Tesco ultraslim bars recipe change???

xxAlliexx

Hi everyone,

I've been using the tesco ultraslim bars since I started because I don't like the exante ones, and its widely documented that these are fine.

However recently the chocolate ones seem to have changed recipe as they are A LOT nicer, more chocolately and less like cardboard (well to me anyway!).

I haven't got anything to compare the box with, but I'm concerned that if there's a recipe change then it could effect whether they are still OK on TS.

I suppose I'm worried they're a bit too good to be true!?! Has anyone else noticed a change? How do I work out that I can still have them?? (Chocolate is the only flavour I can buy locally).

Have a look on the exante website and it shows carbs/fat/calories for the bars and compare with the box of ultraslim.

Have a look on the exante website and it shows carbs/fat/calories for the bars and compare with the box of ultraslim.

Good plan, thanks for that! I've looked. Calories the same. Fat marginally higher in tesco bars. Carbs worry me though; Exante carbs are 14.6 or 16.9 per bar (depending on flavour).... But tesco choc ones are 22.4g of carbs per bar. The trouble is I don't know if there was less in them before! Plus I'm not sure what difference would be "significant". I'm a bit scared now.

Unfortunately though, if I'm out and about I need the bars (don't have one every day). But I ain't eating them things from exante!

I need to find an Asda to try there's. My local Asda stores don't do them :(

The exante shakes are about 20g of carbs so 22g of carbs shouldn't be a problem :)

The exante shakes are about 20g of carbs so 22g of carbs shouldn't be a problem :)

Phew! Thanks Bailey! Didn't think of that (I always assumed the shakes would be LESS carbs than the bars).

I'll carry on with them then. I guess if weight loss slows for an unexplained reason that I'll have to re-look at it x

Hi, just wanna let you know I eat only Tesco's bars, it's perfect for me.I can't stomach exante one's. So nothing to worry about...

Hi, just wanna let you know I eat only Tesco's bars, it's perfect for me.I can't stomach exante one's. So nothing to worry about...

Thanks Harry M. I've been eating them since the beginning. My worry was that they suddenly seem a lot nicer, and that they were perhaps a bit too nice to still be OK, lol! Pleased I can still have them, yum yum! xx

Back