Tea that doesn't taste like tea please?

AlexIce

Silver Member
I detest tea and coffee and have never been able to drink hot drinks until I started CD and I have learnt to drink the Golden vegetable drink but ... does anyone know of anything else I can drink as a hot drink. I am finding the hot drink welcome now that it is colder in the evenings. I would really like to find something that tastes nice and isn't tea or coffee.

the cambridge berry water flavoring made up with warm water

chocolate or choc mint shake made up hot

Doh! I hadn't thought of making the berry drink up with hot water! :) I shall try that!
Thanks Sumayyah!
Don't like the shakes or tetras though - can't drink them at all

I have a friend that quite happily sips upon hot water (lets it cool down a bit)
Boring I know, but occasionally I do this to warm up x

Hi AlexIce, I know you said not tea or coffee but when i first started CD i didn't like either black but i guess you learn to like it or at least i did but what i have found i enjoy the most is white tea, its very mild and is 100% nicer to drink than drinking normal black tea. I use the Clipper brand and its yummy. Also has fat burning properties :D

I don't think tea will work - I don't find it as repulsive tasting as coffee but white or black - I just don't think I can make myself drink it.

Ehm i don't know if it exists in england, but over here we got liquorice tea. That is if i translated it correctly.

I don;t think it tastes like tea, cause it is really sweet and i love that as a hot drink. It also helps if you feel a bit faint.

AH found a photo of the sort i mean, just in case i am mistaken :D its made from this stuff:

Click here for photo

Thanks Klev - and thank you for getting the link for me. much appreciated, but unfortunately I don't like the taste of liquorice either!

hmmm dont think there is anything else ???
give the warm berry one a try let us know what its like xx

Thanks Klev - and thank you for getting the link for me. much appreciated, but unfortunately I don't like the taste of liquorice either!

:lol: are you hard to please :D but you're welcome anyways ;)

its not exactly tea but have you tried this its nice hot marigold vegetable bouillon? its like a soup in a way

Klev - lol well thare are only actually 4 things I don't like - unfortunately tea, coffee and liquorice are 3 of them - the other is olives!

Laurie - thanks :) Wonderful - I shall send my mum off to investigate and get some.

Then liquorice tea is THE best combination for you lol, you should spice it up with a little bit of coffee and an olive on a stick :D

I bought some mint tea yesterday and tried it - couldn't drink it. It would be really nice to have something else to drink which is hot apart from the CD soup as you can only have one a day.
Today I am going to attempt having the fruit drink hot - I shall tell you what it's like later!

i hope you like it, would be nice if you found something you like. What i don't get, you're only allowed one soup a day??

Why?? We are allowed as many soups or shakes as we please on a day.

Back