Tempted to try water flavours and mousses..but will it slow my losses?

Hi

this is the first time i have posted on minimins after weeks of devoted reading, i find all your stories very inspiring and informative! i am about to finish my 4th week on CD and have lost 22.5 lbs so far.

i am getting seriously bored of the same 3 shakes, chocolate, choc mint and cappucino, the only ones i can stomach and even then only hot! i would like to try to make mousses and have water flavours but i wonder if anything other than the basic shakes, soups, bars and water can slow your weight loss down?

does anyone have any advice for a newbie??

thanks! :)

Hello - have you tried banana whizzed up with ice? its really nice! I was like you - I couldnt really stomach anything other than choc. I tried banana and hated it - but then tried it with ice and its great. Whizz it so there is no lumps.
The mousse mix is ok too - I dont know if it slows you down but I have had it and still lost 10lbs for the past 2 weeks.
The orange water flavour is not what i expected and it has no colour which is strange - I was expecting orange flavoured orange drink - but it tastes a bit...bizarre - but still quite nice.
I like vanilla shake with a litle orange water flavour in it and a scoop of mousse mix and whizz that up - let it set and it tastes like orangey cheesecake.

Good luck and stick with it
xx

Hello!

Well I am only a few weeks in myself and loving this site.

I am gonna try the mix-a-mousse this week myself and as far as I am aware, it doesn't take away from anything. Just drink extra water as you are using less water.

I'm sure someone who has lots of experience will post soon!

Massive well done for your weight loss! It's fab!

xx

Go into your User CP (at the top left in the blue bar). Go to Edit signature, and then copy and paste the link to your ticker from the ticker webpage into the signature box......if that makes sense! he he!

The mousses are delicious and take ages to eat. Have a look at the recipe thread. You can also 'cook' one a day

are you using bb code for ticker

Hi,
I was happy with plain water but bought the flavourings to make jelly - great. I quite like the mousse with choc and mint shake. You need to experiment a little so you don't get bored, I think!

Nobody is worse at techno stuff than me so dont worry!!!

I couldnt drink the water flavouring in still water, but loved it in fizzy water.

Also, mix a mousse shouldnt affect losses, well it didnt mine anyway, and its ace, the strawberry one is like angel delight.

As you get further on in CD tastes change, so its worth occasionally trying a new soup or shake just incase, also try making the muffins and leaving a little powder, then mix with hot water, not too hot, and having a custard sauce with it! mmmmmm!
Good Luck x

Back