Team 27 - Weight to go team- The CD Returners

well done Wez ! Its actually sunny here in Lancashire, just about to go to the gym. 4 more "get ups" then 6 weeks holidays yeah!!!!! can't wait, the teachers are making the kids work so far this week - boring- we normally have dvd's and sweetie lessons, - mind its probably just as well - less temptation for me! speak later

Last edited:
End of year is a lovely time. I'm going in tomorrow to meet my new class, so excited! I know i'm not near goal but at least I don't still look pregnant and can wear normal clothes - women can be so judgemental!
Any plans for your 6 week break?

We are going on holiday to Scotland for 1 week and we'll have a few days out. I'll be catching up with a friend, we normally meet up at half terms and during the holidays and have at least 1 day out a week, when we aren't away. then I'll also spend a few mornings at the gym, and catch up on housework etc.

What age group do you teach?

when I got home from work there was an answer phone message from the special school I've got an interview on Thursday ! not raising my hopes though, as there will be people who have done supply there, got to go for a tour of the school first, so will be able to suss of the competion

Last edited:
Sounds a relaxing break. I usually spend the 1st week catching up on housework, it lies low on the priority list doesn't it. I've taught Y4/5 for many years but in Sept I've got Y3/4, I'm junior trained and prefer y5. The problem with y3 is they are still very much infants for the whole autumn term an we waste so much time learning to write on narrower lines and inside squares for maths, so frustrating. Anyway, I'm going to enjoy tomorrow so much because it is such an informal way back in after so long. Besides it is the longest time I've ever been away from my baby, she'll be with dh but that will be weird so I need to stat busy.
Only got 6 hours sleep last night (restless baby) and then when I got dd from nursery she was tired and grumbly, fell asleep in the car and then screamed like a banshee for half an hour when we got home then complained she had a sore throat! Tomorrow has got to be better.
I am dreading the holidays now dd will be starting school. I catch up with so much stuff usually but now I'll be on chief entertainment duties. Hmm, I'll be keeping an eye out for free activities. At least baby will be in nursery for 3 days of the week so we can do things for her age (or holiday clubs).
How exciting to get an interview, I expect you feel more confident now you are smaller, I know I do and I'm not near goal. Don't let other candidates put you off, have an affirmation "I am the best person for this job", repeat and believe. I found Bach's rescue remedy a real saviour too. Good luck!
Heard from IW2BS and she has left cd and the team but is continue to diet with healthy eating.
I've put out an ad and pm'd a couple of ladies. Nothing yet.
Gosh it is quiet here.

yes I've noticed it has seemed to have gone very quite, wonder why?

year 3/4 sounds good to me, we had a head from a primary doing an assembly for us last week and she brought some children with her, ranging from reception to y6, they were so enthusiastic, mademe realise how much I miss that age, I don't know what happens to them in secondary, but they change.

Will your daughter be going to the school where you teach? I bet it will fel strange being back at work, but you'll soon get into the swing of things.

off to work now, its end of year service this morning, which means day 0 (that is all morning off timetable in in forms with form teacher for part of morning and in the service the second half ) it makes it a really long morning.

Gosh no, I don't want her with me for both our benefits. I need her to develop in her own right and I don't want staff avoiding talking about their class because I'd be a parent in the staffroom. I don't know about the future though because she will be in an infant school and will be in y4 of a juniors when baby is an infant when I'd prefer them in a primary, probably not mine though.

Lovely day today, staff were really complimentary about my weight loss and I was pleased that control underwear got me into size 12 clothes, thank goodness. Came away on a high and knackered. I'd taken a green salad & chicken for lunch and ate my bar on the way home. Baby is teething and took 1 and half hours to get to sleep. Finding it hard she still wakes during the night, she'll be 7 months on Monday. really looking forward to good night's sleep so just have to go to bed early.

Daiseydoo has pm'd me and agreed to be in our team so hopefully she'll be popping in soon.

hi, glad the day back at school went okay for you, Poor you with baby teething, you really feel for them don't you.

When I got home got a phone call from another school (that I applied for weeks ago, but closing date only just gone) inviting me for interview same time as the special school one tomorrow!!!! A bit like buses none for ages then 2 come along at once, I tried to see if they could change the time but they couldn't, as they finish tomorrow and it was the only "window" they had to conduct interviews so I had to withdraw :sigh: said they'd keep me om file for future reference ... they apologised for short notice etc and understood my reason for withdrawing - I didn't say I was at another interview!

Hello everyone im new to the team :) can't wait to get to no you all xxx

Welcome Daiseydoo - you found us!!

I'm a cd returner, did cd to get rid of 1st lot of baby weight and she is 4 now! I'm back to get rid of 2nd baby weight, had her just before xmas 08. Still on maternity leave from teaching and aim to be back in old work clothes for Sept when I return part-time.

Trisha, that is such rotten luck. Shame you couldn't get another slot as it is good to keep your options open. For my current post, I was offered an interview on a day of a class trip, when I contacted the school they said I could go a day earlier, it was a long 24 hours to wait but it turned out good in the end. Fingers crossed for tomorrow then.

Aww wish i could say i had an excuse for my bigness lol I just went to university and ate rubbish and drank excessive amounts of alchohol for 3 years lol. Still it was educational to say the least my goal is for my bday as my friends an I are off somewhere pretty an i'm sick of looking at photo's of my ten chins xx

hi Daiseydoo, I'm a cd restarter, I should really have been at goal by now but I keep picking aaaarrgghh. Ideally I'd like to lose another stone or so but finding it very hard to stick to diet, at the moment. I've been messing about since February !

Wez I did try and get another slot, but the one at the special school is all morning at least, so I couldn't say another time, because I'm not sure what time I could be there, so I had to say couldn't make tomorrow at all - its so annoying.

Daiseydoo, what did you study at uni? Have you graduated?
Could I just check your stats - is 167lbs your last wi? Oh, I can't wait to be in the 11s!

Trisha-have you heard yet? How did today affect your diet?

Mind is still whirring after visiting work yesterday so I've been nibbling cheese by the slice and nuts by the handful. Scales haven't moved since Monday so must be more conscientious about being 100%.

Hiya yeh 167 was the last wi.
I did Drama Studies with English at uny and now im off to do nursing in sep as I eventually want to go into the RAF. So need to be slim and fit for that otherwise they wont look twice at me unfortuantley.
I am also in a show next week Midsummer nights dream and I'm moving up to the 1000cal plan for two weeks as the show take so much energy up plus i work 40 hours per week and im terrified im gonna gain weight during this time !x

HI daisey doo welcome.
my apologies for not posting much in the last few weeks my life is not drama free at the moment. I have a funeral today my great aunt who was 99 so i can;t stay on here long.

a quick catch up what happened with the job Trisha?
Wez i know how you feel wanting a nights sleep my little started to teeth at 4 months and seems like he never stopped. He only slept through the night when he got to 15months but still wakes. I am sure he is the exception though as all of my friends have perfect babies.

Have you gone back to work or did i read wrong?

i better go. Oh i did an early weigh in. I am just into the 11s. I am 11 12 1/2 so a 1lb 1/2 down not huge but it is something.

speak soon guys

Have you gone back to work or did i read wrong?

No, I just went for a keeping in touch day from maternity so i could plan with my colleague and meet my new class. It was freedom and I loved the day.

Teething can really get baby down but nurofen works. She isn't suffering as much as dd did but I won't speak (type??) too soon.

How sad to go to your aunt's funeral, I hope it went well.

Today has been fine dietwise. Got the trampoline out to try to get rid of those stubborn lbs. Dh took the girls for 3 hours and had a lovely self pamper session, good for the soul as well as the skin.

Hi everyone I didn't get the job they interviewed 7 external candidates yesterday and I think internal ones the day before. At the interview there were 2 who had been to the school on supply previously and were acting like they owned the place, didn't even "dress" for interview but as you would if working there, they were helping themselves to tea/coffee without asking etc and were chatting away to members of staff, then another worked at a school where the special school had links and takes pupils to intergrate and worked in that department, and kept saying (when members of staff weren't around) "its not a done deal! to which one of the other candidates said to me sarcastically "of course its not!!", (she'd been to 2 interviews this week where the job went to an internal candidiate so was really fed up),

the interview itself was good, its was all morning, first a tour of the school, then spent some time in the classrooms with the children, then a break, then interviews, then another break then interviews with the school council, the staff and kids there are great and its a lovely atmostphere,

I got really good feed back, but it doesn't really help, there won't be any more jobs now until next year.

diet wise not done too good, been out for 2 meals with colleagues who were leaving, and although I tried to be good, when you' re a veggie there's not really much choice I'll be lucky to sts.

hope you have all had a better week than me, its now jsut 1 week to my holiday, my cdc gets back on tues and will expect me to hvae lost weight in the 3 weeks shes been away, at this rate I'll hvae put on!!

Hey Trisha, that is alot of candidates to interview, isn't it? Did you find out who got the job - was it the link school lady?

Is your cdc supportive on your downs? We've all been there when your diet is not your priority for good or bad reasons. The positive thing is that any gains come off quickly when making a huge effort to stick to ss, putting that into practice is the challenge! But you do so much exercise that you should be burning off plenty. I have been trampolining again and the scales are showing a loss but it almost justifies my cheats even if I make choices that keep me in ketosis, cheese and nuts are high in fat.

DH has taken the girls into town to shop and I have spent an hour trying and failing to sort out our guest room (dumping ground for laundry). We are moving baby out of our room and I intended on putting her in with dd but she is still waking once in the night and cries herself to sleep, don't need the both of them up. Their rooms are next to each ther so there is still a risk. As soon as she sleeps through regularly (hopefully when she is at nursery and me at work) then we'll pop them in together. I just can't believe how much stuff accumulates in one place when ignored so it becomes a task. Still, should be an end to it once baby has moved in. Really looking forward to going to bed and be able to read or watch tv rather than creep about in the dark and hope baby won't wake.

Any wi results this week please?

Hi Wez wi sts again!!

The lady with connections to the school and one who had been on supply got the jobs

cdc is supportive but has been away for 3 weeks, and as she comes back I'm going away! but when she did CD she didn't cheat once!! her oh also did it with her, and her family are grown up so she didn't need to buy any other food etc, which must make it so much easier , its cooking and buying food forthe family that does me in, so I'm not sure if she really understands how hard it can be.

I'm planning to do cd when I'm away, we are self catering, and I'm hoping I will find it easier as there won't be loads of food to tempt me we will just buy what dh needs and nothing else.

Moving baby into own room what a big step,

...and she slept through till 6!!! HV was obviously right, long may that continue.
Where are you off? Are you going Sat?

Shopping in Southampton today as much better range of baby things, need new highchair cushions and straps, didn't cope with 4 years of storage too well.

No team entry this week then.

Back