Team 27 - Weight to go team- The CD Returners

WTG mini biggest loser again!!!

Wez I think I'll find it a lot easier when I'm back at work, no fridge full of food etc, I also think it will be easier when dd has gone to uni, although I'm going to miss her, she is veggie like me so there is always food in fridge, and I make meals that I like, once she's gone dh will be happy to have fish/chicken etc and I won't be tempted.

WTG Mini!!!

My weight loss is gonna be good this week... I've already lost 5lb (providing it doesn't magically reappear on Wednesday morning!)
I'll be delighted with that even if I don't lose another ounce this week!
How's the water going Trish?

Wez, are you ready for your return to work yet?

Superstar Mini, doing yourself proud!

Well we came 2nd (not sure what is happening to the other teams though):
1.69% Chasing Butterflies (29)
2568d1219874696-team-7-fat-fighters-main-thread-star.bmp
W31
W33
2999d1226167441-pink-star-pink-star.bmp
W31 Angelchaser (2.14%)

1.47%Weight to go (27)
W13
W13
W19
W33 4 results Minivix (3.54%)

% CD W8 Warrior Princesses!*** (21)
W16
W26
W28
W16
W21
W26
W28
W32 not enough results

% SKINNY BEATCHS (24)
W10
W17
W19
W21
W27
W17
W27 not enough results

STS this week. Fine with that, it is not a gain. Don't think I'll do aam this week though.

Trisha, sounds like a good plan to give dh food you won't eat. Do you still have to cook the meals or will he?

Ali, 5lbs is fab, your plan is working. It will probably be more by Wednesday the rate you are going. Your mini goal date is only a week away, what do you think you will do for your next goal?
I am looking forward to starting back. To have a new focus again plus I do love teaching, plus I'll be hands-free for 3 days a week. I hope I get a better work / life balance only working part-time. When I was full time, I felt I was living for everyone else and continuously behind with the paperwork and deadlines. I am not intending to work at home on Mon/Tues as that is counterproductive, however I should be generating less workload to take home. Due to childcare, I'll have to leave between 4/4:30 so I won't get much done after school. I do feel anti-social working through my breaks but at least I have less to take home.

ali well done on the weight loss - so far this week 5 lbs is excellent !!I'm drinking loads of water but up to now not showing up on the scales :( hoping it will catch up soon!!

Wez, it's a good idea to do some work in your breaks if it means there is less to take home, and you don't want to be doing school work on your days off,

I've been painting the cloakroom, its only a small space but its taken ages. AS for the meals when dd is at uni, I will probably still cook them as I get in much earlier than dh, but he wouldn't mind doing them for himself if it would help me and my diet, he often cooks the meal on Sundays as he enjoys cooking.

Good afternoon ladies... another 1/2lb off today :D

I might even get 6lb off for the week when I weigh in tomorrow!

That will be my biggest every loss in one week on SS (Discounting the first couple of weeks) tbh, I don't know if it's the water or whether I was due a good week because the last two have been somewhat lacking on the weight loss front:confused:
Nevertheless, I'm glugging the water and am already 2.7litres down!
I'm due a no.2 too, so maybe that will help with tomorrows weigh in! (sorry TMI!)
Trish, Glad you're getting all those jobs done before term starts in earnest. Wez, I too think that working through your breaks will make the time at home worthwhile!

Hiya all

Ali, you are still doing so well. Must be great to look forward to a wi!!

Trisha, the water is bound to catch up isn't it? I mean, it flushes the fat out. It certainly won't be doing you any harm anyway.

How ridiculous is this. I spend most of the day in the house (except nursery run & 30 min stroll), I am quite happy in my own company and baby has been in a chatty babbling mood today. So, dd watched tv, about 5pm, she hears a couple of girls outside playing (neighbours) & asks to play. They are all scooting around on the drives, no prob, I chat to the mum with baby stuck on hip. The girls are sisters (3 & 6) and dd joins them to play in their garden wendy house. 5 mins later dd opens door and asks if they can play in our garden. As they do, 3 year old asks why dd hasn't many toys to play with: there is a swing, scooter, chalks, large balls & hula hoops. It is late in the day & I'm carrying baby so don't want to get everything out of the garage. I told her that it was a cheeky question and that we keep the outside toys in the garage so the weather and bird mess doesn't damage them. The older girl & dd do lovely art on our patio, little girl smudges all her sisters work who gives little reaction & I explain it is unkind, she goes to do it to dd's art and my heckles rise and firmly tell her to stop. She sulks & wants to go. They want to come in the house after glaring through the windows but I didn't want them in, playing with (breaking) our toys. The 2 girls complained of chalky hands so dd got baby wipes. They wanted to go back on their scooters, it was 5 to 6 so I explained I wanted dd in at 6 for tea. She came back screaming as she'd falled and cut her knees. Blimey, I'd really had enough now, the garden was a mess, baby was tired and needed to go to bed, I needed to sort tea for dd and she screamed for 15 mins. Aaargh, she is a drama queen and milks sympathy. Glad when they were both in bed and serenity reigned.
The girls go to a private school/nursery and youngest comes across as so spoilt. I would be horrified if dd behaved like that in a neighbour's garden. I did get wound up by this afternoon and really reluctant to allow them in again when dh isn't here. Does it seem like an over reaction? Don't want to be un-neighbourly, rarely seem to chat anyway.
Still, drove me to eat peanuts! Grrr.

You and blooming nuts Wez!!!
What would you eat if there were none in the house?????

I guess that celery sticks and cucumber slices don't have the desired effect huh... even a couple of slices of ham or chicken would be better.... each peanut contains 9 calories... and when did anyone only eat a single peanut???
Next time you reach for them... STOP and think if you're grabbing them because you're hungry or if there is some other reason?
If it's some other reason then you need to think of another way of dealing with it, be it stress, or anxiety, resentment (big one for me!) or just being tired.... Chin up babes, don't dwell on it and move onwards and downwards!!

Well weigh in this morning and I'm very proud to announce that my weekly loss this week is 6.5lb!!! :D:D:D How cool is that?!!
So, for me, this week, at least, the extra water has definitely had a positive effect

'dd got her A level results 5 grade A's'
:DWOW!!! How did I miss that?! You must be so proud of her, well done dd that's amazing!!! x:D
Well, just had weigh-in...
another 6lb gone :eek:
V pleased of course but, still feel HUGE.

WELL DONE ALI, FAB WEIGHTLOSS! x

Last edited:
Reactions: vj
well done mini and ali, what a fantasic loss. ali the water doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment gained 1lb this morning
:( hoping this will change soon, still glugging the water in the hope it has the desired effect.

Wez it's not an over reaction, the little girl sounds spoilt, I would have been horrified if dd had ever behaved like that, but some parents don't seem to care. I can remember similar events when dd was young,

Fantastic Ali and Mini. You two are doing great. That weight is coming off fast.
Ali, I know, as I will admit, if I didn't buy nuts then I wouldn't eat them. No-one else in the house eats them. Obviously, don't buy them.

Trisha, it is soul destroying when the scales go up when you are trying so hard. I hate it, fluctuating scales. Still, the inches should be losing.

Feeling better about yesterday, spoke to dh this morning and he said he wouldn't have let them in either. Anyway, went on small shopping spree today. Dentist had told me to get a rechargeable toothbrush so I went into Boots, they are 1/2 price and I could get them on points. Bought dd a kids battery one too, would hate for her to have a filling, I monitor her tooth brushing each time but it has had bad press recently. Also, bought Garnier Footcocoon (moisturiser) & a funky purple nail varnish (called Minx!!) so feet are well and truely pampered this evening, they hadn't been looking too good recently maybe because I live in my fitflops, even in the rain.
Bought underwear and jewellery too. As I'm back at work next week, it'll be good to have fresh stuff for me.

Baby is having a hour settling in visit tomorrow at nursery. Hope I don't embaress myself and cry. Remember leaving dd, felt like my heart was being wrenched out, didn't cry till I got to the car then had a real blub when I got home. She is going for a 2nd hour on Friday then will be in for blocks next week, Thursday she'll be 8-5, just starting to feel guilty for her now. I know dd loves it there and doesn't want to leave next Friday, another day to cry!

Trish, we both know the weight HAS to move eventually, it's just a waiting game..... trying and taxing though it is!

Wez, you know really that you'll both be fine, but it doesn't change the emotional wrench you're feeling at the moment. I'm sure that you're not the first mum to cry when they leave their baby to go back to work... and I know you won't be the last!

Love the thought of buying new undies!! But I'm going to wait a little bit longer before I splash out! Flip flops do nothing for the state of my feet either, I find myself grating away hard skin with a callous file all the time in the summer! (Sorry probably TMI!)

Mini, another fabulous week for you. You'll be at target before me easily, with those fabulous losses!

Wez lucky you a shopping spree, what I wouldn't give for one of those, but having just paid £1,300 for dd's accommodation for first term (until Christmas) I think a shopping spree will have to wait. Baby will be fine at nursery, it will be you that won't be, I remember leaving dd at nursery when she was a baby, I felt so guilty, but she loved it there, once you are at work you'll be to busy to think about it, and you'll be able to spend lots of time and attention on her on your days off. I bet dd is looking forward to starting school, she'll feel so grown up.

scales are still not treating me right shows another 1lb gain :( hoping its just fluid retention of totm (all over the place at the moment so could well be).

I'm off out with a friend for the day, so its a salad for lunch.

I am really going to have to buckle down and get stuck into this diet and do it properly, in a way I'll be glad when the holidays are over and I can get back to some form of routine,

halls, are Soooo expensive aren't they Trish!

My eldest did 2 years in halls, cost me a fortune, he's sharing a house this year, which is marginally cheaper, but not by much!
I do hope those devil scales deliver better news today! Although if TOM is due then you'll probably have to wait a bit longer for satisfaction!

Well, today, I've booked my flights to see OH, I leave in less than 2 weeks. He's no idea about the diet and I'll be 2 stone lighter by the time I see him!

So plan.... Well, I'm due to start 810 on Tuesday, but I'm going to risk a few days of SS+ until saturday (I've not had very many dizzy spells yet, so I'm sure I'll be fine, it is a bit more food after all ;) then 810 until I leave. I plan to have some time on 1200, whilst I'm away, (but I'm sure I'll be burning more calories... it's been a while ladies!:eek:) Then back to SS for a final 6 weeks before moving up through the plans!

Does that sound reasonable to you guys?

Sounds like a good plan ali, but you can't wait to see OH how long are you staying for?

Scales haven't moved yet, but its def totm all other signs are now there so hopefully in a couple of days scales will start to move.

Spent the morning at the gym, was talking to this woman who knows me, I sort of recognise her but I have no idea where from, I know she's in the same line of work as me and now works in a childrens centre, because she told me that she's now working there, I also think she sort of lives near me, and maybe she's been a course with me , or maybe when dd was small saw her a some toddler group because she was talking about her daughter, as though I would know her, I didn't want to say "sorry haven't a clue who you are", if I see her again I'll have to pump her for more info in the hope it rings a bell.

Ali, plan sounds perfect. We aren't going to argue with a cdc are we?? Your losses are super so you it shouldn't be a problem.

That's funny Trisha, maybe the lady mistook you for someone else. id she know your name? Conversation must have been awkward or one-sided. You may just have to ask her outright who she is.
I feel for you on your gains, scales are erratic for me too. I think I am just fed up of not eating now. We are off to a bbq tomorrow and I'll have some, fed up of being deprived in social situations.
Had a flyer for a new local hairdresser with 15% discount, so gave it a try today. I had a restyle, red colour all over with blond and brown streaks put in, wanted a choppy bob with a half fringe over an eye. Really pleased with the result and think I'll be able to keep it up myself. Offered a half price manicure so booked that in with a pedicure for 8th Sept, something to look forward to after 1st week back.
It arrived. The ijoyride. It does feel like a bucking bronco, it has various settings but I like the auto which speeds it up and slows it down. It is big though and it won't be able to stay in the lounge but have to wait for dh to carry it upstairs. Enjoying it and bum muscles ache so that should be toning up at least.

Well ladies, my time on cd is coming to an end. I think I'll do a healthy eating diet starting next week. So, I'll get the results in this weekend and keep taking the packs for the next couple of days. I have found a plan in a mag to lose a stone in 6 weeks, that'll suit me, providing it works! I'll keep posting here over the weekend but thought it was fair to let you all know as I have made my mind up. I doubt it'll come as any surprise to you.
I have really appreciated being in a team and enjoyed getting to know you all. I am doing the right thing, my home/work life is about to move in a different direction and think food needs to be part of that for me now.

:( Sad that you're leaving us...:) Happy that you've found a plan that you feel comfortable with. Doing low calorie is a lot more forgiving than a VLCD when your halo falls from time to time. I'm sure that you'll feel more comfortable with it.
:DEven happier that you'll still post on the thread!

I need to hear more about this ijoyride! Does it come with a video? Is there music or is it just boring (except for the bucking bronco bit!) Do you think it's enough fun for you to keep it up long term, or do you think it will be a handy clothes horse in a few months time??? (can you tell I've bought loads of 'clothes horses!!)
You hair sound devine! A new look for your return to work! how's the nursery thing going? I just love someone else doing my pedicure, the polish always looks great when someone else does it!

I'm going for 18 days.... I will be lovely and golden by the time I fly back! (I'm pale and blonde, so golden is as good as it gets, next shade is red!)

Having some woman chat to you about this and that as if she knows you when you haven't really got a clue as to her identity!!! Too funny! Maybe next time she'll 'reveal' a little more! Or you could just ask 'Do you remember the first time we met?!' and see what she says.... it might jog a few memory cells!!!

Wez sorry you're leaving us :( , but if you've found a plan that suits you and fits in with your life style thats good. cd is hard to do at best of times but with 2 little ones and starting back in a demanding job, I can understand why you've decided to do low cal. Your new hair style sounds lovely, wish I had the courage to have different coloured streaks, I just have various shades of blond, I have blonde hair naturally, but it used to be very light blonde, but over the years has gone a touch darker. How did your baby go on at nursery, and how were you leaving her? Keep in touch,

Ali 18 days wow you are lucky, I'm pale as well and only go golden or red!!!

As for the woman I do recognise her but can't remember where from, I think its probably a course, but as she thinks I know her daughter it could be something the kids did like swimming or dancing lessons, where you get to see other mums, to chat to when either watching or picking them up ect, so you know them by sight to say hello to and chat but not really "know" them, if you know what I mean.

Hello old Team , how are you going ?
I'm on day 3 today of my restart , but just called by to wish you all well on your slimming !
I have put more than ever on and making a CD come back , ouch painful

Back