TEA AND COFFEE AND CAMBRIDGE DIET!

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by dizzy-n-mizzy, 21 September 2006 Social URL.

1. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    What is the latest view on drinking tea and coffee on Cambridge. I always take tea and coffee black no sugar but on starting my counsellor said best to give it up altogether and so I did (cold turkey!) I was quite glad to do so as I associated tea and coffee with comfort foods and drank way too much. After a week I introduced green tea which I used to drink for 2 years when I lived in Canada and couldn't stand the tea over there. I found I almost immediately felt better, after the withdrawl, and was noticeably less anxious. I now occasionally have a black coffee when I'm out as a treat but have not had a black tea for 3 months. My counsellor seems to think that there are new rules coming out to cut out the tea and coffee.

I am just interested in whether this is correct or not? Also how many others still drink tea and coffee? How has it affected your diet progress etc.

Thanks to all

Dizzy x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

OOh I haven't heard anything yet about no tea or coffee - I drink loads of peppermint tea (on ss and off) so I'll be gutted if you can't! Personally, it helped me through ssing massively!!!

4. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Hiya

On current guidance it is perfectly fine to drink black leaf based tea and black coffee with tablet sweetener.

That to my knowledge is not about to chance.

M.

dizzy-n-mizzy likes this.
  5. dizzy-n-mizzy

Diet:
    Cheers for the speedy replies. Thought so but actually still quite glad to have 'given up'.

6. Libbie

Libbie Silver Member

Diet:
    CD
    Hi
    I have drunk black coffee sll the time I have been doing CD.
    Had days when I could not have managed with out it.
    Would hate to give it up alltogether.

7. kati

kati Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    I cant drink coffee black and I'm not that keen on black tea either so I just have the water. Haven't tried peppermint tea maybe I will get some to see what it's like.

Trying the vanilla shake with coffee in it was just wonderful to me. I was tempted to ask for all vanilla's just so I could have 3 cups of coffee every day. I used to drink a lot more of it before starting this diet and cut it out co turkey too, not good.

8. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

Hi,

I attended the training day yesterday and there is no change you can still have black tea and coffee, I have not heard anything anywhere about stopping tea and coffee:confused: .

Linda

9. Gill-cdthing

Gill-cdthing Gone, but who cares huh

i hate black coffee too, so i use the cappicino mix in coffee in the day, which is ok for me as i dont have the 4 packs a day i should have,

10. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I thought the CD book said something about not stopping drinking coffee in the early days (at least), because of the caffeine withdrawal.

I only remember it because I went over to decaff from day 1 of SSing, and my CDC pointed it out.

Sure it said something like that:confused:

Not that it hurt. Just that it's a bit harder doing withdrawing from caffeine and going into ketosis at the same time.

Something like that anyway.

11. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

Years ago we used to advise changing to decaff coffee and tea. However, the headaches that were experienced from caffeine plus carb withdrawal were horrendous for some.

So it was decided that ordinary coffee and tea could still be used to minimise the risk of headache.

It was a double whammy back then.

Linda

12. westhills

westhills I STILL mean it!

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    8st13lb(41.25%)
    I always have one of my packs spread out through 4 coffees during the day. (10g in each) Butterscotch & toffee walnut are my favourites.
    Ann x

13. dizzy-n-mizzy

Diet:
    Thanks for all the replies. it's interesting to hear of everyones coping strategies. As I associate tea and coffee with eating I think it was probably just as well for me that my counsellor took that root. I am rid of my caffeine addiction/habit. But at least I can enjoy an occassional black coffee without guilt. I am slightly nervous of slipping back to my old ways during maintenance though. Thanks again it's been interesting for me and will try some of your combinations. Dizzy x

ps My husband (Mizzy) has also gone cold turkey with the tea and coffee and replaced totally with water as he doesn't like any alternatives. He is also happy with this and quite satisfied with the water now after 7 weeks. We both feel much better for it and I was amazed how less anxious I felt cutting out the caffeine.

14. Heva2015

Heva2015 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.5lb(5.35%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  15. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Boaters coffees are a no no from Cambridge due to the natural flavourings that can (and do!) spark food cravings.

M.

16. Heva2015

Heva2015 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.5lb(5.35%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  17. sarahgates

sarahgates New Member

Hi guys how many sweeteners are we allowed in SS as I need a little pick me up from the caffeine withdrawals (coke zero drinker) so was thinking it may make black tea bearable, have bad bad headache that even meds aren't touching! I'm only on day 3 (still positive btw) thanks guys x

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

Register an account for free to disable ads in threads!
  19. weasey

weasey Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st1lb(36.67%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Exercise and calorie control (previously Slim and Save / Lighter Life)
    Assuming you mean Slim and Save I think you're allowed any number of sweetners as long as they are tablets and not powder. However, you can also drink coke zero. You might get more responses on the slim and save forum.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.