Team 14 - Scream if you wanna go faster! - Official Thread

Good Morning All

Glad everyone had a good weekend and welcome to Team 14 Katie.

I too am an ex LL'er who stopped in May last year and proceded to lose the plot and put on 61lbs. Back on CD since September and just a bit short of my LL (lowest) weight.

I need a moan though. :8855: Jumped on the scales this morning for a sneak preview before my weigh in tomorrow and it looks like I have lost two miserable pounds - again. That means, 2,3,3, and 2 for the past four weeks. TEN. Apart from the accidental bite of the cookie - I have been 100%. What is going on ???

On the plus side, my clothes are feeling good and I am wearing the smallest I have.

On the other hand - coming up to my yearly Christmas shop (Saturday)with my friend where I had planned not just lunch with her in the day but also dinner out with our hubby's at night, (both carefully controlled - but with a glass of wine).

Was hoping for a good week to keep me in line - but I am puzzled as to why Iam losing so little.

Nelli

Hi Everyone.

Nelli - You sound like you have already cheered up but I can I just refer you to the ticker at the bottom of your post...50 pounds! 50! Sometimes our body tricks us and doesn't lose at much as it should but 50 pounds is AMAZING!
Hypa - good for you staying on the water. I'm on the water til Christmas now. Its worth it.

Thanks Claire - and deep down I already knew that. Last week I was reading some posts by people who are doing SS+ where you can eat a small meal each day - and they seemed to be having losses better than mine - the consensus being that 12lb in a month was expected (and 14lb min for SS).

I think I had convinced myself that I would have a good week this week (I have lost 6lb in the past mid diet) and it doesn't look like it will happen.

Guess I'll stick to our thread for a while :)

Nelli

Hi Katie. Sounds like you are very determined. Hope you don't mind me asking but why is it different this time? Sorry but I'm intrigued as to why we put on again and why some keep it off. I'm trying to be one of them that keeps it off when I finally get to the end of this!

It's funny as well that we started at pretty much the same weight (I was 19stone) and the same height. Do you wish you were taller too? I do then my ideal BMI wouldn't be so far away! What weight did you get down to last time?

Sorry loads of questions! Just nosey! I promise you don't have to answer any of them - just tell me to bugger off.

First things first ..... I would sooooooo love to be taller, I'm totally jealous :jelous::jelous::jelous: of all tall women, just to be over 5'4" would be fantastic.

Anyway back to the diet/weight thing - in short why did I put on weight..... I'd gone through a good couple of years of crap times, bit of bullying/ostracising (not sure it's spelt like that) and being in a not so nice place. I then got the opportunity to get out and on the day that I did the whole diet went into freefall, I ate that night and then I just ate and ate - don't know what it was exactly, relief, shame (htat I'd put up with it), guilt, I don't know what just all of it.

Then because I'd eaten and kept doing so then I felt bad about myself and carried on doing so - eating everything I knew that I shouldn't even when I didn't particularly want it and I was miserable as anything.

I'd always said I'd be slim for my 40th (last week) and the closer it got to that date the more I ate, as if I knew I'd let myself down and couldn't do anything about it so I'd go the other way.

Anyway the last month or so all I thought of was dieting though couldn't bring myself to contact the counsellor then the day before my 40th I did - booked in for the Tuesday and now here I am, 6 days into SS'ing and all going well. I know now that I will be slim again (I'd got to the 13's and for me even that was slim!) and I think I feel that bit better and stronger and I hope and pray that nothing knocks me off course.

;) That weren't exactly short was it :)

Evening teamies!

Hope everyone's had a good Monday - one day closer to slimdom yay! So day 1 (again) for me today and feeling ok so far, no side effects or anything yet but I am hungry! To be expected though I spose - just had a porridge and have another one for later so this evening should be fairly easy. Still worrying about tomorrow night, no idea what I'm going to do at the moment but am thinking an 810 meal may just be something I have to do.

Welcome to the team Katie :0) xxx

Cheers Wannab --- you must have the slimmest fingers .... got to be well exercised being the champion of all those games --- you should play for money you'd be rich :)

Lol hun I have had to confess many times, I only actually won one of those titles, the rest are down to my computer-obsessed fiance who hacked into my account 6 months or so ago! Sorry I can't take the credit! xx

ahhh right - least you're honest enough to admit to it :) I love the Arcade.

Mornin! Is very icy and some snow here in Yorkshire! How is it everywhere else?

Nelli - I'm on SS+ and I think I average about 10 pounds per month. Its definitely not a stone!
Katie - Sounds like you got into a bad cycle - get annoyed cos you put on weight so you eat - we've ALL been down that road! I'm glad this time is different for you and it looks like I'm going to be on THIS road til April/May time so we can all travel together...might keep us on track!
WannaB - Day 1 again. Bet you are excited for that first weeks loss? Last time it was an AMAZING result!

Morning All

There's a little snow (at least on the outskirts) of sunny Glasgow this morning and it is coooold.

I can hardly believe it, but I actually lost 4lb :) - I am so going to stop weighing myself and concern myself more with how to keep it off when the diet is finished.

Been reading up on the GI diet and onto various Low carb vegetarian diet sites over the past few days (I have been a veggie for many years, but "normally" eat a lot of dairy - as in vegetarian cheese etc). Part of my mistake last time was having a half baked idea of "what to do next" - to say nothing of a full baked idea that I could ss at any time ! HA

I know that everyone probably has thoughts about how they are going to maintain when we get to target, but does anyone have any concrete plans in mind? I had also thought about maybe joining WW or Slimming World. It would be interesting to hear others thoughts.

Well done on getting back into the swing Katie - you will soon be hurtling down the scales and feeling so much happier for it.

Glad you are doing fine too Wannabeslim.

Nelli

Last edited:
I am planning on joining weight watchers when I get to goal. I think there are 2 main ways I could gain the weight back:
1) When I overeat one day not undereating the next - Not having balance. I'm hoping weight watchers will help me with this.
2) Emotional eating. Something tragic happening and I overeat as comfort. An emotional trigger will happen at some point - life isn't just puppies and sunshine - so I'm using my blog and various techniques to try to learn other ways of coping.

That's my plan. That and having a firm upper weight limit where I will take action. Of course I'm also hoping to get pregnant so that could throw everything off a bit!

That would be a very good reason for getting off course - but you'd probably find you'd need to get rid of any extra weight afterwards just to keep up with the wee one :D:eek::D

As a family, (on my maternal side) we do tend to have weight issues - my sister who is a little bit smaller (both in height and build) but generally the same shape as me, and with all the same tendancies, put on about three stones lots of years ago. She bought a rowing machine and a calorie counter - and dealt with it -and has kept it off ever since. If asked how, she says she watches her calories, exercises and it's easy - and what's more she is not going to allow her weight to rule her life ! She has three children and didn't even get very big (other than her tummy) with any of them.

She gets really p**** off if anyone tells her she is "lucky" she doesn't have the same issues as me - cause she does keep at it all the time.

She takes one glass of wine - one biscuit - but only if she really, really wants it AND walks when possible as opposed to jumping into the car. Bit of a smart a*** actually :D.

Seriously, she says that it is a matter of being aware - and I know I eat trillions of things without even realising I am doing it half the time. On one embarrassing occasion, I accused my assistant of hiding my sandwich as a joke in the office - only to be assured by at least three people that they had seen me scoff it :eek:

Ohhh - cringe - even thinking back to that one.

Nelli

Oh I've ate unconciously loads of times. It is very bad but very easy to do. I'll start something, my mind will wander, then I'll look down and it will be gone! Concious eating is the way to go methinks!

One thing we should do to maintain is to create an "after" thread for when we are all finished here. Apart from that, I won't be going anywhere soon - as although my ticker shows 7lb to go (I wish) that only takes me back to my LL "best" - so will be revised at some time soon when I decide for sure what I should be. Have been in discussions with CDC regarding what that target should be.

Afternoon ladies,

I hope we are all on plan and the wagon. It's surprising how easy I am really finding this plan. I have weigh in tomorrow and so can't wait because I have been really good. Cannot believe it is December. How's everyone doing xmas shopping wise. What are your plans for xmas in regards to CD . I plan on having xmas day n boxing day off CD but not go over the top and no carbs . But we will see of course when it happens but 27th I will be back on plan no matter what does happen.

Okay team-mates - 1st weigh in and I've lost ..... 10.5lbs! Absolutely made up - was actually 10.7lbs but I'm sticking with the rounded up/down version. Bought some of the water flavourings while I was there - don't mind drinking plain water but like to have the flavourings at home as it feels like I'm drinking pop.

Re the snow - well it's been just awful, I work in East Lancashire and it was coming down thick and fast for most of the day --- I gave up and came home at 3 so I wouldn't be driving in it at rush hour.

Hope every has had a good day dietwise :)

well done on your first weigh in. That is great news I hope you have an equally as good loss next week:) . I lose 10 my first week and 11 the following. It's great how quick you can lose on CD.

Evening all,

Just got in from work followed by work dinner out and a panto. I was planning an 810 meal but the restaurant scuppered me as every option - even the pasta seemed to have carbs in it. They wouldnt let me swap any items on the menu for salad and all the veggie-type meals had veg with carbs in.... I actually got quite cross but couldnt show it and I couldn't not eat as it was a work dinner and they dont know I'm on CD. And wanted to keep it that way. So I ended up having chicken with the tomato and basil sauce on the side (had a tiny bit of it so they didnt suspect but only a miniscule amount) with a baked potato. It also came with coleslaw and tomato, neither of which I like so it was easy to get away with not eating them. But I felt all bloated and yuck after, and really down about having eaten.

I bet thats undone all the hard work of today and yesterday in one fell swoop. Back on the wagon tomorrow though, and I stuck to water all evening so I guess that's something... :( poo, poo, double poo!

Ah well, at least now I have no barriers or obstacles to SSing now for a good 3 weeks, so I can get on it tomorrow and hopefully stay on it!!

Do you think it's still possible to lose even if I ate carbs? Or will anything I lost today and yesterday go straight back on? Considering I only ate 450 cals yesterday and about 850 today (I missed lunchtimes pack and considering dinner I felt there was no point "wasting" 2 packs after that, hence the still low cals despite some chicken and a potato). So if I lost nothing after that I would be a bit :(

In need of some hugs tbh, just feel like kicking myself - but I really don't see what else I could have done, without coming clean, which I'm not prepared to do!

xxxx

Back