TBSx LL Journey...

Thanks my lovelies, it is so surreal, when I started I didnt even know if I would get past the first couple of weeks. So to have got this far and now be the size I was when I got married 22 years ago is amazing! I couldnt have got therr without the support from here and from my amazing LLC, she is brilliant! xx

Congratultions

Lovely positive post Lady T. You'll have to change that name back to TBSx orjust plain Sx.
I agree it's lovely to read the posts from people just starting out on LL or just returning and realise the fab journey they've got ahead of them.
When you started did you think you'd do so well and be someone who would inspire other people to success? Because you do.
Not only are you within touching distance of your goal now, but you have dealt with so many challenges along the way and still continued to support other people too.
Well done hun.
One of the good aspects of LL is that you don't just get to goal and the "diet" is finished.
RTM is a structured way to re-introduce food safely and to help ensure you develop a healthy relationship with eating as you do so, identifying any triggers (as if you didn't know, but sometimes there are suprises) and offering you support during the process.
Then of course, there is Maintenance which is free and ongoing and it is what has kept me on track.
I hope it will be the same for you. Sometimes it's hard, temptation is still there. At times like that you have to remember all the differences that losing the weight has made, how life was before compared with now.
I saw your posts about being lonely in your big bed. Give it time hun, love will creep up on you, just as soon as you stop looking for it.
Hope you feel better soon. Sleep well. xx

Lovely positive post Lady T. You'll have to change that name back to TBSx orjust plain Sx.
I agree it's lovely to read the posts from people just starting out on LL or just returning and realise the fab journey they've got ahead of them.
When you started did you think you'd do so well and be someone who would inspire other people to success? Because you do.
Not only are you within touching distance of your goal now, but you have dealt with so many challenges along the way and still continued to support other people too.
Well done hun.
One of the good aspects of LL is that you don't just get to goal and the "diet" is finished.
RTM is a structured way to re-introduce food safely and to help ensure you develop a healthy relationship with eating as you do
so, identifying any triggers (as if you didn't know, but sometimes there are suprises) and offering you support during the process.
Then of course, there is Maintenance which is free and ongoing and it is what has kept me on track.
I hope it will be the same for you. Sometimes it's hard, temptation is still there. At times like that you have to remember all the differences that losing the weight has made, how life was before compared with now.
I saw your posts about being lonely in your big bed. Give it time hun, love will creep up on you, just as soon as you stop looking for it.
Hope you feel better soon. Sleep well. xx

Hi goreous, hope you are doing well in your recovery!

I never thought I would do so well initially, once I lost just over a stone I think I began to realise that I could get to where I want to be with this, I totally agree about raeaching goal not the end, if anything I honestly believe that will be the beginning for me. I have had a lifelong battle with food and so I expect there to be good days and bad days. After working this hard to get to the chosen goal, there is no way I will be going back to that miserable life I was living where I was the FAT friend to everyone and having comments like, 'she'd be pretty if she lost some weight' or 'she has a lovely face'.

As for being inspirational to others, I hope I am, I would like to think that some people read my diary and feel the way I do when I read your posts, you always have such good things to say and really offer sound advice to people. :)

I am looking forward to doing RTM as I think I will learn so much from it, although to be honest Lite has already set me off on a good grounding. I actually spoke to my LLC about the possibility of popping in when i finish RTM, she basically said, absolutely the door would always be open. That offered some comfort as I know I will have wobbles along the way, the need will be to stop those wobbles turning into earthquakes lol.

Love is on its way for sure, I have lost some weight, now is the time to go find some fun and enjoy life like I always wanted too. I honestly believe when I am at my peak it will come crashing into my life with a vengence and be everything I wished for and more.

Thank you SB, for being you!! :D xxxxxxxx

Lady T!!! Well done on ur loss this week!!!!! nearly half a stone gone in 2 weeks.. AND on lite!!! AMAZING!!!
Hope ur headache feels better soon.. they are so horrible!!! xxxxxxx

Fantastic!

Well done so exciting for you Hun yay!:)
Have you started any exercise yet,apart from riding Chester?:D
Sexy xx

Thanks Gem & Sexy!

No futher exercise, I actually dont like doing it which is a real worry for me at the moment! I am hoping that mucking out 3 stables 5 days a week and riding will be helping me though. Arghhhhh! xx

Hey you,

Thanku so much for your FB msg and text. You are a wondeful person ;)

PS you are inspiring and you are now ..... Unstoppable! (my word of the week)

Big hugs
xxx

Hey lovely lady, You are more than welcome, I was a little worried as it wasnt like you not to be on here! Dont forget you can text me anytime you fancy a chat, sometimes its easier when you dont know the in's and out's of peop[les lives, you can offer more constructive advice i think. :)

Aw love your word of the week, yeah baby I am unstoppable! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!! :D xxxxx

Hey lovely lady, You are more than welcome, I was a little worried as it wasnt like you not to be on here! Dont forget you can text me anytime you fancy a chat, sometimes its easier when you dont know the in's and out's of peop[les lives, you can offer more constructive advice i think. :)

Aw love your word of the week, yeah baby I am unstoppable! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!! :D xxxxx

Grrr right back at ya hun lol.

Thanku huni, you realy are a little diamond xx

Hey lovelies, I have a slight dilema, not LL related, alls good there still!

Basically I am going on holiday with a mixed group of friends, one of the girls boyfriends is now an ex, meaning he will not be coming on hoiliday. As a group we decided to go without an addition and we were all happy with it.

The dilema is that one of the girls has now asked if her friend can come but I have concerns with this, she came out with us one night but I didnt like her behaviour. Could have been that I wasnt drinking, I dont know! Anyway an e mail was sent out to everyone who is going on holiday tonight to ask if there was any objections and also said we all needed to agree to it! I replied saying my concern would be that we all get on brilliantly and someone coming into the mix late on could upset things and as we had all saved so hard for the holiday it would be a shame to go away and potentially have the worry of not getting on. I kinda feel bad now, as a couple of others have said they dont mind, but I dont want to feel pushed into agreeing to something just because others are saying they dont mind either way. Also slightly frustrated that I had a conversation with one of them who wasnt keen on the idea but hasnt said that on the e mail. Very frustrating!! xx

Don't feel bad, you've been honest. Some people really struggle with that kind of situation / question - I would :s I think your friend has been slightly out of order trying to bring someone new into the mix and has put everyone in an awkward position. Hopefully someone else will speak up. If not then hopefully this new addition to the group will fit in - holidays tend to bring out the best in people. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Lady T
I don't think you should feel guilty about voicing your opinion. There would be no point in having an agreement that everyone felt comfortable with the decision to include another person - if everyone felt unable say what they really think!
It's probably one of those situations where everyone is waiting for someone else to say it and then they'll say "yeah, that's what I think really"
However, I don't know you and the dynamics of your group of friends. You must go with your instinct hun.
Whatever, I hope you will have a fab holidayxx

Thanks ladies for your advice, I stood my ground with this and had a conversation with the girl who asked if we minded if her friend come, I tried to explain how I felt about it and also told her the girl wouldn't be a choice of friend for me so spending 24/7 with her wasn't something I really wanted to do. I told her that if she really wanted her to go and so did the others I would happily sell her my place as I didn't want to be the only one objecting to it. I was told in no uncertain terms that wasn't happening and she isn't coming with us. I am pleased but feel crap over it to be honest, just wish sometimes I could just not be bothered about something!

The past few days have been a struggle for me emotionally, how can I have come so far and feel so low! I'm feeling all over the place, I think it's because I am close to goal but it wasn't my original goal which was a 10 stone! Part of me geeks like not reaching that would be a failure and almost give me a reason for the weight to go back on. Sorry not explaining it to well really. There are so many questions going through my head like should I be happy with a size 12 as it's a neither here nor there size in my mind, but a 10 would take so much maintenance. Then there's the loose skin, I am fortunate that at the moment I don't have it so that it's noticeable to any great extent but losing more could make it unsightly. I suppose I thought losing the weight would make me mire appealing the reality is that it hasn't, I'm wondering what more I can do, my life seems to be passing me by and the memories I have ate lonely ones, it's sad really!

Sorry I know this us a very woe is me kinda post but felt the need to put it out there, it might help me find some of the answers rather than cramming it all into my mind!

Been reading your diaries, great losses! Xxx

Hey you! 154lbs seems about right to me - you don't want to make your lovely face all gaunt! And besides, 154 might be your goal but there's nothing to say that you won't lose a little more during maintenance and in the future.

It seems to me you are quite an inspirational person on here and never fail to say a kind word or give a helping hint or some encouragement as you go through the diaries. So take it easy on yourself - you have come so far and I know you will not falter - your many friends won't allow it!!

xx Karen

Oh honey difficult times.

Feeling good about oneself is rarely a weight. It is very disappointing however to find that out when we have worked so hard to get there. Personal opinion would be that you have chosen a more maintainable weight, which has not lead to the loose skin. However it is really your call. Maintaining is the next step, you can always loose more weight if and when you have had a think about it.

Sorry you are feeling bad about asserting your opinion. Difficult one when it is not the nice girl one we would have wanted to portray. You did the right thing though, can you imagine going on holiday and hating it. What an excuse to eat and drink too much that would have been.

No easy answers though. I am sure others will offer other opinions as well which will be food for thought.

Life hasn't passed you by, it just feels like it as you are feeling down honey xx

Thanks ladies, I think feeling so low about my weight is just a symptom of other issues in my life! Rest assured I am dealing with them!

When I need a little motivation I tend to try my clothes on random I know but it always makes me feel good about what I have achieved.

I have some beautiful dresses I have worn to formal functions or bought for cruises, trying some of them last night and they were huge! I couldn't believe it! I'm thinking about getting some of them altered as they were expensive. I also tried my size 12 jeans on I haven't actually worn them yet, I spend a lot of time in jodhpurs now I am riding again and haven't really been out anywhere, it's such a lovely feeling to pull them on and zip them up with no huffing and puffing lol sometimes in the past getting into clothes was like a milatary operation lol.

I also sorted some of my holiday clothes out to work out what else I need to buy before I go, so I will be off shopping in a couple of weeks fir my bikini's and shorts. Omg as if I can wear shorts, I have actually bought a pair to wear out in the evening they are quite dressy, seriously never thought that would happen, fat girls in shorts is a no no, luckily this girl ain't no fatty now and will look hot, hot, hot! Might even wear them out after the holiday locally with tights, don't think I would brave bare legs lol

Right time to get off to the stables the weather is pants, but I am definately riding no excuses and then I will muck out their 3 stables so I can bring them in early if it gets to wet. Oh they are so spoilt lol

Have a great day, keep busy everyone and I will catch up with yu all later xxxx

Thanks ladies, I think feeling so low about my weight is just a symptom of other issues in my life! Rest assured I am dealing with them!

When I need a little motivation I tend to try my clothes on random I know but it always makes me feel good about what I have achieved.

I have some beautiful dresses I have worn to formal functions or bought for cruises, trying some of them last night and they were huge! I couldn't believe it! I'm thinking about getting some of them altered as they were expensive. I also tried my size 12 jeans on I haven't actually worn them yet, I spend a lot of time in jodhpurs now I am riding again and haven't really been out anywhere, it's such a lovely feeling to pull them on and zip them up with no huffing and puffing lol sometimes in the past getting into clothes was like a milatary operation lol.

I also sorted some of my holiday clothes out to work out what else I need to buy before I go, so I will be off shopping in a couple of weeks fir my bikini's and shorts. Omg as if I can wear shorts, I have actually bought a pair to wear out in the evening they are quite dressy, seriously never thought that would happen, fat girls in shorts is a no no, luckily this girl ain't no fatty now and will look hot, hot, hot! Might even wear them out after the holiday locally with tights, don't think I would brave bare legs lol

Right time to get off to the stables the weather is pants, but I am definately riding no excuses and then I will muck out their 3 stables so I can bring them in early if it gets to wet. Oh they are so spoilt lol

Have a great day, keep busy everyone and I will catch up with yu all later xxxx

Yay to the shorts! You're sounding really upbeat and positive this morning :) I think it's a really good idea to get some of your dresses altered. It's such a shame to have spent money on clothes that you loved and are then not able to wear any more. Obviously a great problem to have (and defintiely better than when it's the other way around) but still a bit of a shame. I have a beautiful jacket in a size 16 which I have now shrunk out of and I am getting that taken in as I love it and it's hardly had any wear.

I hope you have a fantastic day and keep smiling xxx

Pants!

At least the weather is SMALL pants!

Re the large dresses. Last New Year I was going to buy a new dress for a posh do. I kept thinking about a fab beaded dress size 26 I had put away. I had tried to sell it through a Dress Agency, but the woman wouldn't take it:"We don't get much call for things THAT size"
So I thought, nothing to lose. I just took it all in down the sleeves and sides in one feel swoop, like a dolls dress, into a size 10. Couldn't cut it because of all the beads. so just pressed and stitched the extra fabric down.
I wore it with killer heels, got loads of compliments, no-one else had a dress like it, no-one knew the history of it except OH and me - felt a million dollars.

SHORTS, Lady T - FANTASTIC !!! xx

Thanks ladies!

Had an extremely wet morning at the yard. My friend came to meet Chester today, we used to ride together all the time. I'm looking forward to doing it again as she keeps hers just down the road from me!

When she got to the yard she rang me to find out where I was, when I walked out to her she was like omg I didn't recognise you, you're so slim! Aw bless I only saw her about a month ago but I guess I don't wear fitted clothes usually and there is no getting away from tight jodhpurs lol that was a nice compliment.

I finally got cleaned up at home settled with a nice cuppa when the phone rang it was Dani's friend her horse had collapsed and she was panicking, by the time it took me to drive the 5 mins back to the yard he was fine, a little unsettled maybe but that was it! I stayed a while to see if he had any changes but seemed absolutely fine, he's an old boy and I dont think the weather helped him today, bless! She put extra straw in his stable just in case he wanted to lie down and then left him for a few hours. I think he is fine though now thankfully. Checked my horses they were all munching their way through their hay. Dani went back up after work to feed them and top up the hay!

I have been bored since I got back it's rained all day and all evening! Noticed a few of the regulars on here have disappeared hope they are all ok, it's surreal how concerned you become over people you haven't met, it's nice though because we are like a cyber family xxxxx

Quite agree with you. Love the domesticity of ur horse tales x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back