Step 1 Sole Source Team FireShark

GOOD MORNING TEAM FIRESHARK!

Some inspiration for your day:
Its_not_worth_it_large.jpg
Absolutely true!
When I started the plan (during the 8-week black hole of going nowhere fast), I would buy myself chocolate bars. First it was 6-packs of little kinder chocolate bars (because I had a serious kinder addiction before I started this :O), and then it was 4-packs of weight-watchers crispy chocolate bars. I told myself "It's just a little treat to help me get through the diet, I'll only have one a day."

WRONG
The inevitable happened, and I ate the whole pack in one (or two at a push) days. Needless to say, the scales were not impressed by my actions.

Until one day, I heard someone say a phrase that's made a big difference to my diet ever since - "Why set yourself up to fail?"

Good question.

Now, every time I walk past the dreaded poundland (where I used to get a lot of my junk food before), I force myself to walk by it without going in, and I say to myself "Why set yourself up to fail?"
Having it in the house was just too much temptation. Why buy myself chocolate to 'just have one a day', when I know that's not what's going to happen, and even if that was what was going to happen, its still a cheat that can pop you right out of ketosis (the worst kind of cheat!)

So why set yourself up to fail? Don't buy it in the first place, then you won't eat it and regret it! It's much easier to use your will power to walk past a shop for 10 seconds, than it is to resist something naughty in your cupboard for days on end.

Go Team FireShark :)

Last edited:
Marri
Yeah, I made excuses in my diary but I love the idea of group support! Sign me up! :wavey:

Welcome to the Team Djelibeybi :)

Hi all, can I join the team? I'm on week 5, mainly SS with the odd day of SS+, on my last WI (4 weeks) I had lost 19lb :) still another 2 stone to go and plan on being on SS for as long as that takes.
Finally on week 5, am finding it easier and now very rarely hungry and also have lost the lightheadedness that I had for the first few weeks - so all positive :) just wish I'd done it sooner!!

Can i join please? At work just now so will post more when i get home :)

Clairex

Ooh, that sounds like my tactics Mandy! SS with the occasional day of SS+ when I need it :D OMG 19lbs that's amazing well done! :D

It sounds like everything is going great for you just now, you must be proud ^_^ Keep up the good work :) and welcome to Team FireShark!

Of course you can Claire, welcome to the Team! :) Your weightloss looks like my first 8 weeks! Don't let it become a cycle of on/off, it's sooo easy to fall into that trap! But you CAN pull yourself out of it and once you do you will be on top of the world, trust me it's worth it :D And it gets easier.

Thank you for letting me join IvoryMarri:). Well done on your fantastic loss CDanna:D! I am looking forward to being a member of this team and giving/receiving help & advice!

My Wi is on a Monday morning so will add my losses then. x

thanxxx

and welcome all newbies(we all joined up in past 2 days heheh ) :D ,, lets do this the new us will soon be here !!

Morning all! well nearly afternoon!!!

Great loss CDanna that's great :)

Welcome to all the new initiates this morning :)

So I woke up this morning with a problem, I can't seem to stop stepping on the scales...

Any ideas? I would throw them away but my weigh ins will be on odd days so want to weigh myself on the exact day of the week that my weeks turn!

:confused:

Last edited:
Hmmm, I would say in the first week, step on it as many times as you like :p

You'll get bored of it in week 2! Because the weight doesn't move in the same way XD it goes up and down all the time through the week, so you'll see quickly that there is no point :p

Just remember not to let it dishearten you, ever! That's the important part.

Weight can vary by as much as 7lbs over a day! :S I have found that it doesn't vary AS much on this diet because we tend to keep our water pretty constant and our meals don't weight very much XD But it still does yoyo around by 2 or 3lbs throughout the day for me. Every time I go to the consultants to get weighed, I have to remind myself (ask her to remind me!) what my weight was last time, so that I kno whow much I've lost, because the numbers from your own scales throughout the week are a bit gobbledeygook and make you forget your weight at the start. For me anyway!

I know there is barely any point im just obsessed!!!

I like seeing the numbers to go down.

If they're correct I'l have lost 7lb and I'm just starting my 3rd day. SUCH a big incentive to see those numbers dwindle.

Think I will have to join a Weighing Addiction Anonymous club. :bliss:

WAA

Haha!! sounds like a plan XD Well, let yourself go nuts for the first week if it gets you through :p NEXT week we'll start working on that addiction haha XD How are you feeling today hunger-wise?

I feel great so far, my headache is going today.

I am still in bed! I need to get up and have a shake really but it was bed linen change day yesterday so I can't drag myself out of bed :)

How are you feeling?

Ohhh also when is your weigh in day?

I can't accept requests yet but will do in a few posts time :D

There is nothing more tempting that a clean comfy bed ^_^ I have the day off work today, so normally I won't be on posting during the day!
My weigh-in day is Saturday morning, can't weight to see this weeks! :D And that's fine, most people won't be able to yet! :)

I bet you can't! Have you ever done SS+ did you still loose weight? I've been thinking every now and again is like a cup of tea but I hate it black. I'm going to stick to SS for now as I'm managing!

I'm fine on this step but really nervous of moving up the steps and eating "normally" again x

Anna WOOOOOOOOO .. 9lbs thats amazing!!!!! I know ur gna keep this up!! Well done babe!!

Cant wait for my weigh in tmrw now x

Anna WOOOOOOOOO .. 9lbs thats amazing!!!!! I know ur gna keep this up!! Well done babe!!

Cant wait for my weigh in tmrw now x

I'm sure you will do amazing!!! Which week are you in? Sorry if its in your signature I'm on my phone at the minute so it doesn't show them x

yeeoooo nazz .. i was hyper!!!

crossing my fingers for you x

im going to lie in the sun for couple of hours now,,back later guys

stay strong !!

i need to join WAA ,, every morning about 9am,,as thats the time i get my weigh ins lol

Back