Team 27 - Weight to go team- The CD Returners

Bad luck with your tenants, it really is hit or miss even with an agent. I been unlucky with both male and female lodgers when I lived alone, they can just be inconsiderate because it is not theirs. I hated them helping themselves to my food (I am not a charity) and not passing on phone messages. When I had a tenant in my last house they asked if they could have their dog, agent covered it and it was fine apart from a few glitches in the paintwork. My dad let his flat out to 2 sisters and their friend and the kitchen tops need replacing because they had burnt them, plus loads of ringed stains on the chairs and carpets. It is just horrible and shows how badly they have been brought up. I remember hoovering a flat I rented before I left so it was looking good. I did fall out with one landlord because I left my lounge suite in the garden for an arranged collection and he got it removed and took it out of my deposit, he also complained that the carpets weren't professionally cleaned and the grass wasn't neat. I was only there 9 months and it ended up in court, he didn't win. It is stressful so all the best with your next tenants.

I lost 2lbs this week. I am now very behind in losing all the weight before Sept's return to work. My cdc asked if I was stressed about that fact and I agreed, she said that is what is slowing my losses. Maybe, that and eating cheese and nuts because I am in the house so much. I don't know what will happen next month, I would really like to be healthy eating again soon. I could probably get to the end of Sept but at this rate I will have lost another stone for that. I would be ok with being 11 stone providing I do lose the last stone but eating food. I just feel 6 months will be enough for me on ss. This is a tough journey. Only 2 stones to go and I wish they would just fall off.

As we haven't heard from Puggy for a few weeks, I have advertised her space.

I'm really struggling too, dreading wi tomorrow, as I know I've put on over the holiday, cdc doesn't seem to understand picking as she never did, (I might be being unfair and its just because I feel guilty) I really need to get my motivation back, and stop picking and stay 100% I've decided I'm going to go back on ss as anything that involves food seems to set me off at the moment, maybe if I can stick to ss for a month I can then go back on introducing food.

Greetings from Brussels! Don't have long but thought I'd put on here that I am being good here in Belgium, in spite of the minibar in my room and being bored stupid last night, I bought my blender and jug and enjoyed a hot vanilla before bed....

Off out now, but hope to post more tomorrow, once I'm back home!

well done ali for keping on track - can I have some of your motivation please?
Official wi was as I expected and I have gained 3.5 lbs :sigh:

back to ss day 1 for me as of tomorrow as been out most of the day and already picked, :break_diet: its such as struggle at the moment, cdc was understanding though, next wi is going to be tues again next week as cdc away for weekend, (her normal days are fri/mon) which is good as it gives me a week, to get back on track

We've still not heard about our car, I rang the garage that are supposed to be fixing it, and they said insurance assessor wanted them to strip it down further as there is quite a lot of damage , he's coming back early this week to see it again, and they will decided if to repair it or not. we've still got the hire car though, but would like to know one way or the other as we may have to start looking for a new car.

No harm in looking for a car. My last car broke down last August for the 1st time and it was 10 years old. It was overheating and local garage fixed it, but they hadn't so it went back and forth for a week and couldn't solve it so I started searching online and when it had to go to a 2nd garage and pay over half it's value in repairs then I finally part-exchanged it at a dealer 60 miles away. Can't believe it was a year ago. Still, I do recommend searching online if you know the type of car you want. My male frind bought his last car off ebay, I couldn't do that but he got a good deal and had gone to see it before bidding.

How has today gone? SS must be hard after following a plan with food but I understand your reasons for returnong to it, completely taking food out of the equation. Aren't the school hols starting to whizz by? Shame about the rain.

Alipally, well done sticking to the plan in Brussels, you went well prepared! We are visiting family in Wales this weekend and I will take my packs, it went ok last time so hopefully I can stay strong.

I bought a lovely polka red dress a few weeks back that fits beautifully now. it was brighter than the online pic but I still love it. Of course, I haven't any shoes so dh offered £50 to buy some. Today I decided just to have a look but couldn't find the heel height, right tone and style to match perfectly....until I went in Russell & Bromley and there they were glittering on the shelf. Ended up with the shoes and matching bag for alot more than my budget, damn my store card!! It felt good buying them, I love them and know I won't get to wear them often but it really was a one off. I think I'll wait till dh asks about my shoe search rather than ask for the money. This is so out of character for me but it certainly lifted my mood.

Ha, ha! In the cold light of day I have realised that I have over splurged in R&B so I have decided to return the bag, they cost more than the shoes and weren't an exact match. I called their head office and checked their refund policy because I had only changed my mind afterall. Anyway, tomorrow I will be returning the bag and feeling financially better off for it.

Diets still going ok. Baby was a grizzly nightmare this morning, I think her top 2 teeth are on their way. So, I took her on a long walk around the village in the drizzle, she went straight to sleep and I was left with the quiet. Bliss. As soon as the pram stopped at home she woke up but it was lunchtime so after a feed and drink she was alot happier.

poor baby teething is such a hard time for them. The dress and shoes sound nice, its good to spoil yourself for a change.

I've been at the flat most of the afternoon, cleaning and painting, and its now looking more like it should the letting agent rang someone wants to look at it tomorrow, they know we've still got work to do on it, ut want to look anyway, so thats encouraging.

heard off garage, they've had okay from insurance to repair the car, it was close to being writtem off as repairs are going to cost £3,500, but at least we don't have to look for a new car, even with the insurance money we would probably have to put more money to, to get a decent one, and we really need all the spare cash at the moment- what with the flat, and dd starting uni .

Managed to stay ss but its been so hard, still the day is almost over and it should start to get easier.

This week's weight loss!

WTG Trish! Good on ya for staying SS, esp, when you're really busy and stressed!

Well, I weighed myself.... 2 days later than normal. 3.5lb off this week. I'd be lying if I said that I was delighted, but I'm not devastated either. Afterall, you can't do more than 100% can you?

Due to my sis being at work on a Tuesday, I'm going to be moving my weigh day to Wednesday from next week. Not that it makes any difference to the Saturday figures!!! I'm quite relieved because I don't have to do a 5 day weigh in, which I think would just be too depressing as the weight just isn't moving like it did the first time, but there again, I'm starting from a much lower base than before so I can't expect my body to just give it up, after all it's got less to begin with! Still I'm really hoping to be in the next 'stone zone' next week!

thanks ali, its good to have our "own" cdc on the team, what you've said about what you said about weight not moving like it did first time is so true, and I think that's probably what's getting me down the most, I'm expecting too much as I've only 1 stone to go to get to goal (although once I'm there - if ever- I might lower it more depending how I feel) another busy day ahead, more painting etc, my own house is looking like a tip, and I really need to get down to some housework,but it will have to wait we need to get the flat sorted first.
Waiting for my daughter to wake up, she was working late last night and didn't get in until after 12, then we're of to the bank to sort out her student account,

How did your trip go?

Woo-hoo I was not embaressed but, weirdly, I did get dressed up and full make-up to feel the part to cover the fact that I probably shouldn't have the bag for financial reasons. Went to a different r&b to return them and there were two lovely girls (possibly students) who didn't even question the return. Felt so much more relaxed when the ordeal was over. Baby woke at 4:40 for milk and went back to sleep, however I stayed awake and feel quite tired already. Still, keeping to the diet.

Trisha, good luck with the flat and future tenants, nice to have the regular income rather than having it sit empty. I feel you are being harsh on yourself, you have reached a healthy weight and, presumably, BMI. If you keep moving your goalposts then it will seem a never ending diet.

Alipally, glad to see you back and 3.5lbs is an excellent loss, if they stay like that then your weight will fall off and you'll easily meet your mini goal.

Wez, well done on taking the bag back, it must have been so tempting to keep it.

The viewing got cancelled as the electricians arranged to come and wire in the new oven and hob, the prospective tenant wants to come next week instead which is better as we can get most of the painting finished before they view. We have been lucky, its never really been empty for long, last time there was just 2 days between tenants, but this time has had to be longer as of the work we have to do.

Diet wise had a bit of a wobble yesterday and had a small piece of cheese, when making dd and dh meal aaarrrgghhh! why can't I stop picking!!! luckily I stopped at that and didn't let it turn into a full scale binge, I think its just habit, I cold do with tapeing my mouth when making meals to stop me from absent mindedly putting bits into it.

Off to Manchester shopping today with dd, looking at laptops for when she's at uni, she fancies an apple one but they are so expensive, but not really looked at any others yet.

As an apple Mac user myself I would defo go with the mac.... much more user friendly and it NEVER crashes!

Plus as a student you get a discount on new mac's! Yes it was expensive, and we bought apple care to go with.... it was one of the best investments we ever made! Any problems with it, you just book and appointment online at the genius bar and take it in. The fix on the spot!
The battery life is amazing too!

If preparing food is a problem for you then why not try chewing gum whilst your doing it... cheese and gum are NOT a good combination!

Wez, glad that returning your bag was successful. I have to say I'm a terrible 'returner' I often buy more stuff than I know I'm going to keep and take half of it back after 'auditioning' it at home!!! The other thing I do around Christmas is buy people several different gifts then pick the best one and take back the others! So don't feel bad about 1 handbag, I'm soooo much worse!

Morning ladies!

There am I getting dd organised for infants and you are getting things for your dd for uni! Never used a mac myself, bought a widescreen HP laptop last autumn, love it and had no probs. I recommend cheap software from Pugh as they offer great discounts for students and teachers!. They also have an education site which I get stuff for school. Really quick and reliable too. They were recommended on an ICT course by an inspector so well used in our county.

Trisha, don't be disheartened by a bit of cheese, it won't make much difference providing it doesn't lead to more. I try to have a pint of water 1st to see if the urge to eat goes. Still, when I was grating cheese for dh's meal, I ate some too. Not having it in the house would obviously be the easiest option!

Alipally, how is this week going? Still 100%?

Any plans for the weekend?
We are off to Wales about 9ish as it was my dad's birthday yesterday. We have booked a hotel in Swansea. Really looking forward to it and dd is so excited. Need to be super organised for all baby stuff even though it is for 1 night. Last time we forgot sterilising tablets and enough nappies, luckily there was a Tesco nearby.

Will be back tomorrow evening to post team results.

Hi everyone, we're off to get dd laptop, we had a good look yesterday, although the apple ones were nice she realised that we would still have to get the broadband etc from a provider, so we had a good look arounf and took some details then she researched the different laptops/deals on internet and found carphone warehouse seemed to have the best deal. will have a look at pugh later to see what they have.

Did unofficial wi only lost 1 lb :(, I've really got to stop picking!! picked quite a bit yesterday, Ali I really need some of your motivation!!

Have a great time in wales, Wez.

Hi Wez and Trish...

I'm jealous of your 1lb!!! :jelous: I've been 100% and I'm still the same as I weighed on Thursday :confused: Never happened to me before..... Can't understand it.

Still it's not going to come off any quicker if I start eating, so for now at least I'm not going to!

I'll be really gutted if I STS at my weigh in on Wednesday though, I can tell you! Week 3 is a bit soon to be seeing that!

Ladies, step away from the cheese... it is not a delicious calcium rich snack it's a lump of 40% fat!!!! don't eat it. You'll feel better and virtuous if you just leave it well alone!!!

Have a fab time in Swansea Wez... I'm determined to finish all the blocks of my quilt this weekend... wish me luck!!!

Hi Ali I wish I could be as strong as you, it gets me down when I haven't lost weight and makes me cheat more! as you are so right about the cheese, I keep telling myself that its flavoured saturated fat!!

Thansk for the advice about pugh Wez had a look at their web site and it looks good the microsoft office is cheap, going to get that ordered for her.

I haven't been too bad today, but still not 100%, had a teaspoon of ice cream :(

I don't think a tsp of ice cream will ruin your weightloss tbh!

It's hard when you have to feed the troops though. I only have one son to feed and a get around this by cooking in bulk up front and freezing individual portions.

That way, I put his dinner in the microwave and onto a plate, then put it in front of him... the dog eats any left overs (she may need to go on a diet soon!) and because there's no 'left overs' I'm not tempted.

The dog is my ally without her I'd probably be nibbling anything left around.... :eek:

Team results submitted:
Alipally 1.62%
Wez 1.18%
Trisha 0.71%

Team 1.14%

Hi everyone,, been up at the flat all day painting, its almost ready for new tenants (if we get anyone), so have been almost 100% as no food there, did have a little taste of dh biscuit aaarrgghh, but only a little bit, not had time to go to the gym, may go early tomorrow, then ysts back to the flat to finish off painting.

How was Wales Wez? did you manage to stick to CD?.

Ali sounds like a good idea to make things in bulk and freeze, my daughter has been a great help recently, since she finished her A levels has been making some of the meals.

Back