis, is to only eat in company. One tends to be far more restrained in public off diet!!
x

I like the idea of only eating in company - I would be taking lots of picnics to the park for breakfast and lunch which would up my exercise - but I don't think I could stick to it!

Ate lunch two days in a row standing up while at a conference, chuntering away in a group of people. Had to eat green beans and salad (because there was no Dukan-friendly protein option!!) but the chatter did help me feel fuller and more "sated".
Dukan picnic would be a great idea!!!!!! But it was "hossing it doon" in London at lunchtime today :rolleyes:

Back