Team 27 - Weight to go team- The CD Returners

Morning everyone, just off to the gym! then its sorting out the study its a mess!! the item we ordered from pugh has just arrived thanks Wez for the tip about them.

Congrats on your 7lb loss minivix!

Just had my hair cut.. new hairdressers... (oooh errr... my hairdresser left and stopped cutting hair:( I've had the same one for 17 years) So I decided to go to a different Salon.. Toni and Guy!
had a bit of a restyle yesterday which was nice, my hair was shoulder length and now it's in a longish bob! Nice to have some body to it again. Gotta love the hairdresser, he asked if my hair was natural colour! Been colouring it myself for 25 years!:D

Wez, the dentist... it makes me shudder just thinking about what I need doing! 1 filling, 1 extraction and one crown fitting! I've actually been putting it off for a year!

Trish... did you manage a whole day 100%? Hope so. Must join the gym on Monday myself... I really need to do some exercise now... I'm decidedly wobbly!

Well I jumped on the scales this morning and I'm delighted to say that I'm now 14st 13.5lb! Into the next stone zone, I'm delighted! I just hope that that's not all I'm going to lose this week!
Almost the weekend girls! Yay!

Well done ali, yes I managed 100% all day yesterday!! and so far so good today, I'm hoping that "something" has clicked and I can stay that way.

I've gone from shoulder length hair to jaw length over the past 18 months or so, found a really good hairdresser by chance, my normal hairdressers couldn't fit me in, and the girl that did it had gone abroad to work, so I was desparate and I took a chance on another salon and a girl called shelly cut my hair, she gave lots of advice about how I should have it, as I have a lot of hair, but its very fine, and she's cut it ever since, and its never been better. Since I lost weight she suggested trying it shorter, so I went for it. The salon where she worked as just closed down at the end of June, but she has opened her own, and I'm off there to have it cut and have a few highlights/low lights on Tuesday.!!

As for dentists, I didn't use to mind them, but my dentist has given up, took early retirement or something he was on the sick for about a year and you could only get emergency appointments, my original dentist was really good and only did NHS but a large group have finally taken over the practice and although they do NHS they are mainly private, and I'm not sure about them. They seem reluctant to do any crowns, etc and either give you massive fillings or say that a crown isn't possible!! My dentist is Spanish and I find it quite hard to understand him, because of his accent, I should take dd with me as she speaks spanish quite Well!!

Last time I put off the dentist was in 2000 when I moved to Wiltshire. Finally went with severe toothache and then needed an extraction but had to be sedated at the hospital, it was horrid and I just hate going. Relieved no new cavities but dreading having old ones replaced, wish they were permanent.

Well done on your 100% Trisha, wish I could manage it, really doesn't help being at home alot with only a baby to distract me. 3 weeks till I'm back at work.

Alipally, having your hair done is such a pampered feeling, always a risk changing them. When mine was off sick the trainee lad coloured my hair but it wasn't very strong so the manager insisted he do it again so I was there all morning. Need to go again at the end of the month, want something snazzy for my back to work look.

Been shopping today. As it's our anniversary tomorrow, I bought some gifts for dh, supposed to be sugar / iron, well sugar was easy (dark choc) but ended up with irn-bru as a fun throw in, got a guiness tshirt and smellies. Arrived home to find a card from florist that had left a bouquet in our back garden at 9:20, I was home at 11:30 and luckily still in shade but I could have been out all day and come home to wilted compost. It was a local interflora so no excuse. BTW, bouquet was gorgeous and fragrant from dh, pride of place in lounge.

Afternoon all!
Lovely start to day, baby woke at 4 and dh fed her (1st time in ages for him to help during the night) then dd didn't get up till 7 and baby at 8, feel like I've had a good night's sleep.
Dh got me new Reggae cd today and it feels summery, we got married in St Lucia so brings back great memories too. He's taken the girls out so I have pampered myself in the shower. I'd bought a hot facial mask, haven't used one in ages and my skin is radient, really pleased with the results.
Must have bar for lunch soon with a mug of tea then really must tackle some housework as fil is babysitting tonight and it is looking a bit dire. Did 4 washing loads yesterday and last night I took them of the line and sorted them into piles in the lounge and there they've stayed, an easy job to get started!
Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!

Afternoon everyone! still 100% but scales only show 1lb loss :( , so a bit disappointed.

Happy anniversary Wez are you going somewhere nice?

We're off to my sisters later, it was her birthday yesterday and she's having a bit of a get-together, I'll drive as I'm not drinking, and the dh can have a pint, he's been working non-stop, for the past 2 weeks as when he finished at work he's been going straight up to the flat and only getting home between 8:30 and 9 pm most nights. He's also been working weekends, today he's doing a job for my newphew, which he won't charge for.

I've still got loads of housework to catch up on at home, by the time I've been to the gym and done bits of shopping there doesn't seem enough time - how I find time to work I don't know ! wish I could win the lottery so I could be a "lady who lunches" but thats not going to happen. Its only 2 weeks left for me before I have to go back to work :( for some reason we've only had 6 weeks this summer, we normally have 7, don't know where the other week has gone.

Enjoy your trip to restaurant Wez... Hope you had a great anniversary.. Nice that your man still sends you flowers, mine's too tight... he brings them home from Tesco's!

Hope that the housework isn't too arduous Trish! And you enjoy your night out tonight too... Oh well another night in front of the TV awaits me :rolleyes: I'm really missing my OH this week, you've no idea... 8 weeks so far... I still haven't booked a flight yet, wish he was working somewhere romantic instead of boring boring Germany... Dusseldorf is just NOT exciting!

I've had 4 loads of washing on the line this morning, and just bought it all back in lovely and dry and smelling divine! So, just feeling pleased with myself when I realise that now I've created 4 loads of ironing for myself. I've stripped the beds, so I'm hoping that the weather holds long enough to get the sheets dried on the line... I love the smell of them when they're line dried.

I'm still staying 100% but have just made a butterscotch layer cake which I did taste a fingertip of the cream cheese icing... Now I can hear the thing calling me! I'm not going to eat it though, I can always make another when I'm done dieting!

Hope everyone else is having a fabulous day!

Well done on resisting the cake ali, I couldn't be as strong. My daughter and her boyfriend have made the meal for this evening Veg lasagne - they are getting in some practice for when they are at uni.

I need to change the beds as well but I'll leave it until tomorrow, not much chance of line drying for me its poring down and the same is forcast for tomorrow, still I can hope that they are wrong. I don't know how you cope ali with your husband being away for so long,

LOL! the kids making dinner! our eldest used to cook 2 meals a week when he was in sixth form.... Sometimes I helped (taught!) but during the second year, I just ate the fruits of his labour!
I told him, I was teaching him a life skill that would impress the ladies no end!!
Last time I looked at his facebook, his housemates had posted piccies of him cooking the Sunday roast! ;)

Cake is just cake... like I said, it's not like I can't bake another when I'm not on this crazy diet!
As for hubby....
I miss him soo much it actually physically hurts sometimes.:(, The one thing that keeps me going is that he will be so surprised when I see him next, because I'll be at least 2 stone lighter! :D, i spend a considerable amount of time imagining how he'll react when I see him! Skype doesn't do anyone justice!!! ;)

Wez.... How did we do in the tournament this week????

Team 1.65%

minivix 3.41%
wez 1.19%
alipally 0.94%
trisha 0.71%

Would love it when kids make me dinner, even dh never bothered. He once made his signature dish, chicken in bacon, but has never done it since. But that is down to roles, I wouldn't want to do the garden or sort all the recycling and bins out.

When are you going to see your dh ali? Is it the bank holiday weekend (mini goal)?

Hope you had a good night Trisha! I drove too, it didn't bother me just wanted to get out.

Had a lovely meal last night at a local hotel with a brasserie. had chicken caeser (carb-free) to start, followed by perch steak and green veggies & green salad for mains. Wasn't tempted by the desserts, had sparkling water to drink followed by a pot of tea to finish. was in control and happy, gained .5lb this morning but not worried AND stayed 100% today as we have been busy. Only Tesco, a drive and a kids party but out of the house and, more importantly, the kitchen.

It didn't rain after all today, so we went for a long walk.

Had a good time at my sisters, one of my other sisters went as well, so it was good to catch up, as with working etc don't get to see each other much, they are both nurses and are often working weekends or on shifts and I'm normally at work during the week week, etc.

I've not been 100% today :( picking again aarrgghhh!!! , hoping to be back on track tomorrow.

Sounds like you had a lovely meal Wez and the small weight gain will only be temporary,

ali well done on teaching your son how to cook etc, I be he's popular with his friends.

Not had a good day today been picking AARRGGHHH!!

The car should have been ready today but the garage rang to say is going to be the end of next week as they have found more damage, don't know why they didn't find it 4 weeks ago when they stripped the car back for insurance co, but at least we still have the hire car,

I see minivix was the biggest loser !! well done mini.

Congratulations Mini! This week's biggest loser WTG!!

Well today is day 29... so I've done 4 weeks of 100% SS! So pleased with myself! :D The only fly in the ointment is that I've not lost the lbs I was expecting (ie the sort of losses I had when I did this the first time around:sigh:) But I know that I can't do anymore than 100%... although I could drink more water! Most days I manage 2.5l... so my mission for this week is to aim for 4l per day by the end of the week, and see if that makes a difference to the weight... Weigh day tomorrow, and then the scales are going back into the garage and I will have a week without them, well if I can survive that long:rolleyes:.

Glad that you girls have discovered being out of the house aids your abstinence!
Right I'm going to see if I can grab a couple of hours sleep... wish me luck!

Thanks guys, so glad I've managed to earn my place on the team and haven't let you all down. Second week weigh-in tomorrow, I'm hoping for an 8lb loss this week, fingers crossed.

What is is about cars at the mo? I had to take ours back to the garage again today, some delightful oik keyed it ten days after we got it back the last time (DH reversed into a garden wall on Father's Day). This time around we were visiting friends and must've parked in someone's favourite spot - we were only there two hours! To top that, when we get it back from the insurers it needs to go back to the dealership because it keeps stalling at the most inconvenient of times (it's auto-transmission) and chugs in, 'first' gear. It needs a new mechatronics unit, whatever that is, it's been on order for a month and needs to be made from scratch apparently.

To forget the car trouble, I'm off for a facial later to use up some vouchers I found in the drawer that I'd forgotten about which expire next week (lucky I found them when I did). Not been for one for over a year but the last time the girl massaged my feet too so I'd better wash them again before I go just in case!

Have a good day! x

Hi everyone,

hope you enjoyed your facial minivix.

I've been to he hairdresser this morning fo a cut and highlights/lowlights its quite short at he back but longer at the front. Been to Ikea this afternoon getting for stuff for dd at uni pots/pans bedding etc. now going to catch up on some housework to take my mind off food!!

Hey all, well done mini on your tournament achievement!!! That is a big goal, 8lbs wow.
Sad to report only lost .5lbs this week. Spoke at length to cdc and she persuaded me to have a meal so I am using a side plate for a green salad, ham & cottage cheese. Doesn't go with porridge obviously so having a gap between the too. Onion is repeating on me, probably because digestive system is really not used to it. I told her that my goal at the start was Sept and that is nearing fast. She sympathised with my lack of food for so long and knows my enthusiasm has been weakening. Yes, there are lots of diets out there, yes cd works if you stick to it. I really believe i am coming to the end of my time with cd over Sept. I still need to lose 1 stone to fit in my work trousers comfortably and a further .5 or 1 stone to get to goal. I think I will need a change of journey. Have to be careful though, last time I changed from cd to sw I put on a stone. Slim fast could be a good choice, eating less. Too much going on right now to think about it. Dd needs some uniform & shoes still and I need to get my head into gear for teaching a world war 2 topic from sept, plus baby will get the shock of her life starting nursery when she is getting pretty clingy right now.

Hope you ladies enjoyed your pampering at the hairdressers / beauty salon! Could really do with that right now.

In case you haven't looked, we came 2nd!!!

1.79% Chasing Butterflies (29)
2568d1219874696-team-7-fat-fighters-main-thread-star.bmp
W31
2999d1226167441-pink-star-pink-star.bmp
W31 butterfly (2.65%)

1.65%Weight to go (27)
W13
W13
W19 4 results minivix (3.41%)

1.26% SKINNY BEATCHS (24)
W10
W17
W19
W21
W27
W17
W27 3 results Roberta (1.78%)

% CD W8 Warrior Princesses!*** (21)
W16
W26
W28
W16
W21
W26
W28
W32 no results

yay for us!!!

My loss for this week is 2.5lb, bit better than last week, but not much. I'm committing to drinking 4l of water a day for the next week to see if it makes any difference. I only have 2 more weeks of SS I think before I'll have to have a break, I'm going to monitor it (I usually start passing out at week 7, so I"ll watch for the 'dizzy' signs and stop when they start happening!)

Bad luck with your 0.5lb Wez, maybe the little food will help with your campaign... Long term it's really hard to keep total abstinence going.
Right, off to see if I can get a bit of sleep because this has been really hard to type!

Back