Target - How did you set yours??

I am so glad that other people think the weight they 'should' be according to bmi range is as crazy as I do. I do a lot of sport and despite the fact its got a fair layer of fat round it am quite musuclar. My ideal weight should be 7stone something! As if!!!I think I would look like a child at that weight.
I also know fitness instructors who have no fat on them, who are ripped and seriously fit who are classed as over wieght by doctors.

binibecca said:
I am so glad that other people think the weight they 'should' be according to bmi range is as crazy as I do. I do a lot of sport and despite the fact its got a fair layer of fat round it am quite musuclar. My ideal weight should be 7stone something! As if!!!I think I would look like a child at that weight.
I also know fitness instructors who have no fat on them, who are ripped and seriously fit who are classed as over wieght by doctors.

I will always be classed as 'overweight' because I have no desire whatsoever to have a body like a child, I think I would be horrendous looking at 7+ stone, I want my curves, I want my boobs etc so I will be happy between 9 1/2 & 10 stone and don't care what the bmi chart or my doctor says!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi all, just wanted to ask something regarding target weight. I went to my first class on saturday & I did my first weigh in. The consultant asked me if I wanted to set a target but I wasn't sure what she meant. My small target for the week or my big target?

Hi all, just wanted to ask something regarding target weight. I went to my first class on saturday & I did my first weigh in. The consultant asked me if I wanted to set a target but I wasn't sure what she meant. My small target for the week or my big target?

She probably means what you want your end target to be so that once you've reached it you become a 'target member' and get to stay at slimming world for free!!!

x

Lucylu79 said:
She probably means what you want your end target to be so that once you've reached it you become a 'target member' and get to stay at slimming world for free!!!

x

Lucylu79,
Thanks for that, but how am I supposed to know my final target weight. I've never been below 15st12 in my adult life, which is still obese for my height 5'6? This is the first time i'm following any kind of eating plan so I'm not sure what target to set? Is there a rule of thumb ? Can you readjust your target? Or do they readjust your target once you get to the target you set yourself?
Sorry for all the questions and thanks for all your help :)

Lucylu79,
Thanks for that, but how am I supposed to know my final target weight. I've never been below 15st12 in my adult life, which is still obese for my height 5'6? This is the first time i'm following any kind of eating plan so I'm not sure what target to set? Is there a rule of thumb ? Can you readjust your target? Or do they readjust your target once you get to the target you set yourself?
Sorry for all the questions and thanks for all your help :)

Yup, i've been going for about 15 weeks and still I haven't set my target as such. I think i'm going to buy a 6 week countdown on wed's weigh in and set a mini target for the end of that and then review it and see where i'm at.

Like the op has said just explain your not ready to set any targets yet, just see how your getting on and you'll set it when your ready.

Good Luck!!!!!

xx

Lucylu79 said:
Yup, i've been going for about 15 weeks and still I haven't set my target as such. I think i'm going to buy a 6 week countdown on wed's weigh in and set a mini target for the end of that and then review it and see where i'm at.

Like the op has said just explain your not ready to set any targets yet, just see how your getting on and you'll set it when your ready.

Good Luck!!!!!

xx

Thanks for the advice lentil 2 & lucylu79. That makes me feel a little better.

Just be aware ladies that once your final PAT is set on the computer it can only be adjusted by 7lbs. I set mine at 10st 10lb but once I got there I wasnt happy with it, still had a muffin top. I have gone down further to 10st 7lbs and feel that is where I should have set my target. I am now in a situation where I only feel comfy at the lowest number within the target level if you know what I mean.If I had reset my target it would have had to be 10st 3lbs and that is too low. You really need to think carefully about this but you can go 3lbs above target and 3lbs below to have free membership.

Just be aware ladies that once your final PAT is set on the computer it can only be adjusted by 7lbs. I set mine at 10st 10lb but once I got there I wasnt happy with it, still had a muffin top. I have gone down further to 10st 7lbs and feel that is where I should have set my target. I am now in a situation where I only feel comfy at the lowest number within the target level if you know what I mean.If I had reset my target it would have had to be 10st 3lbs and that is too low. You really need to think carefully about this but you can go 3lbs above target and 3lbs below to have free membership.

I was in the same situation but the other way round. I had set my target at 10st 7 but my body wouldnt let me get there and i could only manage 10st 10 as my lowest. I discussed it with my C and they agreed to move my target to 10st 10.

Its worth talking to them if your not happy with your current target even if it is 'against the rules'

xx

I'd like to get to 9 stone again, however this is the lower level for my BMI, I know that I will be a size 12 at that weight. However my husband would prefer I didn't go below a size 16! We'll see when I get there!

I'm really confused... I've got to the point now having lost 22lbs that I'd like to set a target but do I need to speak to my consultant first? I'm not a massively obese person and never was when I was 22lbs heavier but I'd like to set my target so I have something now to aim for, something that I know is healthy for me and obviously so I can weigh in weekly without having to keep buying countdowns ;) xxx

I was in the same situation but the other way round. I had set my target at 10st 7 but my body wouldnt let me get there and i could only manage 10st 10 as my lowest. I discussed it with my C and they agreed to move my target to 10st 10.

Its worth talking to them if your not happy with your current target even if it is 'against the rules'

xx
Oh thanks for that. I may well do that when I come back off my hols. I know I will put weight on then (well a week AI to Turkey hey)! I was thinking do I have to get myself up to 11st then rejoin to then re set at 10st 7lb, but really dont want to have to put so much weight on. It was such a slog getting it off. Many thanks for your useful post, and isnt it funny our number were the same in a different way!

Especially as i've never reached it??

Did you go by bmi??

I'd like to set one next week and buy a countdown to help towards my goal time but i'm not sure where to start?

My first was to be exactly 25 BMI (11st 4lb) having reached that I felt 10st 12lb was attainable - but now i'm in and out of target range.

Once stable, my 3rd target will be 10st 5lb. This will mean 101lb loss and 5st of those since joining SW - a little selfish, but important enough for me :)

Nothing wrong with a landmark and 5st shiney - oh and 30% bodyweight loss.:cool:

I've set mine at 10st, I'm 5ft tall and this is the lowest weight I can go and still look healthy and maintain curves. Apparently for my height I should be 7st 4lbs...my bones weigh more than that!!! X

I'm really confused... I've got to the point now having lost 22lbs that I'd like to set a target but do I need to speak to my consultant first? I'm not a massively obese person and never was when I was 22lbs heavier but I'd like to set my target so I have something now to aim for, something that I know is healthy for me and obviously so I can weigh in weekly without having to keep buying countdowns ;) xxx

I am really wondering what to do about target as well and you and I are quite similar, I am 5'9 and started at 13st7.5 and am now 11st7 at last weigh in, since about May I've just been rattling around the 11st7 mark, a few pounds above or a few below, never less than 11st3 and I'm not sure what to do.

I used to think my target was 10st but at present I'm a size 12, I've got a completely healthy BMI and I'm not sure what to do. I think I'd like to maybe try to get to 10st7 and see what I look like, but I'm just not sure. I was thinking of just becoming a target member and just working on toning up, doing plenty of exercise but I'm really not sure.

I think I'd look odd at 10st, but I don't know if that's just because I've been overweight all my life and the idea of actually being properly slim is just something I can't quite handle. Argh! Should probably have a chat with my C and tell her all my concerns.

I set mine as 12 stone - for my height I 'should' be around 9 stone but the lowest I can ever remember myself being as an adult was 12 stone and I was happy.

If I get there and feel like I CAN stay on plan and lose more i'll be delighted and move my target more towards my BMI for my height.

For now though - considering I started off at 19 stone 4 I'd just be happy with 12 stone and back to my size 14 figure

x

Back