Tasting food?

Tammy-marie

Is it ok to taste food but not actually eat it?
Is it bad if you chew it then spit it out??

I haven't done this yet but I'm curious incase I do ever get desperate for the taste of something.

Having said that....I'm not sure if I could spit it out!!

Has anyone done this? x

I just wouldn't even bother.. don't see the point? Lol!
If you want to chew something have a bar, and if you need to eat, go on SS+ :)

I was just thinking that if you were really craving something then maybe it would be better to chew it for the taste and then spit it out rater than blowing the diet and eating it.

I know that my sister in law was on the CD and when she was cooking something that she really liked for her daughter she couldn't resist and started to eat it, but she spat it out again because she didn't want to ruin her diet.

Surely that's better than actually eating?
Or do you still absorb the bad stuff??

I'm sure you'd still absorb something, but this diet is really a journey & about changing your habits & beating the cravings, besides cravings eventually go away anyway, they have for me. So i just think chewing food & spitting it out is a bit pointless. Get the cambridge bars and have one of them to chew & swallow, at least those are allowed & you won't have to feel bad for spitting foods out.

Dont do it, if you really think about it thag is 1 small step from a bulimic mindset, part if the reason for losing weiggt is for your health and this is not a healthy thing to do mentally. sorry if i sound preachy but even though this is a short term diet plan in the long run a day off or meal off plan is mentally healthier and stops you from.heading down a worrying path

Yeah I guess your right!

I haven't even felt like eating anything yet but since talking to my sister in law she made me question if it counted.

I don't think I could personally do it....I would have to eat it!! although my CDC has told me that some people do.

I just had a nibble of my boyfriends chicken, feel quite bad but sorted out and back on the wagon. Trying to keep perspective which is what i meant about tastimg food. Telling myself its only protein and chalking it up to experience, not been hungry not partivularly wanted food but hes an awesome cook it smelt amazing. Ah well better from here on in.

What about when your cooking for others?
I made macaroni cheese for my kids last night but I didn't have a clue if it tasted ok because I was too scared to even taste it! Would it knock me out of ketosis if I tasted the tiniest bit??

I cook for my partner every day and i have done for the complete 15 weeks i've been on this diet & never felt the need to taste it lol. Its just not worth it. Tasting macaroni cheese would most probably take you out of ketosis, just be strict with your body & say no to temptations. Its just pointless otherwise lol.

agree with what most people have said, i couldnt eat now and im only 4 weeks in!! if i tasted it, id eat it and its not worth it
the way i see it is, food is always going to be there at the end of the journey, by which time you'll know what to eat, portion sizes and control!!

I have done it so I understand why people feel the need but I know when I do do it it's never just once. I find my self keep going back to it. Its not a great idea because you are bound to swallow some and probably absorb some sugar and what not. I don't think it would be enough to knock you out of ketosis, well it never has for me so I guess if you need the flavour and can resist going back for more and not swallowing the whole lot then go for it lol! Xxx

I have done it so I understand why people feel the need but I know when I do do it it's never just once. I find my self keep going back to it. Its not a great idea because you are bound to swallow some and probably absorb some sugar and what not. I don't think it would be enough to knock you out of ketosis, well it never has for me so I guess if you need the flavour and can resist going back for more and not swallowing the whole lot then go for it lol! Xxx

I have to confess I have actually done this before but only a couple of times loooool. Didnt really give it much thought though after :)

Back