Terrible Week

PlymouthCaz

I have been so overcome to have the sensation of food in my mouth (not hunger) this week that on two occasions I've taken small amounts of food.

On Wednesday I put a slice of cold boiled potato in my mouth, chewed it and then spat it out. I had boiled the potatoes & sliced them for frying for my daughter and brother the following day.

Tonight it was some swede & carrot that I had mashed up... just a teaspoonful but I actually swallowed it as well.

I think I gave in to the craving today because I was so overcome with the need to have a texture in my mouth other than fluid. I spent the day with a friend shopping and hanging out... I had three cups of black coffee (the first since beginning LT four weeks ago), only one shake until 7pm and only 2l of water. When I got home I felt so damn sick it was unreal. So despite having a wonderful day in the city shopping for underwear two sizes smaller than a month ago my euphoria turned into tearful guilt as soon as I had swallowed the spoonful.

What really upsets me more than anything is that I have been so damn positive about this diet and its results... and then I do some stupid **** like this...

Weigh day tomorrow - I'll see how much damage I've done...

Aw pet, big huge hug to you!!!! It sounds like u need it. What a tough time. But listen dont panic. You havent done anything terrible. U spat out the potato which is great cos its a carb and you'v only had a tiny bit of veg so it probably wont effect u at all. You should b carefull about the water though. Maybe try and take a bottle of water with you when you go out and about.

In saying that, i was at the bridal show in rds today and totally forgot about water. It just didnt even come into my head so id only had about a pint of water and one shake untill about 6pm and when i got home i felt totally sick. So i know how it can happen. I think the important thing is not to make a habit of it. This diet is always a million times tougher when your feeling low so no wonder you've had it tough but honestly i think your doing great!!! You'v had fantastic looses and these feelings will pass think how great it felt to buy the underwear two whole sizes smaller?! Thats a great achievement and you've done that by your will power and determination. Dont worry your doing brilliantly and i hope your weigh in goes great!!!! Xx

Aww Caz I think you are being very hard on yourself, putting it into perspective I dont think you can have done much damage. We are all human i think you should forgive your self and move on. Well done on the fantastic 18lbs in 3 weeks!! Good luck for weigh in xx

Caz don't beat yourself up! I'm sure that a spoonful of veggies won't have had that much difference on your weight loss it's what it's doing to your mind that's the problem. Put it behind you, bung that wonderful new underwear on and remember today is another day....go for it

Hiya Caz, I'm guessing you feel bad as your not 100% now, but really you are 99.9% and by the end of today will be 100% again. It is hard, its relentless and at times it seems harder as time goes on. But I often have to take it a day at a time. Enjoy your little undie sets lol. x

oh honey don't beat yourself up about it what is done is done. I agree whith the others i doubt it has made much difference, if any.

All i can say is rememeber how guilty you feel right now, then next time you have the urge to put something in your mouth you won't want to do it, And when the feeling passes you wil feel victorious over the evil urges.

If you miss the sensation of actually eating try munching on an icecube, I have never done it but others say its great to have a different sensation in your mouth.

Keep up the good work, you are doing great. xx

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and understanding. When I went to bed last night I did feel so sick with too much coffee... guilt and general "this has been such a hard week" blues... and to wake up and read all this makes me feel so much more positive... it was a blip... let it pass and don't beat myself up so much about it.

Sincerely... thank you.

and see the Weigh-in thread for news of this weeks weight loss! :D

You have done great Caz! If we can live in Devon and not eat cream teas and replace it with shakes we must be doing good!

I am sure a teaspoon of veg won't make a jot of difference! x

Well done on ur 18lbs so far, don't let the slip get you down, we're all gonna have our hard days, keep at it. xx

As everyone else has said, massive well done for the achievement so far. Would say that I came really close to eating an extra crapjack this weekend wiv virw of refeed monday. I came so close but in desperation I called on the guys on the forum for help- really helped me to keep it up. Please don't be too hard on yourself but dont forget how crap it feels either- will help u to stay with it. Your doing really well and should be proud of everyday u stick with it.

Glad your feeling better!!! Xxx

Back