Team ideal

Rkmriddell said:
20 hours?!?!! What is your job. Hope it goes fast x

Thanks , I'm a support worker - get to sleep over night in there house (for emergency purposes they need someone there) but u r still at work and never get a proper nights sleep cos u r 'on call' however last night I was so mentally shattered I slept massively!

Rkmriddell said:
We work in that field but mental health. Is it a live in home then for you to be working that long? X

I support around 30 different service users anywhere between 1 and 24 hours per visit. Can be with anything as all have different needs. Supported living, enabling independence.

I did 4 hours then 24 (where I am ATM) then 1 hour this evening before I go home. There is zero routine to The job but i enjoy working with the service users.

I'm terrible for finishing off the kids things too. I hate seeing good food thrown away. I think that might be part of the reason I won't stop eating til it's all gone. Plus the fact that I don't really feel full. I blame my mum for that lol. We always had to clear our plates. I'm not doing that with my boys, if they say they're full, they're full. I'm not going to force them.

I was the same with sw, being told I could eat as much as I wanted was a recipe for disaster! I don't think I learnt anything or address any of my issues. I'm def going to see this all the way to the end. And I hope by then I will, like you, not want to undo all the hard work.

Thanks for the advice :) hope you have a great day xx

I agree completely - was talking about this with mom and cdc last night. I never use the words eat all your dinner - as long as they have a good go that's fine by me. I keep their food home cooked and varied, they get their treats don't get me wrong and i'm just trying to work on getting them to eat some different meals, unusual to them. They'll get there - it's taking a little bribery but am determined they will grow up knowing how to cook, reaching for the healthier options etc and not having a fat unhealthy family being normal to them! I'm a little too ocd about their food actually some times lol.

We're definitely doing it through to the end this time - and we will learn!! x

Rkmriddell said:
People like you are very rare in this world x some of the support workers we have been through are unreal x

Don't want to sound big headed but actually yes I am flipping good at what I do, unfortunately tho we r never really properly apreshiated. Over the years I have become bitter about the care field which is why my focus is on the guys and not sitting in an office shoving pwk down people's throats. I don't need personalisation and PCP to put the service user at the centre, I just do!

Sorry (rant!!!)

No it's great that you do - some don't which is really frustrating. Believe me though the paperwork drives the management as nuts as it does the staff - it's ridiculous but you have to cover yourself x

Zest for Life said:
Willpower woman... I was a senior but I wasn't a mean! Lol I liked management x
I still had to do 3 shifts a week. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I was too for a while, well a deputy, but I was just taken advantage of because of my ability and one day I was line what an I doing!!! I didn't go to uni to study social care so I could be a paper pusher or climb the latter I did it because I wanted the knowledge and tools to really make a difference. Don't think my current manager even knows I have a degree in care lol :)

Sorry major ranting going on!

I have had 'some' experience of lovely managers don't get me wrong it's just not for me :) and I have also had a v v v v v bad experience with a past bully manager not to long ago that still to this day debts my confidence so much Tgat I can't go to my local town in case I c him

notlongnow said:
No am 5ft 4 - just find it easier to have 4 rather than 3 - as I said am a piglet even on CD !! Whatever works tho and so far - dizzy heights of day 9! - its working fine.

Better to have an extra pack than a binge :)

Rkmriddell said:
No it's great that you do - some don't which is really frustrating. Believe me though the paperwork drives the management as nuts as it does the staff - it's ridiculous but you have to cover yourself x

Oh yes definitely I spent three hours writing The incident form last night trying to get every little detail in, that kind is essential.

Omg sorry rant over, I'm just passionate about what I do that's all :(

Hi there
well done with your weight loss!!

Whoop i just realised that this weeks loss has brought my BMI back into overweight rather than obese :) :) ;) x

Rkmriddell said:
Whoop i just realised that this weeks loss has brought my BMI back into overweight rather than obese :) :) ;) x

That's great, well done :)

Wow the sun is shining! Birds are singing ! And I'm losing weight whilst I am doing this ! What more could a girl want?

Second time lucky said:
Wow the sun is shining! Birds are singing ! And I'm losing weight whilst I am doing this ! What more could a girl want?

U know what yes it is positivity is the way forward :)

In fact it's the new black :)

Has anyone bought / started to read the Pauline quirk book in the end? I have just finished it. Reading slimmer Charlie now.

WillpowerWoman said:
Has anyone bought / started to read the Pauline quirk book in the end? I have just finished it. Reading slimmer Charlie now.

Did you like it. Sen lots recommend it x

Afternoon :) ohhh may need to buy that book!

I'm just on my lunch said I couldn't go to canteen as had emails to catch up on so ate my bar with some water :) yay! Now just to avoid the dinner tonight ;) x

Back