Tell me about the first time you went to the gym

Other 1/2, man was I WRONG! Man this lingo is tough where you peeps live.
yes, I live right next to Canada, but it is US. Wearing thongs over the gym wear, that is so 1980's too! I admit though I always have a whale tale (the top part of the thong) hanging out of my jeans when I bend over only when I wear my hip hugger jeans though, it is pretty stylish!!!!
Coventry, can't say I heard of that? UK too nodoubt? When I read it, I immideately though convent, like a nun! Sorry, but that is what I read...., sorta like you seeing the airline stewardess, yanno your right with that hat it does look like one, but nope that is barbie. She is a very popular barbie doll here in the states. OH my laughs laughs laughs today, atleast we are getting in a great abdominal workout from the laughter, so that is a plus!

Hey Mich,
I forgot to add, l love that siggy of yours, yup that is the way life should be, woohoo what a ride! Cheers to that one!!!!- LOVE IT! We always say that line here in the states, we live life to the fullest everyday!

I love the statement too Flower.... I adapted it cos it said something about red wine but I can't stand the stuff so changed to vodka....my drink of choice.....:D

Coventry.... in the West Midlands.... right in the middle of the Uk.... in fact a place just up the road called 'Meridan' is supposed to have the official 'middle' of the UK.... well I guess that was before erosion of the coastlines became more common place...lol!!!

Convent.... like a nun..... me???? YOur havin a laugh....lol!!!

I've recently joined the local council run gym. Not confident enough yet to use the gym - all them cardio machines are my idea of hell! I have been doing a few classes though. Aqua Aerobics is great - not glamorous at all, and the ladies that go are all shapes, sizes and ages, and very friendly. And as your bouncing about underwater, no one can see you. Bonus!! Have fairly loose but comfy yoga type trousers, and I wear a baggy tee shirt belonging to the boyfriend.

Once you've been a few times, you'll love it. There are a lot of the body beautifuls, but there are even more of the body ordinarys, and always someone to share to smile with.

Rowan believe me when I say that the worrying beforehand is a hell of a lot more difficult and scarier than when you're actually in there.

Honest you'll find that people don't look at you/watch you - they're either too busy trying to see themselves in the mirrors or too busy trying to avoid seeing themselves in the mirrors.

I started going at about 18.5 stone and nobody batted an eyelid, I've never had anything but positivity from the people there and in fact I met one of my best friends there.

Once you've been a couple of times try and arrange to be assessed by one of the instructors, they'll give you a work out that you should try and stick to and you'll soon see a difference in your body shape.

Good luck x

Back