tea and coffee consumption

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by essexmum, 3 October 2006 Social URL.

1. essexmum

essexmum Full Member

Is there a limit to how many cups of tea or coffee we can drink in a day?

I have had 3 cups of watered down black coffee today and was wondering if there is a limit. It's the first time I've drunk black coffee in years as I'm normally a tea drinker, but couldn't face black tea, but obviously don't want to over do it.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kazz

kazz Gold Member

i thought it was unlimited...please please please let my thoughts be right!
  4. Libbie

Libbie Silver Member

Do not know enough to know what CD says on this.I am sure a CDC willbe around to let you know.
    But I still drink as much as i did before CD which is loads about 6 large mugs a day.
    Sorry I can not help more.
  5. Brad0053

Brad0053 Silver Member

There is no limit.

However, Cambridge suggest you do not have more than you would normally, because of your body not being used to the caffeine levels.

I remember getting a 'sick' high when I was SSing in the early days and thet was because I over did the coffee.

Apart from that, you are fine.

Good luck
  6. Gill-cdthing

Gill-cdthing Gone, but who cares huh

or convert to decaff :)
  7. Brad0053

Brad0053 Silver Member

True. But for me, it's not quite the same. It's like having low alcohol beer - pointless :D :D :D
  8. KD

KD Gone fishing

Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    And not in the early days. I think the book suggests you just carry on as normal.
  9. Brad0053

Brad0053 Silver Member

It does Karion. This is to prevent withdrawal symptoms (i.e. headaches etc)
  10. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

I've definitely had caffeine high!! OMG not good :eek: And no, don't switch to caffeine free in the initial stages as it's too much of a shock for your system
  11. Gill-cdthing

i did the lot in the 4 days before i started cd lol, yeah i got the headaches and stuff but i was in ketosis on day2, now i think i would be scared of having caffeine incase i went mental lol
  12. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Too late for me!! :eek: :p
  13. Gill-cdthing

lol i suppose i should say anymore mental lmao
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.