Team 14 - Scream if you wanna go faster! - Official Thread

Hi there - still no movement on the scales today. Considering calling CDC to discuss but I am still in the office and

a) do not want to amuse the assorted listeners who would no doubt find the subject interesting and
b) I am a bit worried in case she doesn't believe that I've been as good as I have.

J thinks I should talk it over with her.

Will have a wee look at your website later when I'm home.

Hope you are having a good day.

Nelli

You know that its impossible for you not to lose? It's just a blip. You've been losing really well all along..maybe this is just a bad week. It'll double the loss next week.

The last I registered any loss was Wednesday of last week and that was 1lb.

Spoke to CDC last night and she said that it could be that because of the time I've spent doing this that my metabolism is slowing and that I should eat for a few days and then resume ss.

TBH I am a bit scared, and since I don't feel at all hungry now (remember how long I was starving for) am a bit reluctant.

What do you think?

Nelli

It has worked for me. My metabolism always collapses on CD then picks up when I eat.

But it's only been a week. People have no loss weeks all the time. I dunno..it's up to you really.

You know that its impossible for you not to lose?

I know and keep telling myself that is the case. However, the 24th (Wed)was the last day the scales moved and that was only 1lb and the first from the previous Saturday.

I ate a little last night but wasn't comfortable with it at all and realised that if one small meal was going to change my metabolism, the weekend would have worked.

I am going to force myself to stay off the scales until Monday weigh in and then for a week - this obsession is not good :). Famous last words.

How are you getting on this week?

Nelli

Hi Claire

Planning to eat another little tonight and then back to ssing tomorrow - had planned to do it today and then thought that maybe another day - she did say for three days - would be more effective.

Cheered myself up by going shopping in town - bought a lovely parka style jacket in M&S. There are some lovely things around - all to the good for motivation.

I am now going to haul out my bike. J had pumped up the tyres etc for me a couple of weeks ago - and I am off out to see how far I can go. Don't worry, we have an estate car, so I will get back home - one way or another :)

Nelli

Last edited:
Hi Claire

Just when I thought I needed a bacon slicer - 4lb off this week.

It's funny - I have a whole new attitude - and feel really so much better. Even more so because I did the little bit of eating for the three days and still managed to get right back on track.

No exercising so far though :)

Hope things are going good with you.

Nelli

I think the small meals must have really worked. It's like week one again. No Loss for 16 days and then Friday 2, Monday 2 and then another 2 this morning.

Hi Claire
Hope you've had a good week.
Mine hasn't been too bad - having guests for dinner tonight, so I am planning on being the waitress.
Off to the shops for the food - I am really looking forward to the cooking (which I normally love) even though I won't eat.
Have a good weekend.
Nelli

Hi Claire

Have been reading your blog - what a time of it you are having between one thing and another. As far as the diet goes, I really admire the way you've been able to keep going considering the problems with your medications - I have found myself floundering for much less.

I can also sympathise with what you are having to do in your baby bid. I've been there too - in my 20's. Like you, there were no answers but lots of tests and the process ended when I got divorced (for totally unrelated reasons).

After J and I got married, we looked at the adoption route and again, it was just like you describe in the blog and I have to say that my thoughts were very similar to yours.

I am sure you will find your way through all of this one way or another just hold hands with that lovely man of yours.

N

Thanks Nelli. My fella is really helping me get through all of this. Gawd knows where we'll end up but I hope its somewhere nice!

Hi Claire

I really do hope you will end up somewhere nice - in fact I am positive you will. You sound very level and capable and no doubt even if it came down to a little blighter with behavioural problems - I'm sure you'd make a good job of it.

My sister in law had all sorts of problems and eventually adopted two. One of the aforementioned who I have to say she has turned around beautifully*, then a baby who was born with heart defects. She was a sister in pediatrics and the baby was up for fostering however she was lucky enough to be able to finally adopt him. (incidentally he is 100% now and a great hulking brute into the bargain :) ). Incidentally, by the time she was knee deep in nappies and tantrums - she found herself pregnant.

She is a special person and they were lucky to find her too.

Nelli

* I have added to this because that bit sounded so easy - it was anything but, and at one stage the week I took this child to give SIL a break, I was sooo tempted to murder. SIL and BIL deserve all respect - no doubt about it.

On another note - I am sorely challenged today.

My poor cousin - three weeks older than me died last night. Although we live far apart, and didn't get to see each other all that often, we were very close - in fact I would say probably closer than I am with my sister.

I am so tempted to open a bottle of wine - and may just have to do so - though I am trying ...

Oh that's awful. How horrible for you. I do know that feeling of wanting to open that bottle of wine very well. The best thing, I think, is to be kind to yourself - whatever that entails. Grief isn't the best time to diet...but on the other hand I put 3 stone on while my Dad was dying so don't go too far the other way!

Hi There

Well I wasn't good, but I wasn't too bad either - and back on the straight and narrow today - I hope. I find that stress and feeling depressed both make me want to eat - so that is something I need to deal with. Wishing I could pack up the dogs and head to the lodge - but unfortunately a little distraction called work is getting in the way :)

Hope you are feeling a bit better today.

Nelli

Back