Taster night

Busy_mam

ok this week is taster night and as its only my second week I want to take sometning nice along.

It needs to be easy to make as my daughter has rainbows 5-6 hubby will not be home till 6.30 and sw starts at 6.45pm.

It also needs to be veggie some one mentioned quark and options?

Any help appreciated thanks.

Manda

We've just had taster week and I'd only just started so I didn't know to bring anything. When is yours? Could you make something in the next couple of days?

You could always make a syn free quiche. Mix eggs and vlf cottage cheese together, add chopped mushrooms, sweetcorn, peppers and other veggie things that you fancy. I add mixed herbs too. Put in an oven proof bowl and cook in preheated oven until risen and golden brown...fool proof and delicious.

HTH!

Ooh yes, sounds good. Or a potato salad? That's quick and easy and really low in syns. If you want to go a step further the potato curry in the 100 green recipes book is really good and syn free but you obviously need an hour to make it at some point (you could always reheat it on the day?).

I think the easiest thing to make is the sw chocolate cake/brownie mix. I use allbran instead of scanbran, you could cut it up into very small squares for the tasting. it only takes 6 mins in microwave,what could be easier.

I think the easiest thing to make is the sw chocolate cake/brownie mix. I use allbran instead of scanbran, you could cut it up into very small squares for the tasting. it only takes 6 mins in microwave,what could be easier.

Wow! Could I have the recipe and syns value please? I need something that I can have as a sweet snack and this sounds idea.

*_Brownies_
9 syns whole mix or 1 HEB + 6.5 syns*
5 x scan bran = 2.5 syns or 1 HEB*
1 TBSP syrup = 2 syns
1 oz cocoa powder = 4.5 syns
2 eggs
1 cup canderel or other sweetner

1. Soften scan bran with warm water
2. Combine all ingredients, put in microwavable container sprayed with frylight.
3. cook 4-5 minutes.
4. cool or eat hot with muller light yoghurt.

I swap 42 grms allbran for the scanbran 1 HEX or 6syns, cut into small chunks and keep in fridge, really great choc fix, you can also use less syrup to cut down on syns

Fantastic, thank you so much. Will give those a go.

I see Scan Bran pop up on here all the time - what are they???

They are crispbread that you buy at SW meetings or healthshops,taste like carpet tiles !!!!

Nice!!! lol. All bran it is then!

I was also going to suggest quiche like Mrs V.
I am having my taster day on the 15th and have already decided to do the quiche!

I make mine like Mrs V but use quark instead of the cottage cheese. I sometimes also add lean bacon or ham and it is so yummy! (I do EE so it's free)
I have taken it to work before and everyone loves it. They don't believe it's "slimming food"!

Thanks two of the ladies are doing quiche one with quark one with cottage cheese, I might have a browse of the recipe section, I need something very quick to make as I'm out all day tomorow.

I had a buffet night last week and i took Eton mess, i did it with meringue nests that are 3 syns each but ive now found out that sugar free meringue nests are free.

i just chopped some strawberrys, added fat free fromage frais, crumble the nests in maybe 3/4 is theres alot of people, i then added some blueberrys and mix it together stick the fridge and its a lovely treat! x

Those Eton mess sound lovely!
We have a taster night tomorrow night (it's our second week too) and I'm making quiche.

Back