TEAM 4 restart - Moving Mountains

Good Morning everyone...

Hope you've all had a good weekend and Kelly you are feeling better!? ;)

I had a pretty crappy start to the weekend (arguement with OH but pretty much all sorted now). But was in a good mood last night as weighed myself and according to my scales (which always seem to match up with CDCs) I have lost 4lb since Thursday! So that has put me in a fab positive mood! Plus the fact that I went out shopping, went into the Levi shop (OH wanted to have a look) and as they were having a sale I tried on some jeans (34 waist) and they were TOO BIG!!!!!!!!! :D:D

So I tried on the 32 and they were a little bit snug... but they are a 32!!! So I got them along with 2 size Medium Tops!! I LOVE CD......

Hope everyone has a positive week!

Still no sign of LISA...??

Hello all! Glad to hear things are alright ELAY :) How is everyone else?

WI tonight for me...so keep your eyes peeled for the ticker changing :)

I'm grand, nothing to report. Oh my boring life!

xx

Help me guys I've gone completely off the rails!!!!:cry: Since I came off CD for the hen do I've just gone nuts with the junk food!!!:cry::cry::cry:
I need an intervention or something!

Oh dearie me Kelly. That was silly! Took me a good 6 months to get my mindset in place. You have to want to do this for yourself. Intrinsic motivation is needed. Of course, we can all suggest things like looking at pictures for inspiration, thinking about why you want to do this, chucking out all the pesky things you have in your house. In the end...that's all external and not necessarily more powerful than your desire to munch things. I know this from personal experience...!

So...my point being that if you truely and honestly want this more than eating, then you'll sort it out. You'll go with your intrinsic motivation. Try not to think too much about what you've eaten and look forward.

Sorry this isn't a super supportive post, but I'm not always about the support all the time...sometimes people don't really benefit from being told that everything is fine, that they'll be ok and here's how to fix it. The onus is on you. You need to fix it. You need to decide.

I do hope you had a good time at your hen do though :)

xx

Kelly.....

I'm sorry that you seem to have lost focus! You just need to try and get yourself back into the right mindset and only you can do that!

Think of all the reasons why you started CD in the first place, what you wanted to acheive and what you have achieved already! What do you want more...JUNK FOOD or TO FEEL HAPPY AND COMFORTABLE in your own skin?

I know it is hard, but at the end of the day this is not for ever, once you've got to goal and been maintaining, then you can treat yourself to Yummy Foods.

Kelly, come on girl... you can do it and you know deep down you can. So stop Faffing about and get back on it!

BIG HUGS xxx

Oh dearie me Kelly. That was silly! Took me a good 6 months to get my mindset in place. You have to want to do this for yourself. Intrinsic motivation is needed. Of course, we can all suggest things like looking at pictures for inspiration, thinking about why you want to do this, chucking out all the pesky things you have in your house. In the end...that's all external and not necessarily more powerful than your desire to munch things. I know this from personal experience...!

So...my point being that if you truely and honestly want this more than eating, then you'll sort it out. You'll go with your intrinsic motivation. Try not to think too much about what you've eaten and look forward.

This is what I've always loved about you Nicole...you get to the point. No beating around the bush ;)

Sometimes it can be uncomfortable to read, but the advice is absolutely spot on.

Sorry this isn't a super supportive post, but I'm not always about the support all the time...
I actually think it's a very supportive post. I hope you take it as such Kelly, because posts like this are to help you get up, rather than to tell you that all is okay whilst you lie there in the road.

So come on Kelly. You know the score. You chose to come off the diet, it's going to need a ton of focus to get back on it. You can do that. 100% tomorrow eh

Oh, and whilst we're at it. I'm all for intrinsic motivation. It's the only way. Extrinsic works very short term. I haven't read the whole thread, so don't know what Coley is referring to :D, but whatever, take it on board mate ;)

((((((((((((kelly))))))))))))))))

I totally agree with pp. It's gonna take a lot of focus but if 'you're' determined you'll get back on it...but you have to be ready.

I lost the weight for this wedding i went to in may and it threw me completely I've only just restarted so for a month I was up and down. It's so hard to get back on it. But I feel like I've done really well this week and felt like I did when I originally started doing cd.

You'll know what's important deep down and how to get back on it. Remember we are here for you.

On another note - has no one had any weigh ins recently. Thats the part of being in a team that motovates me the most. Seeing how people are doing?:sigh:

I have mine today feeling good about it as i can feel the difference for sure...that has really made more focused too:)

Hope you are all well.
xxxxxxxx

Hi everyone... hope you are all doing well today? I've had a good day...

Met up with group of friends who all have kids at one of their houses and they all commented on how well I am looking and that I have lost so much weight (YAY!!!!:D) I was so good whilst round there, as we all normally bring a cake etc and have some and lots of tea... I took a cake, but didn't have any at all of anyones!!!

mum2one;1831533 On another note - has no one had any weigh ins recently. Thats the part of being in a team that motovates me the most. Seeing how people are doing?:sigh: I have mine today feeling good about it as i can feel the difference for sure...that has really made more focused too:) xxxxxxxx[/QUOTE said:
I agree with you there, doesn't seem to be much posting of WI's recently!?? I think it's fair to say that Lisa has gone now.... kelly?

My WI is tomorrow and feeling pretty positive about it, weighed myself again today and says I've lost another 1lb since yesterday so fingers crossed hopefully at WI I would have lost around 8lb... fingers crossed, my aim for this week was 5 so I won't be disappointed if it's less than 8!

Anyway, hope everyone is well and being strong, have a fab evening and I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes xx

Hi everyone... hope you are all doing well today? I've had a good day...

Met up with group of friends who all have kids at one of their houses and they all commented on how well I am looking and that I have lost so much weight (YAY!!!!:D) I was so good whilst round there, as we all normally bring a cake etc and have some and lots of tea... I took a cake, but didn't have any at all of anyones!!!

I agree with you there, doesn't seem to be much posting of WI's recently!?? I think it's fair to say that Lisa has gone now.... kelly?

My WI is tomorrow and feeling pretty positive about it, weighed myself again today and says I've lost another 1lb since yesterday so fingers crossed hopefully at WI I would have lost around 8lb... fingers crossed, my aim for this week was 5 so I won't be disappointed if it's less than 8!

Anyway, hope everyone is well and being strong, have a fab evening and I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes xx

:bliss:11lbs lost yipeeee doooodle dooooo

Although my cdc wasn't very happy on me losing so much on the 810 but I'm so back on it and WILL get to 10 stone by the end of aug.

Hope everyone is well and people are reading this as i feel like this team has disappeared:confused::confused::confused:

C'mon guys we should try and post as often as we can.

Coley how was your weigh in???

Elay - good luck hun for tomorrow...sounds very promising so far from what you've said.

Hope you're all well

jaz xxxxxxxx

Jaz!!!! Jesus woman. You rock! 11lbs! that's fabby.

Alright there Kelly? got back on the horse...or wagon...or some other western type thing?

My WI was fine, 3lbs. I tend to just PM Kelly. Don't need the big congratulations.

Don't need the big congratulations.
Not always about the congrats hun (that's mostly an added bonus), like ELAY said it's very motivational for the other team members to share in their team mates successes...and to help in their failures.;)
Congrats :)D) Jaz that's a brilliant loss hun, I'll bet you're thrilled!!!:D
I've decided that I'm going to have a long chat with my CDC tomorrow about my diet as I'm considering carrying on but on the 1000 plan and buying myself a rowing machine to use every day as compensation (I really love my exercise when I get going!:D).

In that case...I think maybe me being in a team isn't the best idea.

I don't feel the need to tell everyone what I've lost, I just wanted the team to do well.

I'm obviously a bit of a strange one when it comes to my own ideas of support, or actually...I don't even like that word, it's more about what I view as beneficial....I'm not soft and cuddly all the time and it can be taken in the wrong way if other people don't think like me.

With that, best of luck girlies. I'm giving up my place.

xx

I don't even like that word, it's more about what I view as beneficial
I don't want you to leave the team hun but the bit I've quoted above worries me as the whole concept of these teams is that you give as well as take and this implies that you only joined a team to take what you could from it, which I'm sure isn't what you mean.
Can you please explain what you want from the team hun and we may be able to work it to fit everyone?:eek:

So sorry coley if my post has made you want to leave.:(

I like to shout out loud when I've done well and scream out loud when I haven't.

Good luck hun if you do decide to leave for definite

Afternoon all how is everyone?

I've just put thel lo to sleep and p'd off as I have no coffee in the house can't function without a decent cup:(

Kelly how are you feeling today...I wouldn't worry about the team and people leaving, not posting, dissapearing. We need fresh blood. (lisa and zoey potentially now)

The problem we are having is we keep getting people who are new to the diet and can't hack it after a week or so. So we need people who are serious about it and can commit to posting everyday to keep the team going. Even if they are just writing about how their day has gone.

xxxx

Hi everyone,

How's your mornings going???

Have just got back from WI and have lost....... 7lbs:happy036:

Am really chuffed after last week! So i've now lost 30lb in 6 weeks.......... Oh my god 30lb!

I agree that we need people who are going to be prepared to commit to posting and support each other (ups and downs)!

Anyway, here's to a good afternoon for everyone xx

I'm not angry or in a huff or anything.

I just don't work in the same was as you do. I can type that I'll be ok, get back on the horse etc etc until I'm blue in the face. However, it's not really addressing the issue.

I can't "support" people falling off the wagon and going "oh well....it happens" all the time. I want to dig a bit deeper than that.

It's nothing to do with getting what I can get from a team. I actually have no idea how you would go about justifying such a comment. I give advice and motivation based on what I think will help someone.

Think what you want about my motivation for being in a team, I honestly don't mind. I know I was doing it for the right reasons.

I'm more about the head stuff. I want to look at why people do things instead of just accepting them. That's obviously not what this team is about, so I'm better off making space for someone that can play the role of traditional "supporter".

As I said before, I'm not angry...I'm not upset. I just think you'd find someone else with a different temperament more useful.

Best of luck girlies!

I think you have the wrong idea Coley hun.
I was never expecting anyone to tell me it was ok to fall off the wagon as I know it's not. All I was saying is that I personally prefer the gently gently approach and I completely get that that isn't the way you work.
This team isn't about just accepting that falling off the wagon happens but it is about helping that member get their head in the right place in a gentle supportive way (gentle because you don't know where peoples heads are personally with this kind of thing so you never know how they will react to a very direct approach).
I think all of this is just a very big misunderstanding between two very different personalities. I really hope you don't leave purely because we have had a difference in opinion, after all it does sound like we both think similar things, we just put ourselves across in different ways.

Hi Team 4,

Is there still space for me to join?
I am going to my first session on Monday evening so startign Tuesday morning. Does this work OK with your team?

Thanks

Becky

Back