Team 27 - Weight to go team- The CD Returners

Yes we go Saturday morning, quite early.

Went to church with dd this morning, and when we came out someone had run into the back of our car, its a right mess, the lady who lives in the house where we parked outside, came out and told us, the the girl who did it had gone back home to get help (on foot) her car is worse than ours, on ours the the boot is caved in and the bumber crushed and falling off, she must have been going fast!! we should get a hire car, but it means I'm stuck in the house, I was going to go to the gym as dh is working, but can't get there by bus, its in the next town, and not on a direct bus route, I'm also stuck in tomorrow while I wait for them to pick up the car and drop off the hire care, good job school holidays have started.

hope you got what you needed in southampton, we have a niece who lives near there.

Just what you don't need before you go away, are you leaving dd at home? The main thing in an accident is that no-one is hurt. Do you know how it happened? I hit a parked car many years ago, the guy came out of his house and refused to speak except "leave it to the insurers", obviously my fault though. Hate the neverending insurance process with their numerous forms, some with areas to draw diagrams and waiting ages for the outcome. Luckily, been a long time since I filled one out.

We had a lovely day yesterday. Ate at TGIs, had a chicken caesar salad and asked for no dressing or croutons so it was just chicken, leaves and grated parmesan! Dd had kid's chicken fajitas but they had peppered the chicken and she refused to eat it, told the waitress who apologised and took it off the bill! Great to see good service is still alive and well.
Bought fitflops yesterday, had my heart set on red shiny ones I'd seen on their website but didn't like the bright whiteness of the sole when I saw them in the shop so ended up buying bronze ones and I've been wearing them all today, so comfy.
Poor baby has conjunctivitis in both eyes. Stupid GP is on triage so she phoned at 3:15 and then I could pick up prescription. Finally home with drops by 4:30, how is this a better service then waiting for an emergency appointment? Hope it clears up soon as it must be uncomfortable and I can't stop her rubbing them so she had puffy bloodshot eyes when she went to bed. Feel so sorry for her.
Plus she didn't sleep through, woke at 3 this morning for a drink. Hmmm, that didn't last.

Lost 2lbs this week.

well done on the weight loss Wez.

The girl who hit our car didn't know how it happened, her insurance co is the same as ours so its quite straight forward- up to now- no forms to fill in all done over the phone, Got the hire car, and they are picking ours up tomorrow. Then its a matter or waiting and see what they are going to do, ours is quite badly damaged, not just the bumper, but the boot floor had been pushed up.

dd is staying at home when we go away, she can't get any more time off work, her 2 friends will come and stay with her, they are both nice girls, and when they're parents are away they normally stay at each others houses. Her boyfriend went away today for 2 weeks with his family, so shes at loose end, we will probably have some days out before we go away.

Poor baby with conjuncvititis, hope she soon feels better, is so hard when they are so young because they can't tell you where it hurts etc. The health service is dreadful, at our doctors you used to be able to go to a "emergency" walk in session at the end of morning surgery about 11.30 or 4pm and a "duty" doctor would see you, you were guaranteed to see a doctor on the day, but they have stopped that, you can no longer make appointments, but have to ring up on the day after 8am - the line is always engaged and when you do get through all appointments have gone and you are told to try again tomorrow. It can take a week of ringing every day before you manage to get in!! Most people I know now try just once and if they don't get in, they go to the walk in centre instead, where you hvae to wait but do get seen.

Sounds like you made good choices when you went out. I'm going out with my friend for the day on Wednesday, I think I'll stick to salad as well.

Last edited:
I think the surgeries are offering such a poor service and then they are thinking of bringing in a £20 consultation charge too. People just won't go at all and serious conditions will be brushed aside because we can't afford to go. Most people are not hypochondriacs and only go when they need to, especially when you are working, just juggling a suitable time to go is a pain (no pun intended). When I was 1st pregnant, all literature said get it confirmed with a GP but when I asked the haughty receptionist for a later appointment because I was working she replied, "if you are well enough to work, do you need to see a doctor?", I replied "I said I needed to see a doctor, I didn't say I was ill. Can I have an appointment please?" Grrr. Turned out I should have just made an appointment with a midwife, it was ridiculous, she (GP) didn't even congratulate me. At least I knew the next time.

Had a call from dd's nursery manager. She told me they had 2 staff with swine flu and if anymore are off tomorrow then she will call me in the morning to keep dd at home because I am at home. It's fine and I'm glad I have been kept informed, she also said she was telling me because I had a young baby, she was calling all families with babies too. She wants to avoid closing the nursery so I think her contingency plan is for the best. Afterall, if I was at work then I'd appreciate them not closing in panic like the schools did initially. I think it is ridiculous the idea of closing schools in the Autumn, what good would it really do when the kids have to get together eventually? Dh's dad lives alone and came down with flu last night and is treating it with paracetemol, I passed on the hotline and nhsdirect number but I don't know if he'll contact them.

I tried really hard to be 100% today, which wengt well until I made lasagne, I only had a bit of the mince when I was layering it. I love lasagne and now it is cooked and smells lovely but I won't have any. Other than that, I feel I've done well. I only have these last 6 weeks left and I need to be focussed.

Are you ready to go for your holidays?

Not really organised yet, been too busy sorting the car. went for cd supplies first ting this morning then had to wait in for the garage to pick the car up, they only came at 5:00 PM, they did say after 1:00 PM but I was hoping for sooner. As soon as car had gone dd and I went to Ikea, starting to get stuff for when she goes to uni.

I heard on radio about possibility of shutting schools in Autumn term. sounds like a silly idea, ours won't shut though, unless the governent order it they never shut for anything, even when it snows and only haf the kids and staff get in, it stays open.

sounds like your daughters nursery have a good plan re the swine flu, its good that they're so organised. Hope you father in law is okay, thats the thing when they live alone.

Well done on staying 100%, a bit of mince won't harm you or take you out of ketosis. Thats my problem when I'm cooking for the family, "tasting" the food. dd made the meal for her and dh tonight, so thats a real help. I've been 100% too for 3 days, hopefully I'll be back in ketosis soon.

Of course fil didn't ring hotline but said he was feeling better today. Time will tell I guess.

Nothing went to plan today. I'd ordered 2 uniform skirts from George in June, heard nothing so popped in today, she went through 3 order books, found my order where someone had written "unable to locate" across it, she apologised for no-one calling me and there are none left in store or online.

Turned up at Music with Mummy session only to find the teacher locking up because she'd started earlier and she'd emailed everyone. Guess that was my fault for not checking inbox for a few days. Shame as it was the last one until the Autumn and I'll be working then.

Wanted to go to a local baby group 1-2:30 but baby was grumpy after lunch so had milk early and then she slept from 1 till 1:45 so wasn't worth going in the end.

Not huge disasters but it goes in 3s. Luckily diet has been fine today.

Oh it'll be so quiet when you are on holiday, are you going for a week or fortnight? Where are you going? What are you planning to do dietwise - healthy eating?

hi Wez, we are going for a week, as we are self-catering I plan to do cd, as much as possible may have the odd meal out but will stick to tuna and salad, dh is happy to eat at the cottage and isn't bothered about eating out, If there is anywhere there where I can pop on internet while away I will try and keep in touch, otherwise I post once we get back.

Went out with a friend today, we went to the coast, I intended just to have a tuna salad for lunch, but it was dire, how anyone can spoil a tuna salad is beyond me, but I left most of it, ended up having a biscuit with a cup of black coffee. Also haven't drunk nearly enough water today, didn't want to be dashing off to the loo every 15 minutes. Going shopping with dd to Manchester tomorrow, but diet should be okay as she will be happy to get something from the food court, in the Arndale Centre and I can have a bar.

Sounds like you've had a frustrating day what with the school uniform and Music with Mummy session. At least your diet is going okay. Glad to hear fil is feeling better.

Is there still room for a new member?

Hi everybody!
I saw that you had a 'vacancy' and wondered if I could still join you guys?

I'm restarting.... Day 3 today and already in Ketosis! :D

Hubby is away working for the next 6 weeks and I'd really like to surprise him with a 2 stone weight loss!

Thanks

Hi Alipally, you are very welcome. I'm the team leader. I just need your last wi (is that 225lbs?) and then post your weekly losses by the end of Saturday. If we have at least 3 then I'll post our team % loss to Irene for our tournament. Good luck with your mini goal, is your hubby in the military?

Trisha- How lovely to go to the coast. Shame your food was spoilt, did you complain?
Did you get things for your hols on your shopping spree?

Bit of a boring day today, weather was pants, racing the washing in and out of the garden, gave up by 2:30 as rain set in. Took dd to cheapy shop after nursery to buy glitzy bits to decorate her fairy wings to transform them into butterfly wings as she has to dress as a bug for their leaver's party tomorrow (even though she'll be staying until Sept). She wasn't allowed to use felts as she had used them for make-up on Monday morning and I have banished them. The wings are sparkly but not very butterfly-like, luckily she'd made antennaes at school.
Official start of our school hols today so my maternity leave has ended and I am back to work. Looking forward to being paid as maternity pay is rubbish and I really don't know how people can take a year off.
Diet, hmmm, wasn't 100% and once I had opened the fridge I knew I was heading to disaster. Wasn't a huge cheat I just needed to eat so had cheese, several times. Water intake has been fine though.

Hi Wez, no couldn't be bothered to complain, although I know I should have, Wenr to Manchester today and bought somethings from Primark for the hols and a new pair of jeans from Next in the sale. Got some more stuff for dd for uni, just bits of things nothing special, a cookery book for her own receipes and some towels.

The weather here has been okay although we had a couple of showers this morning, I also havn't been 100% today, like you it was cheese :sigh: I will have to be extra good tomorrow.

Thanks for the welcome Wez and Trisha!

Hubby not in Military.... thankfully, I don't think I could stand the stress.... Just an engineer with some work to do in Europe :)

He's already been gone for 5 weeks.... it's taken me this long to get myself onto sole source!!! :eek:

Still day 4 today (As it's after midnight!) My weigh in day is Monday though, so it won't count for this weeks losses :( Maybe we'll win next week????

Yes my current weigh is 225lb.... I'm going to keep everything up to date on my tickers and profile!

Step away from the fridge you pair.... when you open the door imagine a big STOP! sign popping out and then take a couple of minutes to really consider if you really want that cheese! (works for me if I do it... gives me more thinking time and makes me less impulsive!)

Take care everyone!

Hey everyone
haven't called in for a little while have been so busy. I'm on the 1000k plan for a couple of weeks atm as i'm currently in a show and it takes so much out of me. Lastnight was opening night and now today im shattered so glad im not on ss otherwise i'd probably pass out lol. Not really enjoying having to cook and think about food though atm it would actually be more of a convenience to be on the shakes an bars. Oh well im looking forward to getting back on it end of next week I actually havent lost a fig this week which is gutting ut I haven't gained anything either which is ok i guess.
How is everyone else getting on x

hi all

sorry i have been away for a while. I think that i am going to stop CD for now. There is just too much going on with my life at the moment and money is a real issue. Also, i think i have upset my CD supplier as i was supposed to pick up my supply since monday and one thing after another i haven't been able to get to her house. She leaves her side gate open for me to pick up my stash but i told her not to as it is not safe. But huuby just called to say he has completed an assessment and has swine flu so i have to take myself and my son to my mums as he is only 17months. So i told my CD supplier this about an hour a go. she said she hopes we are all ok and what do i want to do with my packs as she goes on holiday on monday. I just told her that i can't think about that right now as i have a lot on and i know she is well and truly P**sed but i can't help it. Monday i was supposed to collect my supply our bathroom flooded. Tuesday i told her i couldn't make it, Wednesday I had an awful interview and i got stuck in traffic, yesterday, i didn't have access to the car and today hubby has swine flu. If i do continue in the near future i think i will find another supplier as i have upset her enough.

I am sorry but i hope everyone is ok. If you don't mind could i stay on the team as i am still going to do exercise and a diet plan but just not CD

sounds like you've had a really bad week Miss M, Thought mine was bad enough what with the car accident, but yours seems much worse, maybe when things ease a bit you could come back to CD, Your cdc should be more understanding, these things happen, and there's nothing anyone can so about it. I had to change my "pick up day" due to accident and having no car/waiting for replacement/and ours to be picked up, so I collected mine on Tues evening, my cdc normally only sees clients on Friday/Monday, but was happy to see me on Tuesday this week under the circumstances.

Daisy what show are you in?

Wes lost 1 lb at wi.

Ali thanks for the support over the nibbling, very good advice. will try and take it on board.

Off now to start packing for hols.

Hiya all.
Thanks for pm Miss M, sorry things have been so bad for you.I agree with Trisha, your cdc should be more understanding and flexible in these circumstances. I am glad you are still around and thinking about yourself, your place on the team is secure. Let us know your losses on your plan.

DD - the 1000 plan sounds tricky, how are you finding it? I think once I'm allowed to eat then I'm going to have to keep a tight rein on it. Good luck with the show.

Ap - I know I should stay away BUT when the family are eating (and dh had a gorgeous thai curry for tea) it is a challenge.

Trisha - wishing you a lovely holiday!! Well done on your loss.

Spent a few hours catching up on paperwork. It is ridiculous, when the post comes I open the interesting stuff and pile the rest in the dining room. I filled a chair and knew it needed tackling, no surprises but got to do lots of shredding which I get satisfaction from. I think I'll get more statements and stuff paperless as I never really look at them anyway. As you can see, a quiet day. Baby has been good today and dd made a beautiful butterfly, only 3 of them dressed up but the nursery hadn't sent a note and relied on 4 year olds to relay the message.
Stuck to the diet and got the water down but sampled dh's curry (not rice).

Team results so far:

Wez 1.15%
Trisha 0.72%
Daiseydoo 0%

Allypally - what day is your wi?

hi all thanks for the support and congrats on your losses.

i know i messed my cdc around and she is generally nice but i think she just got fed up. When i start again i think i will find another CDC. I stayed the same weight this week, which i am happy about because it is my time of the month. So i'll start my healthy eating tomorrow and exercise. I am a bit annoyed as i missed my Boxercise class on thursday as i was in too much pain, hopefully i''ll go this thursday

Have a good holiday trisha

Welcome Allypally

Oh Wez, i am exactly the same as you with the post and it drives my husband mad :eek:D the only thing is i leave them on the ottoman by the front door.

Hi Wez....
weigh in day is Tuesday, so I'm no good to you this week guys!

Next week, however...... I'm sure i"ll be an asset to the team!!!:D

Hiya all.

Good luck Miss M on your determination for this week.
Alipally, looking forward to your 1st week's loss, it is always a great boost to the start of your journey. Have you done cd before?

Off to see Ice age 3 this morning with dd, it is her 1st time in the cinema, she's been to the theatre a few times but that has been more interactive, I'm hope she has the concentration for 94 mins! I really like online booking when you can choose your seats because we have a small balcony so I know she'll be able to see. Taking water & nuts for me but she'll be having sweets. I love popcorn but shouldn't be too bothered.

Team results submitted:

Wez 1.15%
Trisha 0.72%
Daiseydoo 0%
Miss M 0%

Team 0.46%

Back