Teeth falling out dream

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Mrs Pink, 11 May 2007 Social URL.

1. Mrs Pink

Mrs Pink Banned

Since starting to diet I keep dreaming my teeth are falling out - I spit them out into my hand, in chunks- quite distressing. Has anyone else dreamt weird things like this - someone said it was a sign of anxiety - do you think so?
    Mrs P
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kittykat

kittykat Gold Member

Start Weight:
  4. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

Thats spooky I had a dream like this the other day one of my teeth was in bits and I was spitting out chunks:eek:
  5. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

I've had the dream before now but not since starting LL --- it's a very strangely 'real' feeling dream.

6. Betty Boo

Betty Boo Full Member

Lighter Life
    Me too, I used to have that dream before LL and have had it once while on LL. It is quite scary.
  7. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slim and Save
    I've not had this dream - but did use to have some verrry weird and scary ones. Thanks for the dream dictionary kittykat - will go and look up some of the ones i can remember!
  8. hippoellie

hippoellie CDC

I have had a similar dream- that I am grinding my teeth so hard that they crumble into chunks, fillings too- I can tatse it in my mouth and dream I am spitting the bits out- very realistic and very distressing!
  9. fatpossum

fatpossum Silver Member

I've had that dream in the past and was told by a psychologist that it can signify an unconscious sense of being out of control.

I know that when I have had that dream that is exactly how I was feeling.

It is quite a classis dream along the same lines as finding yourself naked in public!

Try to chill - tell yourself that it is only a dream and can't harm you.

Sweet dreams
  10. littleblue

littleblue Full Member

Lighter Life
    I used to have that dream a lot, I have always believed it was to do with me feeling that my weight was out of my control and that my body was letting me down.
  11. Eileen

Eileen likes posting.

Slimming world.
    i,ve had this dream too, it has woke me up, & i really think my teeth have come out, i used to have a dream book it said teeth falling out was a sign of been insecure.
  12. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    measure up
    My dream was a nice one, I was in the 13 stone mark......then I woke up and realised nope it wasnt true.....lol
  13. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Sonkie, give yourself a little more time and your dreams really will come true!!

14. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    measure up
    It was a cool dream though I could wear jeans and fitted tops .......!
  15. Pixie

Pixie Silver Member

I do all the time.
    Its supposed to be a sign of stress or low self esteem!
  16. alunsarah

alunsarah Member

Although this dream may appear to be distressing its actually a really possitive dream to have! It means that you'll be coming into money or success... Your with regard to your weight loss your sub concious is telling you this is the diet that will bring you success!! So when you awake in the night with thoughts of your teeth in your palm, smile with a big toothy grin and think about how damn gorgeous you'll be looking in a very short space of time!!
  17. KD

KD Gone fishing

Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Only just seen this thread:sigh:.
    It means you have a suppressed desire to visit your dentist :D

Ummm. Unfortunately, this is all too real for me. They seem to be like chalk these days :(

On a lighter note. Dreams fascinate me. They're a bit like budget films aren't they
    1. Ridiculous plot
    2. Packed with spontaneous sex and violence....usually not at the same, but has been known on occasion.
    3. Terrible editing
    4. Only one person in the audience
  18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. littleblue

littleblue Full Member

Lighter Life
    Ha ha, Karion, very true- and they don't stand up to being retold.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.