Team 27 - Weight to go team- The CD Returners

Hey guys had wi yesterday an had lost a pound so that was a result really as had been probably eating way too much of the wrong things in the week just for sheer convienience xx

Hey Wez...

I really ought to put somewhere that I'm a CDC! I've done SS once before... and lost 7 stones, then became a CDC.... Although I got down a 'reasonable' level, I have never actually hit my target... people told me that I looked great and I believed them and got complacent, then.....

I piled a load back on and ingnored it for as long as I possibly could, but there comes a time when you can't ignore your jiggly belly any longer! So the 2 stone challenge will take me back down to my lowest CD weight, and will also be a big surprise for Hubby when I see him next!

41 hours til my weigh in.... I'm soo excited, it's been years, literally, since I looked forward to 'weigh day'!! :D

Hope you and DD enjoy Ice Age... I'm not sure what girls are like at that age... it's been a long time since I had 'littlies'.

congrats on your 1lb Daisydoo!

Well done Daiseydoo on your loss! Hope things are going well.

Wow Ali, you're a CDC! That must be a great motivator to see your clients losing their weight. My CDC is trying to do ss at the mo too as she put on 1.5 stone but every time I see her she has reasons why she didn't get started. Makes me laugh. I guess it isn't the expense to her as a tool to lose as once I've bought my packs they are a constant reminder that I'm on a diet. Saying that, I had garlic chicken yesterday with a green chicken and it was lovely for a change and I felt social eating with my family.
Film was fab, really funny on different levels, only 4 families in there but it was a 10am showing. DD was a typical 4 year old asking me loud questions during the film, especially "is it nearly finished?" after the 1st half hour. Still, I think she did well and would definately take her again.
Went to GP today for a repeat pill prescription and mentioned a small hard lump I'd found near my collarbone. Luckily he reassured me it was likely to be a cyst, it might disappear or grow bigger and if it becomes unsightly then I can have it removed butr it'll leave a scar. Hopefully it'll go, it doesn't hurt and certainly isn't noticeable.

I lost 2lbs this week. I know it should be more but I chose to eat and nibbled most days. Here's to another week.

Hey Daisy and Wez.... losses are losses! You pay your money and you make your choices!
it's all good as far as I'm concerned!

Glad you managed the film without too much drama! it's difficult for a 4 year old to stay concentrated for that long, and the more intelligent they are, the more questions they'll ask!!!

it's funny your CDC should be dithering... I wrote a post about my WL journey on the returners forum yesterday about being able to get back onto SS...it's literally taken me years to figure out that the second time around you need different motivators to keep you on track....
Have a look if you want:
http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...ful-return-ss-i-think-ive-discovered-key.html

Well WI tomorrow, I'll let you know as soon as I know!!

Last edited:
Thanks guys,
I am off the diet for this week *sigh after working a 50 hour week and spending all week in the show im shattered and just needed a break. After almost fainting yesterday have decided that one week is not a cardinal sin and my health is more important. Can't wait to be 100% next week though and look forward to weigh days again.
Hope all are well sounds like you are all getting along with it nicely going through the thread it seems everyone has good/bad days but i'm glad to have this teams support it's nice to know i'm not alone xxx

Best of luck Daisy, enjoy your week's 'holiday'. If you're exherting yourself doing the show, it's important that you have enough energy to do a good job!

Well, my week one WI is done and I've lost 8.5lbs!!! I'm very pleased to say the least, esp. as the first 1/2 of the week was a bit 'slow'... So now the weigh in is done for this week, I've put my scales in the garage...
There will be no sneaky jumping on the scales for me this week... as I only weigh myself naked... and I have to go outside to get the scales... The neighbours would die of shock!!!

congrats on the losses ladies, well done. I am having a few days off and will get back on the wagon tomorrow. Function after function and i find it so hard to drink enough water when i am out and about driving.

Ally - you wouldn't live anywhere near bedfordshire would you just in case i decide to join CD again

Sorry sweets.... Oxon! :eek:
Me and my sister do it together!

Ahhh Daiseydoo, I don't blame you at all. I think a week off will help your motivation again when you get back in ketosis, obviously the hard bit is the 1st 4 days again. You are working so hard and I'm sitting at home doing very little, such diversity brings our cd team together because our ups and downs are for different reasons, hate to think mine could be boredom as I still have 2 stone to go and I don't want to be doing this longer than September.

Miss M, thanks for popping in, hope life is treating you better. Still thinking about cd then? How is your eating plan going?

Ally, you do well not to scale hop, I think I am addicted and feel quite lost if I hadn't. It is bad practice but I really couldn't wait until I saw cdc, curiosity really gets the better of me. Is your sister your cdc?

I am trying to sort out files of paperwork ready to return to work and have filled a huge box for recycling. I left in a bit of a hurry and a muddle on my last day of work in December as my waters had gone and now I am starting to face the consequences. But as I'll be starting a new academic year and in a new year group then I can chuck the majority of it.
Stuck to the diet today but had the minimal of water, need to up it again to 3 litres.

Hi Wez, yes, my sis sorts me out and I do the same for her, when she needs me to!

Scales are well out of the way and the bathroom looks really empty without them....

I have a job interview in Brussels next week, so, weigh day will be on Monday, not Tues, as I'll be away! That should keep me out of the Garage over the weekend, I hope anyway!
I've got a lot of study and research to do before I leave which should also keep me out of mischief too.
And I'm away at a Quilting Retreat for the weekend so I need to get on top of the housework tomorrow, before the proverbial hits the fan and I've no time for anything!

I can feel another 100% day coming through today... hope everyone else it doing REALLY WELL... Does anyone keep an eye on the 'competition' do we know if we're going to come close to winning? Have Team 27 ever won the weekly weigh in challenge?
Just wondering!

Yes, we won the 1st week we became a team and had the biggest loser because we were all new returners.
Sadly since then we are nearer the bottom but then as many teams were entering.

You are certainly keeping yourself busy! What job are you going for? Will it be based in Brussels? I couldn't imagine relocating outside the country, I am welsh and cope with living in England because I am only 3-4 hours away from family (plus I speak the lingo), would hate to be a flight away.
Sadly, I am still nibbling. Need the weather to cheer up so I can get out of the house more! Well done on your determination!

I work in pharmaceutical marketing. I've been working in the Euro market for a couple of years, splitting my time between UK and Switzerland...

Although this job will, (hopefully) be UK based I will be reporting into Belguim so it's them who make the hiring decisions!

Day 11 today, yippee! Am still feeling inspired and positive about it. It's been different this time, because I've been very upfront when people have asked me about eating... I've just told them that I'm doing Cambridge and I expect to lose 2 stone in the next 6 weeks!!

Strangely, I've not had one negative comment!

I just wish Totm would hurry up and arrive... it's been hinting at it on and off for 3 days!

Being upfront is a brave choice, even when I popped into work a few weeks ago I didn't mention how my baby weight has dropped off. My family know and I am just avoiding social food/drink occasions, we are off to a dd's friend's bbq in August so will have to play the "so full, already eaten " card or maybe politely have some chicken. Hmm, the diet can be awkward but at least it gets results.

Good luck for your interview! Hope you're not tempted by their chocolate.

No plans for this weekend, weather looks dull but have to go out or all being in drives me nuts.

Must get more water in today, only done 1.5 litres so halfway.

Sometimes it's easier to avoid the topic, i understand your choice, I've previously done that, it's weird how hardly anyone ever notices that you're not eating anyway....:rolleyes:

Weather is dull, but I have plenty of quilting to be getting on with so not to worry!

I'm considering joining a gym when I get back from Brussels! My local has a 4 week trial for £30.00 so if I hate it after then I'm not commited which is a good thing for me!!

How are our team losses doing for this week???

Team losses

Alipally 3.78%
Wez 1.16%

Daiseydoo has taken a week off cd, Miss M is off plan but may pop in to record her losses, trisha is on holiday and may still let us know. Haven't heard from Puggy for a couple of weeks.
We need 3 results to enter and I've asked for all results to be in by end of Saturday so I'll check again tomorrow. It will be a shame not to enter your big loss this week.

A gym would be a great motivation. I love the toning tables but know you have to go 3 times a week to do yourself (& finances) justice. Sadly I don't have the time with my 2 girls. Lucky to go to the loo by myself some days lol.

So frustrated today chucking out stuff. I was sorting out a hoard of 30 files and have got them down to 2 lever arch plus 3 recycling boxes. Some of the files were from my uni days and were nostalgic to look through & then procrastinate but they were taking up too much space and need to be recycled. Haven't finished but by 2:30 I had had enough. Not working in a big space but really spread out organised chaos. I needed to get away and look at it again with fresh eyes. Will be really pleased when it is decluttered and can be used again as a useful space, formally our study.

Hi everyone back from holiday it was fantastic, did lots of walking, tried to stick to cd, didn't have any meals out as dh was ill! he got tonsilitis and found it hard to swallow, but had lots of yummy home made ice cream from a shop on the sea front , and I'm ashamed to say I also had some, it was just too tasty, also had a few other tit bits so not looking forward to wi, I don't see cdc until tues, but I'll weigh in on my scales, as ali's weight loss is too good to miss the team entry, I'll wi after I've had a shower, but I expect a gain

Just done unofficial wi gained 3.5 lb:cry:I don't think this will help the team but ali's loss was so good, I't not going to alter my ticker until official wi on tues.

Ali read what you wrote about getting back on ss, so much of what you said rings true. I got to my original goal in feb, and since then have been gaining and losing the same few ibs, I really need to get back in track and focused

Trisha, glad your hols were fab even though dh was ill, I hope he's better now. I think you've done a great job to stick with the plan on hols, a few slips wasn't a gorge and only a small gain really.

Team losses submitted:

Alipally 3.78%
Wez 1.16%
Trisha 0%

Team 1.96%

will be shame if my losses this week go begging for the team... I'm hoping that my loss next week will be good too.... TOM arrived this morning, so I'm hoping to dump all my water weight over today and tomorrow..... My losses, so far this week, have been abysmal.... Flight is at 12 tomorrow so probably won't get a chance to get online before I leave.

So I'd like to wish everyone a Happy monday and Remember monday means opportunity... a new week full of potential! Don't waste it people!

Hi Wez, yes dh is much better, he got some penicillin from a doctor while we were away, and has just finished the course today.

Good luck for the interview ali,

Back on day 1 for me, can't wait for ketosis to kick in.

we have spent most of the day so far cleaning an investment property we have, the tenant moved out and has left it in a right mess. We wanted to start and clean it before we went on holiday, but had to give them 14 days to sort it, of course they haven't so now we can get in and get it done ourselves, we spent over 3 hours there, and theres still loads to do, dd came and helped us but even with the three of us didn't get it finished. dd has said she and her boyfriend will come with me again tomorrow, and by then hopefully all the cleaning will be done, then dh has to replace 2 internal doors that they've kicked in, a bit of painting and we also need a new oven and hob fitting, then it will be ready for new tenants again. The money/time we have to spend on it will be deducted from their deposit by the letting agents, so we should get most of it back. I think we have jsut been unlucky with these tenants a young couple, the previous tenants we had we super and the flat was so clean when they left, its a bit of a shock seeing the mess that this lot have left.

Back