Team 8 - GR8 M8s losing W8 - Official Thread :o))))

I've been at it for 4 months til December then haven't managed to get back on it since. I'm going to give it one last shot and then will have to have a real serious think.

As it happens after I posted the last one about advertising I went on to do it anyway and saw yours. I'm of the opinion that it's only really you me and Shads that have been taking it seriously regarding the competition part and it is a lot to ask so I'm all for scrapping the whole scores thing and just keep going with our team for moral support. What does anyone else think?

:giggle: I'm up for this, cuz I totally agree, although :giggle: i think i just welcomed Loulou onto our team, but we'll still be supporting each other and getting our weekly winners.

i think its time for people to get serious about wanting to lose and stop with the f'in excuses, we need motivation and support round here, gosh I am a cranky baggage tonight :p

gosh I am a cranky baggage tonight :p
You and me both mate!!! Haven't been this moody for a long time, yet another reason for me to pull my finger out and get back into the swing of it.

RIGHT as of now I'm going to give it 100% this last 17lbs should take a matter of weeks if I behave, if I don't I'll still be arsing about in months to come and that's not happening. There - I've kicked my own butt!!!!! NO MORE SH*T!!! NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!

Last edited:
You and me both mate!!! Haven't been this moody for a long time, yet another reason for me to pull my finger out and get back into the swing of it.

RIGHT as of now I'm going to give it 100% this last 17lbs should take a matter of weeks if I behave, if I don't I'll still be arsing about in months to come and that's not happening. There - I've kicked my own butt!!!!! NO MORE SH*T!!! NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!

Good Girl, thats what I like to hear, OMG wait till the others come and see my rants :giggle: I don't give a fiddlers, I had to say it, Shadaca knows I've been getting tired doing all the TL stuff, I'm sure I'll be back to normal, whatever that is in a day or two, or knowing me in a minute or two :giggle:

Ah B*ll*cks to it, everyone has to has a rant now and then!!! I'm off to go and drool over Danny Messer in CSI:New York. Mmmmmmm.

I've been at it for 4 months til December then haven't managed to get back on it since. I'm going to give it one last shot and then will have to have a real serious think.

As it happens after I posted the last one about advertising I went on to do it anyway and saw yours. I'm of the opinion that it's only really you me and Shads that have been taking it seriously regarding the competition part and it is a lot to ask so I'm all for scrapping the whole scores thing and just keep going with our team for moral support. What does anyone else think?

I feel quite offended by that comment to be honest.
I have been taking loosing weight seriously and I have posted in recent weeks that I had been having a really hard time going through a very nasty divorce after finding out my husband was gay and being bullied at Uni. Even after hurting my back (in the gym working hard to loose weight) I still managed to loose 7lb this week. I really have been trying hard. I am doing a full time nursing degree, I have 2 very young children and a house to run and I still have to work part time ontop of all that cos my ex husband left me with a huge mortgage and shed loads of other debt. If I didn't have an issue with food then I wouldn't have gone up to over 27stone. I joined a team for support not criticism!!

Last edited:
I feel quite offended by that comment to be honest.
I have been taking loosing weight seriously and I have posted in recent weeks that I had been having a really hard time going through a very nasty divorce after finding out my husband was gay and being bullied at Uni. Even after hurting my back (in the gym working hard to loose weight) I still managed to loose 7lb this week. I really have been trying hard. I am doing a full time nursing degree, I have 2 very young children and a house to run and I still have to work part time ontop of all that cos my ex husband left me with a huge mortgage and shed loads of other debt. If I didn't have an issue with food then I wouldn't have gone up to over 27stone. I joined a team for support not criticism!!

Lindsey, I don't think Surfhunny was aiming any comments directly at you, and we're all entitled to say how we feel.

As a matter of fact I agreed with her, because the only support I've gotten from this thread in recent months is from the original members, Surf, Shadaca and DD, we've all got problems in our outside lifes and support is a two way street, lets not start a war on here, people should be able to say how they're feeling without people thinking they're being picked on, I'm sure thats not the case.

Yes she was having a go at me seein g as I was the only member out of the four remaining that wasn't mentioned. How would that make you feel?
Think about it!!
And I have supported others if you could be bothered to re read over the posts since I joined this team!!

Yes she was having a go at me seein g as I was the only member out of the four remaining that wasn't mentioned. How would that make you feel?
Think about it!!
And I have supported others if you could be bothered to re read over the posts since I joined this team!!

Yasmine, we're currently looking for new members, I don't think now is the time for internal fighting, cuz we've never really had fights on this thread, there were six members on this thread for the time that myself and Sally were talking about, and surely a quick glance can show you who does the most posting on here, and its myself, Shadaca and Surfhunny.

As team leader I'm asking, can we please let this drop now, we're here to be friends, support and care about each other and ultimately get to our goal weights :gen126:

The reasons as mentioned in my previous post tell you what schedule I am faced with on a daily basis, therfore I don't have the whole day to sit at home and post on this thread. I get on when I can fit it in around looking after my girls aged 2 and 4, my nursing degree and completing all the assignments that go along with it, working part time, trying to fit the gym in and doing all the chores at home, so as you can imagine I have a lot on. Not to mention resently going through a bitter divorce and being bullied at Uni. To have all that dismissed as just excuses really hurt my feelings and angered me.
I am really p**sed about what has been said with no offer of an appology so I suggest you advertise for 3 new members for YOUR team - I'm out!!

Wooooaaaaah!

Lins - you are over reacting big time darling, Sh wasn't aiming it at you, she wouldn't, and having just come back into this situation reading it cold and unemotively I don't see it like that at all.

We are all here for support, we all have the same goal. Don't be like that.

Still if you want to go - go. This isn't a thread for disagreements. And I'm sad you feel that way.

Have you still got a place spare on your team!

I am weighing in tonight to start SS and think i have about 6 stone to loose!

Thanks

And a separate thread as we put all that behind us...

In the news today I've finished panto, and back in the real world, but homeless and unemployed - which isn't great, but hopefully I'll sort something out this week.

I've also lost my mojo, so right with you SH - keep kicking me!

I still have this wedding dress in a size 16 which is terrifying, and six months to make it, so I need to start being good girl again. I still need to decide who to take to the wedding - I kind of want to take the boy, but as he is madly in love with his new boyfriend I don't know how that will go down. I'm sad and I miss him lots now, but he does have the advantage of knowing everyone there, but it may just be too much heartbreak again.

What else... oh yes, go and have a look at my facebook - the panto video is up, it's very funny.

Today my brother has his first appointment with my cdc. I'm going with him for moral support. So I think that will help with the competition, and I hope it works for him.

Headown... yes we have! Good luck with your weigh in tonight!

My brother is starting today, and he has about the same to loose, so you are in good company!

In the absence of anyone else on line... Welcome to the gang!

Hi,
Good luck to you all, I have a lot to lose too this is for CD dieters only?

Loulouless, if your still interested in joining our team, please post here and let us know ;)

Have you still got a place spare on your team!

I am weighing in tonight to start SS and think i have about 6 stone to loose!

Thanks

Hi Headdown, theres three open positions on this team at the moment, so if you want one of them along with Loulou then just comeback and post.

We are a friendly little team, and we're ready to get serious and get some good weightlosses under our belts :p

And a separate thread as we put all that behind us...

In the news today I've finished panto, and back in the real world, but homeless and unemployed - which isn't great, but hopefully I'll sort something out this week.

Hey missus, glad to hear Panto is over, :giggle: not sure how long you'll be out in the real world, knowing you, you'll be stage managing some excellent performance real soon, pants to the homeless bit, but i'm sure pops has room for a small 'un ;)

I've also lost my mojo, so right with you SH - keep kicking me!

Right Girls, the kicking starts here, gone are the excuses of Christmas and New Year, if we want to get to goal we got to get serious, I'm on day 3 of my CD products and 1 meal, so need all the support I can get, for the past few weeks I've not got past day 2 of being on plan.

I still have this wedding dress in a size 16 which is terrifying, and six months to make it, so I need to start being good girl again.
Six months is plenty of time to comfortably get into your size 16, damn it girl, you can get into a 14 or 12 within that time, go to your CDC tonight and we start the journey from here :p
I still need to decide who to take to the wedding - I kind of want to take the boy, but as he is madly in love with his new boyfriend I don't know how that will go down. I'm sad and I miss him lots now, but he does have the advantage of knowing everyone there, but it may just be too much heartbreak again.
I think we've also got six months to find a date for the wedding, I know how you feel about the boy, but the boy feels strongly for someone else, so I say we put him on the reserve bench for now :p
What else... oh yes, go and have a look at my facebook - the panto video is up, it's very funny.

When I stop typing this, i'm off to look :p

Today my brother has his first appointment with my cdc. I'm going with him for moral support. So I think that will help with the competition, and I hope it works for him.

Hey, tell your brother good luck from me and I'm sure the rest of this team, it would defo be motivation for both of ya to be doing this at the same time, On Your Marks, Get Set, GO :wee:

Team 8 - GR8 M8s losing W8 (Week 1)

BBlilsis- 185 to 182.5 = -2.5 = -1.35%
Shadaca- 210 to 207 = -3 = -1.43%
Surfhunny- 179 to 176 = -3 = -1.68%
2568d1219874696-team-7-fat-fighters-main-thread-star.bmp
W1

Team total so far - 1052 to 1043.5 = -8.5= - 0.81 %

(
2568d1219874696-team-7-fat-fighters-main-thread-star.bmp
individual team winner,
2999d1226167441-pink-star-pink-star.bmp
individual challenge winner)

3 x Vacancies

So went to cdc last night, back on track - and going to conquer the world this year.

Also got more yummy flavours, it was getting very boring lately.

How are we all today? :D

Thanks I weighed in last night, can't remember my exact weight, didn't dare look! It was between 17 stone 9 and 17 stone 13! Will check next week when I go! Glad to join you all, definately need help, just a moment then with a box of raisins in my hand but managed to put them down and move away! Ha ha!

Will keep posting at my times in need and will let you know on my loss next monday night!

Thanks

Wow Lisa - that's fabulous, well done! and yes, come and join the fun!

Hd, just pm'd you - you are doing so well! keep on trucking!

Back