Terrible couple of days! Please help!

Kim_bee

Ive been staying with the OH for a few days, and so far have had three terrible days for my slimming world! He has been doing slimming world too, but gave up a few weeks ago, and now keeps buying food and beers all the time! We were at the supermarket yesterday and on every aisle it was "shall we get some.....crisps.muffins......pizzas.......salami.....etc etc etc" ending up in me shouting at him in morrisons that he knows what I am and am not allowed on slimming world! Needless to say, I have given in to temptation more than a few times. I woke up this morning thinking i should just write off the week till i get weighed on tuesday, but I know this is a bad idea! Does anyone have any advice or inspiration for me!! Please!! :(

Don't write the week off, you have 5 full days before your next weigh in!! More than enough time to reverse some of the damage. Stick to plan for the rest of the week and you will be rewarded with a STS or maybe even a loss, instead of a gain.

Let him eat it, he won't lose weight and you will. Look at your aims in your signature, you'll do these if you don't give in!!

The best piece of advice I have ever heard for someone in this situation is that, "If you had 7 roses and 1 of them died, would you throw away all 7?" In other words, just because you have had a couple of bad days, is it worth throwing away the rest of, what could potentially be, a good week.

The best piece of advice I have ever heard for someone in this situation is that, "If you had 7 roses and 1 of them died, would you throw away all 7?" In other words, just because you have had a couple of bad days, is it worth throwing away the rest of, what could potentially be, a good week.

Thankyou! I think Im going to write that one on the fridge! The OH has such bad eating habits, I dont know if anyone else has this problem. He always rewards himself with food. I joined Slimming world to support him, but now he has given up im determined to do it even more! Thanks both of you :)

I completely understand! It can be hard to stay focused when you're around people with such bad eating habbits, but you just have to remember why you are doing this and how great you will feel once you reach your goals.

You can do it. Stay positive and show your OH just exactly how well the plan works! Seeing you doing so well might also encourage him to start again.

Good luck!

I hope it does :D he has a lot more to lose than me, hoping when im dead skinny it will be his inspiration!

Back