Tattoos - yes or no?

Definite NO! From me! I have one, I hate it, have hated it from the minute I got it at age 16!
Hate that my Dort has one, she regrets it too!

I'm not a fan. My fella had one with his ex's name too but it's since been covered. There's not one single place on my body I like enough to draw any more attention to it. Except my wrists and I don't want a tattoo there!

I must be super old fashioned I think on Men they are ok if they are not all over body (looks messy lol) but on women (please don't be offended this is just my opinion!) I don't like them maybe a small discreet one look pretty but I don't like these things so you look like a walking easel!! (sorry *ducks*) My hubby on the other hand loves tatoos on women.

Big yes from me,i have 5 at the minute,and getting number 6 in about 2 weeks :D as my avatar says''girls with tattoos do it better'' lol

Yes! I think you either like them or you dont. I have a small one on my left leg a small chinese symbol for personality i think thats me all over always have been a happy go lucky girl :)....and then just above my ankle on my right leg i have my nans name 'Eva 06.04.96' the date she died underneath and i then designed my own tinkerbell with coloured stars floating up which sits lovely above my nans name :).

I do strongly agree though that they shud be able to be covered up, but with tattoos becoming more and more popular i think in 50 years time the whole 'any tattoos need to be covered' in the work place may slowly become a thing of the past.

But everyone has there own opinion :) i just love how a tattoo can mean something so personal to somebody.

x

NO NO NO. I have seen dolphins grow to whales on pregnant tummies and worse! Just imagine sitting in the old peoples home with wrinkly tattoo hanging down round your ankles!
Definitely a NO.

evieshrinking said:
NO NO NO. I have seen dolphins grow to whales on pregnant tummies and worse! Just imagine sitting in the old peoples home with wrinkly tattoo hanging down round your ankles!
Definitely a NO.

This was my mums argument. At least with them being so popular now, everyone else around me will be sat there with them round their ankles too :D

I love them btw!

evieshrinking said:
Definitely a NO.

they wont be the only thing hanging round by the ankles though so nothin new at that age haha :p :)

Definitely a NO.

Well I honestly don't give a damn what people think about mine now, so I don't suppose I will give a damn what people think about them if I live to be an old woman either :8855:

Most of mine don't seem to have changed much with my size TBH - although I must admit the Pegasus on my lower abdomen does look a bit more like a Welsh Cob than a racehorse now ;) Never mind - back to his svelte self (as with the skin he is on!) soon :D

Personally I won't have them. However there are some amazing works of art being done. I do think that as you get older they look rougher around the edges too. A friend of mine is having hers redone as the ones she had in place are from her past and linked to bad memories. Also, another friend wanted to join the police force and you can't have tattoos on your lower arm (where he had them), he went through extensive and expensive treatment to have them removed and then decided that the police wasn't for him!! Everyone is different...my mum went and had 2 done 3 years ago which I was shocked over, but thats just her!!

My most recent tattoo is a hummingbird covering most of my left thigh.
For me it represents freedom and beauty.
As it's usually hidden in day-to-day life, I'm really looking forward to showing it off on holiday :)

With regards to being old with tattoos, most of mine are easily hidden so that will not be a problem. Also, I don't care what people think of my tattoos. Not now, not ever :D

Yes from me. I have been thinking of small ones to cover my Radiotherapy Dots. ;)

Chookiehen

Yes from me. I have been thinking of small ones to cover my Radiotherapy Dots. ;)

Chookiehen

A friend of mine did that too Chookie. She now has little stars and flowers over her upper abdomen (liver cancer) - it looks really beautiful and she says they allow her to think positively about her future :)

Mine all represent something to me as well - they're not just random inking.......

Mine doesn't represent a thing, it's representative of a time and a place and the people I was with.

It brings back amazing memories everytime I see it. That said, it's unlikely i'll get another one done, but i'll never regret the one i've got.

xx

Back