Taster day?

one person brought some superspeed soup to ours, but as most of the offerings were meaty I avoided it because I know more than a couple of the members are vegetarians and I didn't want to deprive them.

one person brought some superspeed soup to ours, but as most of the offerings were meaty I avoided it because I know more than a couple of the members are vegetarians and I didn't want to deprive them.

yeah we have a couple of veggies at our group- they didnt have much at the xmas "party".

i'll make something nice and veggie for them :D

Our C mentioned a party day next week, but as it's at 5pm and I come straight from work am unsure if I can bring owt. Hmmm. At Xmas people brought chocolate cake, chocolate fingers, cocktail sausages... I porobably ate worse food at the xmas 'party' than i did at any other time over xmas haha!

Our C mentioned a party day next week, but as it's at 5pm and I come straight from work am unsure if I can bring owt. Hmmm. At Xmas people brought chocolate cake, chocolate fingers, cocktail sausages... I porobably ate worse food at the xmas 'party' than i did at any other time over xmas haha!

please tell me you mean that people brought sw friendly equivalents?

Dunno, i didn't eat the cake, nor the mini rolls, nor the jaffa cakes; cadbury's chocolate fingers and co-op cocktail sausages did pass my lips however. Lots of fruit too, but I think everyone just had sweet teeth!

Dunno, i didn't eat the cake, nor the mini rolls, nor the jaffa cakes; cadbury's chocolate fingers and co-op cocktail sausages did pass my lips however. Lots of fruit too, but I think everyone just had sweet teeth!

that has really shocked me- I would have kicked off at my C- seriously.

All our stuff was either syn free or very low syn- i think the highest syn value was the pastry thing and even that worked out at 1 syn per portion!!

Our C mentioned a party day next week, but as it's at 5pm and I come straight from work am unsure if I can bring owt. Hmmm.

You could always take some diet Coke or similar drinks. :)

You could always take some diet Coke or similar drinks. :)

yeah thats what my C said- if you were in a rush but wanted to bring something- then get a bottle of diet coke or summat.

she did emphasise though that it's not a requirement-she'd rather we be there with no food than people feel obliged or uncomfortable!

My c provides the drinks each time, she also would prefer we turned up rather than didn't come for that reason, I might see I'd I can prepare summat in advance tho, if its portable on the bus to group :)

Mine is on Tuesday. I go straight from work though so have to think practical of what will be ok after sitting in the office all day! Maybe ferrero rocher scan bran thingys :)

xJoanneJJx said:
Mine is on Tuesday. I go straight from work though so have to think practical of what will be ok after sitting in the office all day! Maybe ferrero rocher scan bran thingys :)

I made those once, never again! Such a faff,messy and were not that nice x

I made those once, never again! Such a faff,messy and were not that nice x

Really?! I think they're so easy and yummy haha! x

Bunny, was it you had the recipe for the Falafel please, I know i saw it somewhere but not sure where, thanks, Shirl x

Thought I would resurrect this thread. There is a taster session at class next week and I was thinking of taking in some cajun salmon and tandoori salmon as both are very nice hot or cold (as they will be cold at class) and maybe something some people might not have thought of trying. But I'd quite like to take something vegetarian as well in case there are any veggies there, or it could work as a side dish for the salmon but I'm a bit stuck on ideas for this veggie dish. Don't want to just pack a boring salad... any ideas?

Last edited:
Veg pakoras, easy and cheap, nice cold. Recipe on slimming word recipes, probably on here if google x

Back