Team 8 - GR8 M8s losing W8 - Official Thread :o))))

Team 8 - GR8 M8s losing W8 (Week 2)

BBlilsis - 182.5 to 182.5 = -0 = -0%
Headdown - ??? to ??? = -0 = -0% (submitting 1st lost next week)
Lisa Lashes - ??? to ??? = -11 = ???%
Shadaca - 210 to 207 = -3 = -1.43%
Surfhunny - 179 to 176 = -3 = -1.68%
2568d1219874696-team-7-fat-fighters-main-thread-star.bmp
W1

Team total so far - ??? to ??? = -???= - ??? %

(
individual team winner,
2999d1226167441-pink-star-pink-star.bmp
individual challenge winner)

Hey, everybody, welcome to Lisa Lashes and Headdown to our little team, one more vacancy to fill and then were back to full house :p

This week I managed to maintain, hoping for a better loss next week :eek:

*rant alert*

As you all know I'm 'Maid of Honour' at Beth's wedding and we are just having a dress nightmare - and it isn't mine.

The shop ordered her dress in Ivory not White, and won't take responsibility as they wrote down Ivory, so there is no record that she ever said white.

All of our dresses have been ordered with a white trim, and we thought that may happen, but corrected her originally every time she said ivory.

Help! What can we do? I have very teary bride on my hands!

*rant alert*

As you all know I'm 'Maid of Honour' at Beth's wedding and we are just having a dress nightmare - and it isn't mine.

The shop ordered her dress in Ivory not White, and won't take responsibility as they wrote down Ivory, so there is no record that she ever said white.

All of our dresses have been ordered with a white trim, and we thought that may happen, but corrected her originally every time she said ivory.

Help! What can we do? I have very teary bride on my hands!

OH OH :eek::eek::eek: this sucks, I have no advice, unless she has it written down and signed by them somewhere :eek::eek::eek: OMG this is the pits for the bride, is it too late to cancel the order and maybe face losing the deposit rather than the whole wedding being a fiasco ????

Hi All,

Many thanks for letting me join your team - not quite sure how this works but here goes.

I'm wanting to lose nearly 60lbs by beginning of summer and then to maintain the weightloss - My big incentive is I'm getting married 5th September!

Thanks for the email Shadaca I have been in touch with you before on a thread on my first day about being a Bridezilla!!

My weight loss on my first attempt has been
218 - 207 -11llbs (not sure how to work out the percentages but have 58 pounds to lose to get me to a BMI of 25).

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all

xxxxx Good Luck

We still have time - but it's not going to be easy. At this stage I'm still trying to get the shop to order us a new one.

Hi Lisa - this works by us all posting and looking after each other and then weighing in every week.

We let our team leader do all the maths - Don't we lil!

so you post your weight loss like this...

Last week 200lbs
This week 120lbs
Loss 80lbs

(I wish!)

Hi All,

Many thanks for letting me join your team - not quite sure how this works but here goes.

I'm wanting to lose nearly 60lbs by beginning of summer and then to maintain the weightloss - My big incentive is I'm getting married 5th September!

Thanks for the email Shadaca I have been in touch with you before on a thread on my first day about being a Bridezilla!!

My weight loss on my first attempt has been
218 - 207 -11llbs (not sure how to work out the percentages but have 58 pounds to lose to get me to a BMI of 25).

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all

xxxxx Good Luck

Welcome Lisa, loving your first weeks loss, man you must be sooooo happy, and you deserve to be, thats brilliant :p

We still have time - but it's not going to be easy. At this stage I'm still trying to get the shop to order us a new one.

Hi Lisa - this works by us all posting and looking after each other and then weighing in every week.

We let our team leader do all the maths - Don't we lil!

so you post your weight loss like this...

Last week 200lbs
This week 120lbs
Loss 80lbs

(I wish!)

Yep, I'm the resident number cruncher (sadly I have to admit, I love number crunching :p) and have spreadsheets and formulas for everything and everybody, so just post the scores like Shadaca says.

We all have different weigh in days, mine is Tuesday morning, we all just post the scores and I collate them altogether in time for submitting for the overall weekly challenge on Sundays pre 6pm. As you can see I've already started posting this weeks scores :p, I update the table as the numbers come in :p

Lisa Lashes - 218 to 207 = -11 = 5.05% :eek::D
W1

(
individual team winner,

Hi Gemma - welcome, and join the fun!

Going to have some great scores this week!

We now have a full house!

Hurrah!

Thanks Shadaca I don't get weighed till next Wednesday,

Am currently 21lbs over my lowest weight so am aiming for that off first.

Hoping that I will be letting my team down if I cheat will keep me on the straight and narrow

Welcome Lisa, loving your first weeks loss, man you must be sooooo happy, and you deserve to be, thats brilliant :p

I am over the moon - felt like doing a little jig there and then on the CDC's scales!! before I got there I checked my scales and I thought I would be happy with a 6lbs loss but really didn't expect as much as 11llbs (Iknow its a 1st week thing) mind you on my first meeting I did eat a lot beforehand.

I am quite shocked at how easy I found the first week and currently I don't feel even tempted to eat any food must be the sheer determination and Bridezillaness in me although I am prepared for the fact I won't always feel like this.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to chatting and the support that this site obviously offers (I've been reading though some of the old posts)

Lisa xxxx

Gemma - ??? to ??? = -0 = -0% (submitting 1st lost next week)
Lisa Lashes - 218 to 207 = -11 = 5.05% :eek::D
W1

(
individual team winner,

Welcome Gemma, to our little corner of minimins, WOO HOOO :wee: now wer're a full team of six again, not forgetting our few ex-members who pop in from time to time, should be nice and motivating around here :p

Last edited:
Hiya welcome to our team Headdown, Lisa and Gemma. I hope you'll find it motivating and a help to you.

Right, this week I have gain 1lb, which, after Sunday's Carbfest is a small miracle. BUT i am back on the straight and narrow, I've made it through the first 2 days. Gonna pee on a stick in the morning cos I should be back in the Pink by then. My friend has just started CD and comes with me on a Monday to see my CDC so that ought to keep me motivated - a little bit of healthy competition. I'm hoping for a good loss this week so get me spurred on, roll on Monday, can't wait for WI.

See I've got my motivated head back on and my Mojo may just have come back - I'll let you know next week. But Lil you'll be pleased to know that I'm feeling so much better about this last stretch. Plus right now I'm watching a programme about gastric banding and it makes me feel so relieved I found CD in time before gastric banding became an option.

Check me out being all optimistic and positive all of a sudden. (Had a good pep talk from my CDC last night lol). It's the final countdown now!!!! I hope some of my positivity rubs off on everyone and helps lol.

Last edited:
It's the final count down... da na naaa naaaa, da na na na naaaaa!

Got that song stuck in my head!

How's your stick peeing going - are you pink yet?

I'm still having Dressgate but haven't resorted to the bar of chocolate in the lounge yet.

Saw somewhere perfect to move to last night, but can't afford it until I get a job. :( I don't know whether to take the plunge anyway. I probably shouldn't.

How's you guys?

Lil - are you better yet?!

Gemma - my weigh in is on a Wednesday. It's the best day I think!

Where abouts are you new guys based? Close enough for a coffee sometime?

Hi Shadaca,

I am based near Portsmouth so not to far away from London, are you south/north london.

Will have to back a bit and find out about dressgate.

Cool! I'm West London, hopefully soon to be north london if I get myself sorted with a job and things.

I really like this forum - You're all so surportive

I'm in Bath - Lovely place

Good luck with the dress gate and moving - I've got my first appointment to find a dress (secondhand dress shop) 1st weekend in Feb so should have hopefully dropped a 1 1/2 stones by then -

I had a funny thing with food tonight - I had the girls round who are going to be bridesmaids (discussing hen do in a villa somewhere hot!) and bought nibbles for them - I'm still alright with people eating around me but I bought some crisps and they were on my mind the whole way back from the shop so..... I opened the pack put 1 crisp in my mouth chewed it then (sorry for the gross bit) spat it out! and then my mind was completly off them so it worked! I won't be making a habit out of that.

Surfhunny good luck with getting back on it you've done so well (you all have)

xx

I'm having Dressgate issues too. BUT, my friend (the bride) has designed the dresses, and they have a corset back which can be tightened or loosened on the day as neccessary, gives me a bit of leeway (sp) for putting on weight on holiday, cos I'll have a few days there before the wedding, and Ayia Napa and I have a very stormy relationship - it makes me eat and drink way to much....

Well I appear to have made it to day 3 without caving in, so far so good. Don't think I'm in the pink yet, I felt like grim death today though, so hopefully if I pee on the stick in the morning it'll be pinker than a pink thing.

Sorry about the Final Countdown song Shads, I was singing it too, lol.

Lisa, I'm bridesmaid at my friends wedding on the 9th of September so we're on a similar time frame.

Hey Surfhunny, well done on a miniscule gain after your carb fest, its probably gone already, good luck this week, its cool the way your friend is now doing CD, double motivation for both of ya :p

Hey Shadaca, thats one of my favourite songs when I waiting for something to finsh, I hope your gonna throw that bar of chocolate in the bin, cuz no ones to eat that lump of fat wrapped up all pretty :p I really hope you get a job sorted soon so you can get your new place to live :p

Gemma, Lisa and Headdown, I'll have to go off and map. google your areas, cuz I'm the Irish contingency on this team, so not really familiar with all of the UK, wow we have a bridezilla, thats gonna be fun for us :p

Lisa, well done on avoiding the temptation with the hens, but defo don't start the habit of putting things in your mouth and spitting them out, thats a rocky road, and I've seen people go down it, it ain't pretty.

Mmm as for myself, I've had a pretty ok day, it rained here, just when I wanted to bring dogs out for a walk, I'm starting to feel 95% better (for the newbies, I've been boring everyone with the fact I've had pneumonia since end of november :eek:) but I'm defo recovering these days, went to collect stock from my CDC and then took doggies out for a 20min stroll around my estate there at 9pm, I don't usually go out this late, but sure I was outside and dressed so thought why not go for it ;)

And thats the end of the Irish 10oclock News Bulletin :giggle: back to me sofa I must go....... :girlpower:

Back