*** temptation- busting thursday daily thread***

Blingbabe

Back On Track!
Good morning dear daily threaders

Wishing everybody a successful CD day.

I will be doing my best to resist food temptations at a conference - I have to remind myself that food is everywhere, 24 hours a day - but being slim will be something happy, healthy and life enhancing.

Looking forward to Dreamboats and Petticoats in the evening - perhaps a gentle romantic tale will inspire me!

Best wishes to all:stickdance:x

Hi BlingBabe - well it's late Wed night now and am just about to go to bed. I have had a successful SS+ day and am feeling very pleased with myself. No Blipping :)
Tomorrow may even be an SS day!
Here's to us all getting to Thursday night with no blips!
I shall be having a busy day tomorrow with an early start and a late finish. I shall also be having attempt number 2 at making a mousse.

Night night to the night owls and good morning to the early risers!
xx

morning all

good luck at the conference BB, im sure you can cope with it :)
well done Alex on no blipping :)

feeling really crap today, think im gonna have to go docs, throat feels worse ears are sore and really bad dry cough :cry:
and im freeeeeeeeeezing

hope you all have a good day

I'm envious of all the theatre you go to Bling. Heading into my fourth 100% day today - looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow. Today I'm in uni all day. The canteen food is grim so hopefully no temptations. I just need to remember to take some green tea bags so I don't have to pay £1.50 a cup there. Have a great day all!

Mandy - oh dear - I hope you get better soon.

Sun is shining here today which always lifts the spirits (no not the vodka) , I have had my morning soup, weighed in - only 2lbs damage from all of last weeks bleeping blipping so I am feeling encouraged and proud of myself for getting through yesterday. Later I will have my mousse experiment #2. I am promising myself to SS or SS+ with no blips until my friends 50th (6th Feb).
When I blip and eat my stomach feels so wretched and uncomfortable and when I stick to plan I feel good and I plan to be nice to my body and make it feel good.
Classes are going to go well today as it's Thursday and they usually do :).... hmm I think I am going to be waffling on here a lot today!

morning girls, hope everyones having a good one

lancslass, hope your gp can get you sorted and your back to feeling well asap

bb, hope you enjoy the theatre tonight and get thru the conference without temptation

alex, hope the mousse works for you tonight, i love my nightly mousse. i make mine by mixing a scoop of MAM with my shake powder and then adding 250ml of very cold water and bending for a couple minutes, i then pour it in a bowl and put it in the freezer, after 5 minutes i stir it, back in the freezer for 5 minutes then another stir and a final 5 minutes in the freezer. comes out with a velvet texture its yum!

chicka, good luck with your weigh in!

grrrrrr woke this morning to a refluxy child covered head to toe, OT dodged my calls beginning of the week and failed to call me back yet again and she doesnt work thursdays or fridays so thats another week with no help, im seriously wishing that she throws up at school today so they will stop telling profs that theres nothing the matter re her reflux

other then that im on dog patrol again today, gonna see if i can get the lead on the dog today and take him for a walk ( black lab dog bout 6 months old and im scared of dogs, lol )

only managed a pack and a half yesterday, as i was too full to manage anything else, will have the other half pack and then try and get all three of todays in

Last edited:
Morning all,
Second WI last night lost 2 lbs, so 4lbs in two weeks. Not bad considering the blips.
Today is a good day so far :)

greetings all!

cracking on with the uni work today, will be glad to graduate in the summer!
im determined to have a good day today diet wise, no cheating for once!!
going to take the dog for a walk in a bit, we both need the exercise!
good luck to all today, lets do this!!!!!

Good luck at your conference BB, I'm sure you'll manage to do well :)

Well done on no blipping AI. I find that each day I manage to do 100% I actually feel pretty proud of myself, you should too. Yesterday my housemates cooked flapjack, then drizzled chocolate on top. My whole house smelt of it! I found myself thinking... hmm, when they're not looking, I could have a small piece, so I'll wait til they go upstairs. It was tempting, but instead took myself up to my room, lit a smelly candle and tried to forget about it! Glad I did now, I want to lose weight a lot more in the long run than I want a piece of flapjack now!

Mandy sorry to hear you're still feeling so rough, what do you think it is? Sounds like a really nasty cold or something, hope the doctors help!

Chika my friend does what you do, takes her own teabags and then only pays like 10p for a cup of water, much better idea I think, I just never remember to! One of the girls on my course did CD for 2/3 weeks before she went on holiday to lose a stone, and she even got a cup of their hot water and mixed her soup with a spoon, not sure I could do that, hate the lumps! Thing with the new packets now is that they could just look like a cup a soup really. A lot more discreet!

Sumayyah, I can't believe how bad your OT is. I really think you should make a complaint about her. It's terrible the way she treats you. Good luck with the dog!

Hayley, well done on the 2lbs, it's still a loss, and a good one with blips! How are you finding not having your OH around?

This morning I shall probably be around working on my dissertation and then this afternoon I'm meant to be meeting my sister and taking her to get a tattoo, I'm really wanting one too! But my mum called this morning and said that my sister had slept really badly and only got off to sleep at about 5-6ish so I'm guessing that she's going to cancel. Will just give me more time to work on my dissertation and try and sort out a new gecko home before work tonight. I discovered last night that my two female geckos aren't two female geckos at all! So I need to sort out another vivarium for the male one as when he matures in about a month, he'll start harrassing the other one who would be able to get pregnant, but it wouldn't be good for her. I might tell the man who sold them to me as females that he should pay for a new vivarium set up for me!

Hope you all have wonderful days whatever you're doing!

Hello everyone - hope we'll all do well today LOL

Caroline, have you decided what tattoo are you getting?

Hi Chloe, how are you doing?

I think I have yeah, though probably won't be getting it today. I might have it as my reward for when I've lost a couple more stone! It's this...

IMG00436-20100127-2209.jpg

Each of the three stars symbolise one of my grandparents who have died. I might also get it when I've lost three stone, so it symbolises each stone that I've lost too. I'm not completely decided on where I want it, I've decided against the side of my hand or wrist, just because I'm not sure that it's a great idea when I'm just about to be trying to start a career in a business environment! I did think about under my collarbone, on the left side so it's by my heart. That way it's easily hideable.

i think something like that would look nice on your shoulder blade caroline or like you say just under collarbone, you've really got me thinking about another one now, plus i should just stop watching miami/la/london ink lol

my docs is shut on thurs afternoons so ill try and get in tomorrow if im not any better, think its a throat or ear infection as i suffer with throat infections a fair bit in winter, im just a bit bothered about being on CD and antibiotics

Oh, I love it!!! especialy what it symbolises for you...

I've been meaning to get a tattoo for a while now but somehow can't decide what I really want.... I wanted to have smthg on my wrist but for the same reason as you I don't think I would be comfortable in my work environment. Again, I really like angel wings but beacuse they are always fairly big I am not prepared to have half of my back tattooed....
I almost got one on my foot but since it's very painful area - I am not sure if that's a good idea LOL

So - yeah, the fact that I'm very undecisive doesn't help at all :-/

I have one on my foot, didn't hurt at all!

12538_507695809226_285500096_327243_4120873_n.jpg

This is it, I got it on the 5th of November last year which would have been my Nan's birthday. It's latin for always remember.

I like back and shoulder blade tattoos, but I like to be able to see them, and I can't see my shoulder blade! Which is why I think I like the idea of below my collarbone. I love miami ink! I haven't seen LA or London though. What would you have as another one Mandy? Chloe you can always go and speak to a tattooist and explain the kind of thing you want and they'll put together a design for you, angel wings don't have to be big, they can be whatever you want them to be really.

Thank you Chloe!
Lost forever indeed :D x
Caroline, have you thought anymore about what tattoo you would like?
Its been very stramge without the OH there but very quiet and i have been able to do and watch whatever i like, whenever i like lol x

Morning Daily Threaders --

Although it is nearly afternoon. I have a tattoo on the back on my right hip (in the fleshy part -- hurts less when there is more padding). I'll see if I can get a photo up of it. It is a sun with a little bird flying towards it. The sun is for my son -- who was the light of my life, especially once we moved to this gray Isle of Despair (sorry folks, but England's weather is seriously depressing) and the bird is for my daughter who was 10 lbs 2 oz at birth and was always hungry. She was like a baby bird with her mouth open all the time and consuming 10 times her own weight in food every day! lol So, my "Sun" and my "Little Bird".

I like where my Tat is located because I can see it -- if I want. So, it can be visible or not. In low rise jeans it shows, or depending upon how a swimsiut is cut. But most of the time it isn't visable -- but I know they're with me always.

MM

Last edited:
Caroline, I love both tattoos, you should defo get the stars done. I think tattoos should symbolise something for you, it makes them so much more individual and special. I have a tattoo on the lower right of my back which is both my girls names with a rose twisting under them in black and grey. I love it!

Mini, I think wings would be great. There was a girl on Miami Ink (also a massive fan of the 'Ink' series!!) who had them done on her wrist as a tribute to her murdered mother who was called Angel. It was so touching! I'd love one on my wrist but like you I prefer to be able to hide my tattoos though.

In other news- its day 1 of restart for me today. It feels like I was never away but I forgot how hard drinking the water is! Can't wait to get a couple of weeks under my belt and feel a bit more comfortable again.

Hi Lisalulu -- Welcome back and good luck with the restart. I have found drinking the water very hard. I think it is all the time I've been spending out side the house and not with a loo right at hand. makes me kind of anxious. I am hoping that once I've been doing this for a while my body will adjust (it seemed to last time) and I wasn't having to run to loo constantly. The water flavourings really help me get the water in --

MM

Ooh MM I love the sound of your tattoo.

Lisa I agree, I think a tattoo should mean something, that way you don't regret it. I was meant to be going with my sister to hold her hand while she got one done today but my parents were worried she'd regret it in a couple of months. Thing is though it was a little loveheart to symbolise the baby that she miscarried last year, so I'm not sure how you can regret something like that. Not when it means so much to you, same with mine. Your tattoo sounds really interesting, do you have a picture? I struggle with the water too, never get enough of it!!

Just been trying to get my design down on photoshop, and I think I've finalised it as this...

20377_508234459766_285500096_353025_1590420_n.jpg

Once I'm established in a career I may consider a tattoo on the side of my hand or wrist, but at the moment I don't know what kind of company I'll be working for, and have had mixed replies from different PR companies. It seems the more 'creative' ones are fine with it, but the corporate and technology ones are more traditional. I'm wanting a more creative company, but I can't guarantee that's what I'll get. In 5 years when I'm just truly amazing with all my experience and references (here's hoping!) it'll matter less, but starting out I don't think it's a great idea.

Hi CG -- The job tattoo thing is something to consider. Will you add colour to the design. I really like it. It seems very positive.

MM

Back