Temp switch to Atkins

Staffdieter

My weight loss on CD is very heavy going at the moment 1 to 2 lbs a week - am thinking about coming off CD for a few weeks, and then going back on, perhaps doing Atkins in the meantime, doess anyone have any advice or experience of this

I'm in a similar predicament, but you need to look at the following factors

Whats your BMI?
How long have you been on SS?
Have you been 100%?
Drinking all your water?

Rather than coming off, I'm just moving up a plan to ss+/810 hoping that its letting my body know there is still food out there!

i second that, why don't you move up to 810 for a few weeks? sometimes that's all you need to kick start your metabolism!

I did Atkins and didn't lose any weight in the first week, so it can happen on any diet, just so you know! My losses last week and this week have been 2lb, but I know that I must be due a big loss soon!!!

Oh yeah and I did Atkins for a fortnight pre CD, I lost 4lbs in total. You could try Atkins and find the weight falls off you, or you might not. Its very hard to predict.

is atkins healthy? what does it involve? i dont know much about it. isn't it like steak for breakfasts and stuff like that?

you can have steak for breakfast if you want.Its actually not unhealthy lik ethe rep its garnered through people eating meat meat meat all day and wondering why they are ill

You eat a load of veggies, butter, cream, eggs and meat. They key though is eating the veggies too. People seem to think on Atkins they don't eat any veggies and its fry ups all day, and then wonder why they feel ropey. I felt amazing on Atkins, just the weight loss wasn't quick enough for me to feel fully satisfied.

I did eat a lot of lovely things though, stirfries cauliflower mash/rice, curry, quiches, salads. All lovely and people were suprised when I said I was on Atkins as they expect the lunchbox to contain a cold fry up and not some of the beautiful food I did have.

sounds good if you do it right. i think i will be following a low GI/Atkins type diet once i go through maintenence. low carb as i just don't do enough excercise to burn them off.

i would introduce red meat really slowly, when i was on ss+ i went out for a meal and ended up ordering a steak and salad - after weeks on milkshakes and a bit of chicken, quorn or fish i did the most traumatising movement of my life!

i would introduce red meat really slowly, when i was on ss+ i went out for a meal and ended up ordering a steak and salad - after weeks on milkshakes and a bit of chicken, quorn or fish i did the most traumatising movement of my life!

oh no! :eek:

Back