Tempura Batter

Discussion in 'Nutrition, Health & Beauty' started by Dave, 8 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Dave

Dave Full Member

Healthy Eating
    As part of my new healthy eating regime I want to eat more vegetables... I love Tempura Vegetables and think eating these is a good way for me to eat my 5 a day.

Obviously eating steamed veg would be better for me... but can anyone tell me how much worse in a nutritional/ calorie / diet way are Tempura Vegetables?

I make the batter using half a cup of flour, half a cut of water and deep frying the veg in olive oil.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. harriet2

harriet2 serial poster

Goal Weight:
    my own
    obviously deep frying isnt ideal dave but as long as you count how much your eating into your daily amounts, im sure it would be fine

h x
  4. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Healthy eating/Food diary
    Could it be shallow fried ?That may help, could you steam half and batter half and then mix?
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.