Tasty, refreshing water alternatives from the U.S.A.!

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
One good thing I discovered in the America ( apart from naughty Key lime pie ;)) was these little sachets you pop in a 500ml bottle of water which Ive checked and are syn free.
I was picking up the box of 8 sachets for $1 there and they made a lovely tasty drink - pink lemonade is particularly refreshing.
Ive brought lots back with me and have checked on ebay where there are lots of people selling them internationally.
Worth a look if you are struggling to drink plenty in the heat here too x x
heres the link to some on ebay

Wylers / Hawaiian Punch SugarFree "On the Go" Drink Mix on eBay (end time 28-Jul-10 04:17:22 BST)

When I clicked on this thread, I thought it would be more Coors Light :D

Very interesting tip, Jen, thanks a lot ;)

Awwww sadly not scanbran - these are lovely though, peach iced tea is a very nice one too x

crystal light is good too, that comes in sachets. I get mine sent to me, but there is a website that sells them here too.

Ooh these look ace, I might ask my friend to bring some from the US so I don't have to pay for shipping!

Oh i definately would!!
Im gonna have to beg my cousin who lives in Colorado to send me more!!!!

One good thing I discovered in the America ( apart from naughty Key lime pie ;)) was these little sachets you pop in a 500ml bottle of water which Ive checked and are syn free.
I was picking up the box of 8 sachets for $1 there and they made a lovely tasty drink - pink lemonade is particularly refreshing.
Ive brought lots back with me and have checked on ebay where there are lots of people selling them internationally.

Wylers / Hawaiian Punch SugarFree "On the Go" Drink Mix on eBay (end time 28-Jul-10 04:17:22 BST)

I get those kind of drinks, as they don't do squash here, they just do those little sachets, or frozen cans, which you mix up with water.

However I have started drinking more water instead now, as I am trying to avoid having too much artificial sweeteners in my diet.

Did you pick up any other stuff? ;)

I had some lovely key lime flavour non fat yoghurts - wal marts own range and of course Pocky sticks!

I love pocky sticks ;), white covered ones are my fav.

The 100 calorie, microwave popcorn packs are good too. You get about 6.5 cups of popcorn out of them for 5 syns :). Actually they do quite a good selection of 100 calorie packs.

I have a complete addiction to Crystal Light! It is so lovely and refreshing and hits the spot when you dont want water and nor do you want fizzy drinks.

I would really recommend trying them!

Walmart also do their own range of these under their great value section. the cherry lime is to die for so is the Raspberry Ice.... both walmat and crystal light so large packs so you can make jugs of it... add fruit and ice to the fruit punch and you have an instant cocktail ..without the booze

Someone here recommended another drink which was a powder in a sachet to mix with water. It was a while back, and I ordered a mixed box from an excellent mail order company, and most of the flavours were really nice - and now I can't find the details anywhere!!

Can anyone remember what they were called?

Last edited:
Well here is another one who is going to be asking her American friends to get some in the post.........post haste one might say......

Thanks for the info moomintrolljen.

xxxx

p.s. I love anything raspberry did you try that one.??

Yeah the cool raspberry is lovely!!!

Yipeeeeeeeeee. Mine is on it's way. My friend in Long Island has posted it today. Will tell you what I think when I try it.

Thanks for this thread moomintrolljen. Another new horizon for me !!!

My goodness.

The sachets were posted last Friday in Long Island. NY. and they have arrived here in my sleepy village already. We have to collect them from the PO tomorrow.........will report then.

I also received a parcel from Madrid today. Madrid is a 4 hour drive away. It took 12 days................

Are they nice?

Tempted to order some but quite expensive from ebay I need an american friend!! :(

X

Are they nice?

Tempted to order some but quite expensive from ebay I need an american friend!! :(

X

They are very nice.

They are a bit too sweet for me so I dilute them much more than the instructions. I use 2 sachets in a litre bottle of water with the Pink Lemonade this is perfect for me. I still have to add lemon juice to the raspberry, but they are nice and make a lovely change.

Thanks for letting me know!

Selling some stuff on ebay so might buy some when I get money in my paypal account then it feels like you're not spending real money lol!

What different flavours did you get?

X

Back