Tasting food

Jenny_b

Gold Member
hi, was wondering if any1 else tastes the food they are cooking.
i have 2 daughters and hubby that i cook for everyday. im usually cooking when hubby isnt home yet so have to try the food as cant ask my 3 and 5 yr olds.
sounds discusting but i taste/chew it and spit it out. it hasnt done any harm to me as ive lost 19lbs in 2 weeks.

probably shouldnt be doing this but dont really have a choice and really enjoy tasting the yummy food. lol.
is it just me that does this?

also when cooking something i really love i freeze a portion for myself so when i come off LP i have loads of meals already made for me.

x x

LOL! No, I avoided it like the plague because my losses were already slow I didn't want to risk anything scuppering my efforts.
The stuff I cooked didn't really need tasting anyway?

Hi Irish Mum,

I think maybe no testing just in case, you are doing so well xxx
Thanks Waterlily. I didn't while on LT - I didn't dare! LOL!
I've been maintaining for about 3mths now, but return to tfr next Friday, so will be trying to avoid temptation from then again!

hmmmm i dont think you should do this jenny - although if you have done this from the start how do you know it hasnt affected your losses?

I've a question though .... why do you have to taste the food before giving it to your children??

Definately no tasting, wouldnt dare. I think I have fed my toddler undercooked pasta a couple of times this week. I seem to be obssessing about food though- cant stop cooking lovely dishes that I would love to eat but cant! Anyway the weekend is here and my fiance can take over cooking for the weekend

i dont think its done anything cuz ive lost quite abit of weight. more than i hoped for.
dont have to taste all the food but when im making things like curry/spag bowl or my own sauces need to taste it to make sure it doesnt need anything else and not to hot for girls.
well wi is on monday so from then i wont taste anything for a week and see if it makes a difference to my losses. will make food that doesnt require any spices etc and see how i get on.
dont think its doing any harm though as im not actually swollowing anything.

x x

hi, was wondering if any1 else tastes the food they are cooking.
i have 2 daughters and hubby that i cook for everyday. im usually cooking when hubby isnt home yet so have to try the food as cant ask my 3 and 5 yr olds.
sounds discusting but i taste/chew it and spit it out. it hasnt done any harm to me as ive lost 19lbs in 2 weeks.

probably shouldnt be doing this but dont really have a choice and really enjoy tasting the yummy food. lol.
is it just me that does this?

also when cooking something i really love i freeze a portion for myself so when i come off LP i have loads of meals already made for me.

x x

Hey,

Im a chef, and cook for a living. I havent tasted any of my food for 6 weeks. I came on here and asked advice, and the general response was to avoid even tasting, whcih I have done.
If its not affecting your losses, then Id carry on.
Im glad I havent, as my losses arent very big :(

i dont think its done anything cuz ive lost quite abit of weight. more than i hoped for.
dont have to taste all the food but when im making things like curry/spag bowl or my own sauces need to taste it to make sure it doesnt need anything else and not to hot for girls.
well wi is on monday so from then i wont taste anything for a week and see if it makes a difference to my losses. will make food that doesnt require any spices etc and see how i get on.
dont think its doing any harm though as im not actually swollowing anything.

x x

Jenny,

I thought that tasting food was a bad idea, as you aren't allowed to chew gum or to use certain mouthwashes.
On the other hand, your losses have been great, so it cannot be doing you too much harm?

Clair x

I'd steer clear, as others say, "just in case" - but then, on the other hand you are losing well... you obviously live life more dangerously than me jenny ;) lol

and good idea about freezing a portion for yourself :)

hi

Hi Jenny,

I think your brave tasting, I'd swallow and that would be that.......

You are teasing yourself... it must be mental torture...... :O)

You've clearly done well so far, so it looks like it's not doing you too much damage! But I really don't think it's a good idea just in case it could knock you out of ketosis, also, I think for me personally I'd find it a lot harder than completely steering clear of having food in my mouth! Luckily I don't have to really be around food unless I choose to be though...

Trying not doing it for a week sounds like a good idea though, good luck :)

Hannah

I'd love a definitive answer to that one too. Obviously, you are losing well so , Jenny, don't think it doing you any harm. I think the real downside is the temptation to have more than a sip or a little bite rather than such a small amount knocking you out of ketosis. Just be careful, don't get overconfident that you won't be tempted to gorge.

Hi Jenny, your losses have been fab, so tasting the food hasn't done you any harm. You are very lucky.

I cook every day for my family but I don't taste a thing. My family are very honest and if something is horrible they're very quick in telling me! I got myself into the habit of not tasting, picking or licking as I want this to continue forever, as I know that was my problem. I'm a licker, picker!

Back