Tees diary!

teeney

Silver Member
Second week of not so strict induction, lost just over 1kg, on day 12 now of 30 day shred but not seeing any results :-(

Think I need to cut down on the coffee and cream, maybes 3 cups is not good...... need to get some willpower!

Hi Tees, there is a recommended limit for cream, I'm not sure it may be 3 tablespoons.

Good luck your doing really well to be on day 12 of the shred. :)

Morning Tees... Good luck ! X

I'm not going far over the 3 tablespoons but I think it may be the amount of splenda that is going with it. So today is a new day and breakie was a choc mim and a coffee with 3 tsp cream and 1 splenda tablet :)

Question re mim, I'm working out that 25g flax is about 10g carb :-/ I'm sure I read on the Atkins site it was a carb/fibre wash but we don't deduct fibre :-/ confused.com

UK nutrition labels quote carbohydrates with fibre already deducted, so if you are in the UK you don't subtract fibre. US labels quote carbs without deducting fibre, so folks in the US have to subtract it themselves.

I looked up flaxseed on FitDay and for 25g it gives 7.2g carbs and 6.8g fibre, therefore 0.4g of countable carbs - pretty much a wash, as you say.

Hope that helps!:)

Gutted! Just taken measurements and my 'slight' blip has really taken it's toll :-(

Today I am feeling really bloated, even more so than last week TOM, 30 day shred has had no effect whatsoever as iv not dropped an ounce on over a week not even losing mm

Had a tin of tuna and Mayo for lunch with a large glass of water. Sulking!

Scrumbles said:
UK nutrition labels quote carbohydrates with fibre already deducted, so if you are in the UK you don't subtract fibre. US labels quote carbs without deducting fibre, so folks in the US have to subtract it themselves.

I looked up flaxseed on FitDay and for 25g it gives 7.2g carbs and 6.8g fibre, therefore 0.4g of countable carbs - pretty much a wash, as you say.

Hope that helps!:)

Just as confused, I'm in the UK, fibre is separate on packet and carb is about 5.8, argh!

That's odd, then :confused:

If a product has a nutrition label on it, I generally go by that.

Perhaps you could post a question on the main board? - not everyone will see it in the diary section.

Hi tees nice to find your diary:)

Hi Tees

We don't take off the fibre from carbs in the UK - it has been done for us already.

The carb content of flax really varies according to brand, I use Flex Flax because it has zero carbs (something to do with the milling process, I believe) - but flex can stall people if you have too much, ditto sweeteners. Clean and green - and lots of water - really is the best way :)

Didn't realise that flax can stall...... found it convenient for brekkie as I'm totally fed up with eggs and sautéd brocoli!
Cut down on my coffee, only 2 yesterday so it's a start only going to take 2 tetra packs of cream to work tomorrow so only 1 coffee there!
Ketostix were purple last night :) just hope that it was ketosis and not dehydration.....
Feel less bloated today which is good, just gotta find something for lunch now!

Ok! So day 14 of shred :eek:) not finding that I ache on level 2....... Not really noticing any change either, oh boobs are shrinking :-( deep joy!!!!!!

Food today
2 boiled eggs and a coffee
pork scratchings
2 chicken thighs with skin and salad leaves
1 very naughty mini m&s choc bite thingie
Large cheese and mushroom omlette and a coffee and a cheesy salami thing

About 2ltr water

Choc bite threw me out of ketosis, doh be good from now on!

Morning Tees... It's so unforgiving but it shouldn't take long to get it out of your system xx

See sticky - low carb and cheating

Will take a look at the cheating thing. I know it's bad and iv been good today but may not have had enough carbs. Ketostix are in the purples :)
Day 15 shred done :)
2 lt water done
Mim made with a massive dollop of coconut oil for brekkie with a coffee
Pork scratchings
Chicken & mayo for lunch, had to work through so couldn't get salad :-(
Salami wrapped cheese
Pork scratchings
Gyros and salad for tea with a coffee

Hating not having a fridge at work, finding lunchtime hard!

Be careful with the coconut oil...I think it can give a false "pink/purple" read on the ketostix. X

Nice mixture of foods teeney xx

Ooo will have to have a look at the coconut oil and ketostix, how strange!
Shred done :)
Food today:
2 boiled eggs and coffee
Pork scratchings
A choc/coconut oil mim
Salad and king prawns (forgot Mayo :-(
Tikka chicken bites, more prawns loadsa Mayo and salad
Salami wrapped cheese stick
Coffee

Scales have not been working for about 5 days now, gonna change batteries tomorrow and see if iv lost anything, fingers crossed! x

Back