Temptation!

MiniB

Here we go again!
Went to badminton club last night and the junior club were finishing for the season and had all sorts of treats. A young lad was offering people bits and waved jaffa cakes under my nose asking if I'd like one. I said no thanks but he kept waving them under my nose saying go on, go on!
(Bless him!!)

Jaffa cakes!!

I love them but I really didn't even feel tempted or even want one. A little hurdle passed and feel glad I did. Anyone else been tempted by something they really love and didn't feel the least bit tempted?

I have a lot of meetings at work and yesterday they have krispy kreme dougnuts, is wasnt good for my first day on LP.

Plus in another all day meeting today and they have sandwiches, but i will resist !

My boss brought in mini muffins and was an arse about my "new fad" (her words) so she put them on my desk so everyone had to come to me for the muffins! I really felt like slapping her for being inconsiderate - but on the up side I wasn't tempted at all - in fact I just looked at the people eating them and thought "I don't need that food - look at you stuffing your face with c*#p - I'm getting myself thinner!" - ok may have been an odd mantra but it worked! AND I stood up for myself (after about 10 minutes) and told her I had moved them to the kitchen area. So there! Heheheheh x

well done, i would moved them straight away.

I know I should have done to show backbone and not let her get to me - but I felt daft - and really really strong and righteous! Hahahaha x

My boss brought in mini muffins and was an arse about my "new fad" (her words) so she put them on my desk so everyone had to come to me for the muffins! I really felt like slapping her for being inconsiderate - but on the up side I wasn't tempted at all - in fact I just looked at the people eating them and thought "I don't need that food - look at you stuffing your face with c*#p - I'm getting myself thinner!" - ok may have been an odd mantra but it worked! AND I stood up for myself (after about 10 minutes) and told her I had moved them to the kitchen area. So there! Heheheheh x

what a cow!!

Can't believe someone would be that nasty! Good for you though, you show em!!

There's only one person in my office that knows I'm on LT and on Fridays someone ALWAYS bring in muffins, tons of muffins.

On that day she makes all of teh trips to the kitchen for me to make my peppermint tea and fill my waterbottle, thank god for her!!!

Otherwise I would be up there just smelling them!!

Good on you, some people can be beaches!! I've been really lucky My boss has been quite supportive.

i came home from work last sunday night an all day bin thinkin bout a roast dinner (my fav meal) an went in the kitchen 2 make my shake an there on the side was a roast plated up 4 my brother. OMG. it was ok tho coz i just ad a smell then went an did my drink. felt really strong :)

Good on you all for resisting :) I am eating now, BUT just wanted to stick my oar in!!!!

I remember my first week on LT and I got on the train and someone had 2, not even 1, bacon buttie!!!! The smell; still can remember it now and even to this day when I smell bacon it reminds me of that first week!

Mind is a powerful tool - eh!

i came home from work last sunday night an all day bin thinkin bout a roast dinner (my fav meal) an went in the kitchen 2 make my shake an there on the side was a roast plated up 4 my brother. OMG. it was ok tho coz i just ad a smell then went an did my drink. felt really strong :)

Well done on resisting that. The further I get into the diet the more food smells help with the journey. I will also be cooking more cos that seems to help too.

Mini,

I completely agree with you, now in my third week and it's going well but I like to smell the jars in my fridge. I have no desire to eat but love to get a really good smell of everything!

Newb

Everyone in my office is awful! If they're not chomping on sarnies they're wolfing down choccies & crisps - ALL DAY! Well I'm just glad in a few months I'll be able to walk in with my new figure and rub their faces in it! HAH! (sorry - needed a rant!) x

Everything is tempting me today haha even stuff i dont usually like lol... one more shake for me and another bottle of sparkling water to go:):)

Got to agree with ohtobeslinky. You don't realise how much people eat throughout the day until you're not eating yourself. Makes me realise how much grazing is done throughout the day without knowing it.

It's funny isn't it nm, that some days everything tempts us and other days nothing at all bothers us. Wonder why that is?

Keep going everyone, we're doing well!

Got to agree with ohtobeslinky. You don't realise how much people eat throughout the day until you're not eating yourself. Makes me realise how much grazing is done throughout the day without knowing it.

It's funny isn't it nm, that some days everything tempts us and other days nothing at all bothers us. Wonder why that is?

Keep going everyone, we're doing well!

I agree it is mad when your not eating and you notice how much everyone eats and what they eat haha.. even my skinny friends the food they go through lol although some of them are out walking with me now too.. we have all just hit 30 and they are feeling a few extra pounds going on now that they never had before lol

yea i know its mad, some days you dont even think of food.. others I notice everything got to do with food and when on LT i always find every add on tele is about it lol

I live next door to my favorite indian take away, and when i come back in the evening , I swear can smell everything (or it is just my imagination!). Its getting very bad, sometimes i think what if I just have 1meal, but I know it won't be finished just on 1!, so can't go that way. But on the other hand I'm not craving sweets at all, just want a propel meal, any meat, pasta, rice, whatever, you name it!
Just taking day by day...

Totally agree with you NM about all the ads on the tv. I find watching soaps, all they do is eat in cafes etc. You don't notice this until you're not eating yourself.

It's good MissDesperate that you aren't craving bad stuff and like you say, just take each day as it comes, that's the best way in my opinion. Must be tough living next door to a takeaway though!

Back