Team 27 - Weight to go team- The CD Returners

Hey MsJMC, you had a lot to get through. You came back when it is right for you. Good luck with your journey again. I haven't done as well as I'd hoped but I need to eat now.

Ooh Ali, off to see the sun. How lucky, hope going up the plan a bit works for you. Will be good to see dh again after missing him for so long.
At the mo, I am doing ijoyride in front of the tv and it is so easy, just hope I get the results. I really like the auto mode as it changes without warning. It comes with a dvd of exercises but haven't tried it yet as just enjoying the ride! I hope it doesn't become a clothes horse (like the exercise bike that eventually went to freecycle). It stops after 15 mins which works for me. Their website videos are good too.

Hey Trisha. I am pleased still with my hair, the style has survived 2 nights and plan to wash it tonight so that'll be the true test.
Have you any results this week?

Mini 3.14%
Ali 3.12%
Wez 0%

Team 2.21%

Sorry Wez thought I'd posted lost 0.5 lb :(

been out all day walking, but it's started to rain now, glad the ijoyride is working out, I think I'll stick to gym for now, I have a "cross trainer step" machine under the stairs that I never use, and I think any other equipment would probably go the same way, I did have an exercise bike as well but I sold that.

Wez, can you still stay on the team? I don't really know the rules, but who would know - you could just post your low cal losses.

Thank you girls , and hope you win the cd team , I see you have done well on them .
give them a run for their weight hehe

catch you up again i'm sure !!!

Results posted
Mini 3.14%
Ali 3.12%
Trisha 0.36%
Wez 0%

Team 1.85%

Wez, can you still stay on the team? I don't really know the rules, but who would know - you could just post your low cal losses.

I love being part of a team so I'm happy to stay here. Obviously, my results shouldn't be entered, although they may be better than my recent cd ones!. Prepared for a gain in the 1st week because it is a return to eating but the diet is based on the Scarsdale Medical diet so is high in protein and low in calories. Been making banana bread, fruit salad and roasting a chicken to prepare for tomorrow as we are off to the zoo for the day. Hmm, hope it won't be a problem if I mention food.

We haven't heard from Miss M and Daisey doo for a number of weeks now. I've pm'd Msjmc to see if she is interested in returning. If the others are around then I'm not an official member anyway. If it's ok I'll keep posting as life will be weird anyway for the next month. It'll be great keeping up with you guys. Cheers Trisha, didn't want to beg...

Hey Wez, I remember the scarsdale diet, I did it years and years ago, and lost loads of weight, when I eventually finish cd I intend to do something like the scarsdale, I still have the original book, and diet sheet, and I could recite the 14 day diet off by heart even now, only now I'm almost a veggie (I eat tuna) I'd have to substitute tuna for all the meat or the substitute lunch (cottage cheese), but it is a very good diet and unlike atkins is low in fat

Morning everyone, well last day of the holidays for me, back to work tomorrow :( , although it will be good to get into some form of routine, and hopefully help with the diet. It is so hard going back to school after having had 6 weeks off, I think its because you get out of routine, shouldn't complain, I used to work in a "normal" job and only had 22 days holiday a year.

Hurrah!!! What a way to go out Wez!!! Nothing like quitting when you're on top!

A winning team!!!

Ha! When I had 0% too. Great work team, I'm so proud!!!!

Had a lovely day at the zoo yesterday, it was fab. Didn't want ice-cream, although dh, who is following plan with me, did. He is eating more than me but he is over 6ft 3 so I think he'll be fine.

Baby did not like nursery today, she was left 9-1 and only ate half her lunch and had no sleep. Completely out of routine, although I'd let them know what it was. She was so pleased to see me, relief, but punished me at bedtime when she cried for ages before going to sleep.
Tried to get school shoes for dd. Spent an hour in Russell & Bromley, ticket system so had 23 and they were on 99, then she tried on 8 pairs of shoes and none would fit. We went to clarks, tried 5 pairs, one did fit but we ordered them in patent as they were quite bulky, like trainers as they had 2 rows of velcro, both me and dh have wide feet so she has the fat feet gene too. Hopefully we will have them before Monday.

How was work Trisha? Feels like you haven't had a holiday, doesn't it? Hope you timetable was sorted out.
I went in this morning to plan with team teacher so we are sorted till half term. Hopefully we can get the classroom sorted tomorrow as the kids are in on Thursday (my girls are at nursery 8-5, hope baby will cope).

So, who wants to be the new team leader? Shouldn't be me really as not doing the diet.
Miss M pm'd me that she will be back my mid week or start of next week.
Msjmc didn't want to join a team.
Haven't heard back from Daiseydoo.
I should be replaced even though I'll stay and gossip.

Hi everyone, Well first day back was rubbish:wave_cry: feels like we've never been away. My timetable isn't finalised yet but is looking pretty bad :cry: much as I expected, I've not got the nice year 11 boy, who I have built up a good relationship with, but one of the new year 7's who is supposed to be pretty difficult :mad: senco has played around with everyones timetables and some Ta's will be upset tomorrow when they get theirs. i've really had enough already and the kids aren't even back in until Thursday, so I'll be scanning the job sheets/websites before too long,

Sounds like you had a good day at the zoo, well done for resisting the ice cream. How is the scarsdale diet going? have you lost any weight? you must keep us infofrmed.

'Bye Wez, good luck with everything and hope it works out for you. x

Had a busy week this week (if I start writing about it, it'll turn into a rant) but still managed to pull off a 4lb loss. Have a feeling it'll be down-hill from here-on-in, will stick with SS until I reach a plateau / feel faint. Now weigh 181lb.

Sorry for short msg, dd is driving me NUTS today - it all started with an entire bottle of body lotion being poured into a bowl and scrubbed into the toilet seat (and carpet) with her toothbrush at 7:30am and doesn't seem to be getting any better. Oh well, typical 2 yr old I guess? ttfn x

well done on the loss mini 4 lbs is a great loss.

sounds lilke you've got your hands full with dd, yes typical 2 year old, but they are so cute at that age!!

Had another bad day at work, kids are back in tomorrow, so I will meet my "delightful" new charge,

Its pouring down at the moment, I was going to go to the gym, but after the day I've had can't be bothered, feel like getting some chocolate, good job there's none in the house or else it would be gone!!

Great job Mini, weight is coming down well, lucky you.
I haven't stepped on scales, which is good for me. I want to wait till Monday to get the full week.

Dd sounds a handful at the mo, it really sets the mood for the day, we hace same issues with our dd, her moods are as changeable as a teenager, hopefully school will calm her down.

Trisha, it is a shame you had a bad start. Trying to sort classroom as teacher who covered my maternity left it in a state. Hope I can sleep tonight & not worry about it.

Any thoughts on a new team leader? It is really best if I don't do it.

Wez, I will do it, if there are no more takers, if you don't mind doing it until the end of September as I'll be away.... :)

I'll also need some coaching on how you work out those figures... it's a mystery to me!

Hope school goes well today, and you manage to sort out the classroom. Hope that baby gets used to nursery quickly too.

Same wishes for you too Trish... I just have to think about finding another job when I get back at the end of the month!

My weight loss for this week is 3.5lb! Pleased with that...

Last edited:
Well done on the weight loss ali, fine by me for you to be team leader you'll make a great one, I'm really struggling at the moment, but now we are back to normal at school, and in some form of routine should find it easier, tue/wed were dreadful, and came home with splitting headache, and the need of some food, but much better today. so hoping I can stay on track. its wi on monday for me and not looking forward to it sure I will have gained :( just hope I can pull it back for the remainder of the week. Might see if I can change wi to Tues to give me a fighting chance.

Wez hope the classroom is sorted, what are your new class like? Do you want a new TA? I know a good one .... trouble is you're too far away for me to travel to every day.

Last edited:
hi everyone tgif and as a colleague said "35 gets ups" does it sound like we're a happy bunch at work? today actually hasn't been too bad, new charge is a bit like an unexploded bomb, I'm just waiting for him to blow up, he had a bit of a rant yesterday lunch, only been in school for 3 hours! but today he's been okay.

Diet wise done much better deceided to take your advice ali, but instead of having a meal on SS+ had a hot choc shake as soon as I got in form work, and have just had a soup, (so I'm having 4 packs instead of 3) and up to now seems to have curbed my urge to pick.

just to let you know the extra pack worked :) !!! its early days, but for the first time in a very long time I didn't pick !!!! I didn't have the extra milk, just the pack, so I'm going to do the same today, and hopefully will be able to be 100%, off to the gym now

Thanks Ali, calculations are easy. I use formulas in Excel so computer does it for me. Super loss, well done.

Trisha, glad the extra packs are helping curb cravings. I was such a nibbler on cd. Glad to report that I choose apples now. Are you getting stressed by your job already? It is tough enough getting back in routine, on Thursday I got up 30 mins before family for some quiet time to get myself ready and have breakfast before chaos kicked in. Do you want your wi to be Tuesday here too, rather than your unofficial Saturday one?

What a manic couple of days.
Back to work & lovin' it, except tedious paper work. Class are lovely, they were very nervous on the 1st day but we had a better rapport yesterday. Sorry Trisha, my ta is fab, our school is lovely and has very little staff movement, I've been here over 6 years and there have been no new tas.
Dd had her final day at nursery so Thurs evening we baked 24 fairy cakes and a 8" sponge, I'd got high school musical cake toppers (TG for Ebay!). Finished at 9 then had to get stuff ready for my work.
Not been sleeping well, hardly surprising really. Baby still waking about 1 or 2 in the morning, then my brain goes into overdrive and it takes over an hour before I can get back to sleep. Really missed her on Thursday and rushed out of work to collect her. Nice to think I'm not back till Wednesday so we can spend lots of time together.
Diet and ijoyride still going well, have to wait for wi on Monday to see if food has made a gain.

Back